Unofficial Preview 2020 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a draft, eh?

2 x elite speed merchant forward / mids with mongrel, who are just as likely to shank you in the carpark behind Woolies as kick winning goals off their d***ks. Brock in particular could be the steal or the draft or be in prison this time next year, who knows which? Either way we have rolled that dice and it's exciting

1 x quick, elite 55m booming kick, Connor "the dumpling dominator" Downie. Also said to be immune to the rona

1 x Denver "Nugget" Grainger-Barrass. Said to be a skinny McGovern. Second best name in the draft to Phoenix Spicer and regular pantser of that hack McDonald

Jeez big call not selecting Eddie ford And winder with our last 2 picks. Winder and ford are better talents/more proven then Mitchell and Tyler. Hope we got it right. Ford was projected around 25 wasn’t he ? Would be a steal.

You say that, but both of those players are still on the board and teams are now starting to pass too. So it's not just us 🤷‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m pretty chuffed with this draft. Took an elite marking key position player with 6. Picked up two lightning high-impact small forwards. Matched a Downie bid later than expected. Our selections all attempt to address glaring deficiencies in our list. And in addition to this we improved our draft hand for the supposed superdraft next year.

There are also some very exciting players still available to us in the rookie draft that would be the cherry on top: Heath, Carrigan, Ginnivan, Callow, Kolar, Maher & Trew would all be attractive options although knowing us we’ll go for another smokey.

My only concern is that we didn’t really address our midfield but next years’ draft is so stacked for midfielders that I’m not overly worried.

Would of liked us to grab a ruckman. Not really sure what the plan is post McEvoy/Ceglar...

I’m pretty chuffed with this draft. Took an elite marking key position player with 6. Picked up two lightning high-impact small forwards. Matched a Downie bid later than expected. Our selections all attempt to address glaring deficiencies in our list. And in addition to this we improved our draft hand for the supposed superdraft next year.

There are also some very exciting players still available to us in the rookie draft that would be the cherry on top: Heath, Carrigan, Winder, Ginnivan, Callow, Kolar, Maher & Trew would all be attractive options although knowing us we’ll go for another smokey.

My only concern is that we didn’t really address our midfield but next years’ draft is so stacked for midfielders that I’m not overly worried.

We will have our first and 2x seconds (Collingwood's and ours?) next season, which is nice.

Hopefully Finn takes a big step and Worpel and Mitchell are back to their best.

I also hope that any/all of Morris, Brockman and the Irish Mitchell can come in and have an impact at small forward to Wingard can stay in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back