Unofficial Preview 2020 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant be happy with the knee.
Will be there at 4. Big call to pass.

But is it though?

Given the injury itself and how it occurred, is it a smart move to use our highest selection in close to two decades on him?

If we do end up recruiting him then do doubt our club has done it's due diligence, however I wouldn't be surprised at all if we overlooked him and recruited either a Phillips or Thilthorpe or maybe even split our pick.

Definitely interesting times ahead though 😁

Cant be happy with the knee.
Will be there at 4. Big call to pass.
If the club passes on him because they see something with the knee then I’m cool with that but as you say on talent alone it would be a huge call to pass on him. The next 2 weeks can’t come quick enough IMO.

It's subtle, but when someone is doing something as simple as jogging in a straight line, your feet should at the very least be pointing forward and your knee should not jolt inwards on the leading leg. The trailing leg should also hinge at the knee so the lower leg goes straight back, not flared out at an angle.

This isn't the perfect view as its not straight on but these same subtle issues speak of compensation for something hidden - usually at the ankle or hip.

Ideally the legs should look like pistons when they go up and down in linear sense without any added rotation.

It may be a big deal, it may never be a problem. Its just where my eyes go if someone's already had a nasty leg injury.

There was a Twitter post from the Hawks earlier this year showing Golds doing some post ACL rehab exercises and his mechanics were shocking - albeit he wasn't at 100% at the time. Its a much better example but it all speaks to same common issues that set athletes up to fail.
7e068859cbb79df413e6799bcd71a9ee.jpg

Edit: Found it!

0.45 and 1.56 show this a little more.
I should clarify too. I'm not saying his rehab has been poor or that his attitude hasn't been great, its just that the issues above seem to get missed alot which is criminal considering how important they are clinically.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

I should clarify too. I'm not saying his rehab has been poor or that his attitude hasn't been great, its just that the issues above seem to get missed alot which is criminal considering how important they are clinically.

Mate I’m not linking any of what you have posted to my view ......it’s just my observation

Mate I’m not linking any of what you have posted to my view ......it’s just my observation
It wasn't in direct response to you at all, but your post did make me want to clarify things a little.

Appreciate your perspective!

Still think we are a massive show for Thilthorpe if the Crows pass. Who wouldn't want an agile 200cm forward that can swing in to the ruck. At this stage we have:

Patton - an injured truck
Obrien - almost a key forward
Jeka - raw
Gunston - 3rd tall

Almost comical.
I unlike others here still hold hope for a guy you've forgotten to mention (or don't rate).
Mitch Lewis. I think its up to Mitch himself if he wants to be Joe Average or step up & become a good AFL player.
Me being the ever optimist is leaning towards the later.

I unlike others here still hold hope for a guy you've forgotten to mention (or don't rate).
Mitch Lewis. I think its up to Mitch himself if he wants to be Joe Average or step up & become a good AFL player.
Me being the ever optimist is leaning towards the later.
Yep, forgot him. But I don't think you say no to a Thilthorpe because of Mitch Lewis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah , you can see it in his face a bit too. He has stacked it on a bit but a pre season would trim him down to appropriate weight. Lucky you don’t lose your footy iq and skills in rehab !
Lose your fitness though
Hasnt been a full time mid before so i'm guessing his fitness base is already quite low, especially when you add in the ACL

Looks like Xavier Ellis these days. He was pick three wasn’t he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back