2019 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

You didn't happen to ask him if they're doing anything different to try reduce the amount of injuries?

I haven’t followed the preseason as close as most on here. For those experienced railbirds does it seem like more guys on a special workout plan this early in the season? Maybe they’re trying to reduce the stress on some of the players’ bodies?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I haven’t followed the preseason as close as most on here. For those experienced railbirds does it seem like more guys on a special workout plan this early in the season? Maybe they’re trying to reduce the stress on some of the players’ bodies?

No. I did speak to a member of the medical staff a few weeks back and he did mention there has been an internal investigation into it.
They have put every other club’s injuries on a graph and noticed there are prominent cycles with injuries.
He said from speaking with mates in the afl system, teams like Richmond haven’t done anything different to freo, they’ve just been lucky.
I kind of agree that we’re due for some luck. Especially with our first rounders.

No. I did speak to a member of the medical staff a few weeks back and he did mention there has been an internal investigation into it.
They have put every other club’s injuries on a graph and noticed there are prominent cycles with injuries.
He said from speaking with mates in the afl system, teams like Richmond haven’t done anything different to freo, they’ve just been lucky.
I kind of agree that we’re due for some luck. Especially with our first rounders.

If you look.at our 1st round picks prior to the last few years Morra had a knee injury and so Apeness an acl also.

We took a gamble on them and it didn't work.

It amazes me that we get better insight into what’s going on at the club from amateur observers than from the paid professionals.

Thanks for sharing.

‘Twas an interesting experience. I represent the minority in being a big Ross fan already however, I was pleasantly surprised at how relaxed and gentle his nature is. He’s obviously fiercely competitive and loyal to his players. Especially when constantly having to defend against twits like Hardie and crumpet (to name a couple of many). Also found it funny that he had a personal bouncer/bodyguard on his way out. Probably to keep him safe from Brad Hardie who was seen putting his Brownlow on red later that evening.
This was exactly my experience when I met him. Very warm,friendly, passionate, switched on individual.

NGA next years draft eligible... very very silky skills, left and right.

I think he played mainly private school footy this year but 2 colts games as under anger and did ok.

One for the memory bank!

http://www.wafl.com.au/players/view/7126
If he's as silky as you state, it won't just be the memory bank, but another bank that gets utilised by a few on here
NTTAWWT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder who’s keeping track of this? If I wanted to go back and compare freo’s injuries with west coast or Melbourne, where would someone find that info? Does the AFL have a big spreadsheet somewhere? I can’t see a team charting every other team’s injuries...

I wonder who’s keeping track of this? If I wanted to go back and compare freo’s injuries with west coast or Melbourne, where would someone find that info? Does the AFL have a big spreadsheet somewhere? I can’t see a team charting every other team’s injuries...

They do, I will try and remember to dig it up for you.

I remember reading that ACL was a tiny proportion of injuries creating a whopping huge impact on the games missed tally, which had me think the sample was too small BUT the sheet did break down the injuries really broadly, lots of little data points.

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back