Unofficial Preview 2020 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to Wright today on Marc McGowan’s pod re: hawk trades etc, i think we are going to chase a tall defender.

just the way he talked about them taking a few years to develop etc, this just after discussing the Hartigan recruitment, it just got me thinking that’s the way we’re heading.

interesting to see what happens I guess.

still staggered Daniher is worth pick 7. It’s just ridiculous a guy who’s played just 15 games in 3yrs is worth that much

Listening to Wright today on Marc McGowan’s pod re: hawk trades etc, i think we are going to chase a tall defender.

just the way he talked about them taking a few years to develop etc, this just after discussing the Hartigan recruitment, it just got me thinking that’s the way we’re heading.

still staggered Daniher is worth pick 7. It’s just ridiculous a guy who’s played just 15 games in 3yrs is worth that much

From the AFL website:
Wright added that Hawks will consider drafting a key defender with their No.4 pick. - Mitch Cleary

Translation: We want DGB but will take best available if he's not there.
I’m sure Davo-27 would be thrilled to take Zach Reid with that pick if DGB is off the table

(Sorry Davo :p)

Also while I’m here I think taking DGB makes too much sense for your club, has to be one of the better key defenders I’ve seen through the draft in recent years. Not many I’ve seen have that competitiveness already and he has a body that will fill out aswell. The fact he has been able to play so well at League level despite his frame is very promising for his at the next level.

I’m sure Davo-27 would be thrilled to take Zach Reid with that pick if DGB is off the table

Also while I’m here I think taking DGB makes too much sense for your club, has to be one of the better key defenders I’ve seen through the draft in recent years. Not many I’ve seen have that competitiveness already and he has a body that will fill out aswell. The fact he has been able to play so well at League level despite his frame is very promising for his at the next level.
Swans mate. We know they'll take him.

I'm hoping we don't pick Zach Reid, no offence to the young man.

People need to stop carrying on about the picks and compo and how that will impact our picks. Sure it will, but we literally don’t know who will be holding what on draft night when trade week has not even begun.

And besides, as pointed out by MJA33 Clarkson called out how compromised this draft was going to be two months ago, so don’t even try to suggest that Wright and Co were not readying themselves.

DGB - I don't want to select him at pick 4/5 but if we do it makes a lot of sense.
His kind of talent is quite rare: Lake, Rance, McGovern, Sicily...who else has there been as an elite intercept KPD?

I hope a trade for the bulldogs first pick is on, bc I really want at least 1 of Hollands, Henry or Perkins.
We are desperate for elite forward/mids or vice versa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane made him worth that, what was suggested on radio yesterday is that the lions pay a bit more for daniher (few hundred thousand)so essendon get the top compensation dont match and force lions to trade and the lions get to keep their draft picks. Win win for both those clubs but a farce in reality. Compo if not fully scrapped should never enter the first round.

If Adelaide gets pick 2 does that change our strategy at all? Makes Hollands no chance. Reckon we’re thinking of trading back a few spots if someone Is happy to pay up as we may think can get same player a few picks later that we wanted with our current pick (especially if after a mid or Henry type).

If Adelaide gets pick 2 does that change our strategy at all? Makes Hollands no chance. Reckon we’re thinking of trading back a few spots if someone Is happy to pay up as we may think can get same player a few picks later that we wanted with our current pick (especially if after a mid or Henry type).
Agreed. Have always said when Adelaide pull this off, we'll split the pick.

Agreed. Have always said when Adelaide pull this off, we'll split the pick.
Unless we get two before 10 or very soon after we should keep what is now 5.. I know Phillips (most likely) looks in stature the same as our other mids but he’s much more a burst player and offensive creator. I think he could have a massive impact at AFL level as long as he uses his short kick game effectively by spotting up open forwards inside 50.. I would say this is not the strong point of any of Mitch, Omera or Worpel and is a real need for our team..

In terms of draft positioning & player availability - that win against the Suns in the last game changed things a lot. (Not to mention the close win against Norf earlier in the year).
I would try to swap Crows pick 2 with our 4 & Dogs 1st if we can get it, to make sure we get our preferred selection

NO WAY. The is nothing splitting the top 7 (including JUH/Cambell). We still get one of them. Its not a big issue. Who knows it might make North bid on Campbell
Yep, clear top 7 to me
- JUH
- Tilthorpe
- MacDonald
- DGB
- Phillips
- Hollands
- Campbell

After JUH/MacDonald - who we won't get, it's difficult to split them. Suspect we get Phillips, who may not fill an immediate need, but is a good chance to be the best player on that list.

I'd rather any of those guys than two or even three picks in the 20's (which is realistically the best we could get with picks moving back).

Would love to combine later picks for Bulldogs 12 (18) though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back