Unofficial Preview 2020 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would of liked us to grab a ruckman. Not really sure what the plan is post McEvoy/Ceglar...
Ned Reeves, who the club are quite happy to continue to develop.

Is it just me... or do Seamus Mitchell and Tyler Brockman seem to have exactly the same characteristics ?

Height, speed, x-factor, need to work on one-touch handling ?

Not exactly the same player but they're both small forwards although Tyler can push more up the ground.

Certainly the Hawks went for "needs" over talent. We drafted small forwards and fast players.

North killed this draft with Phillips, Ford, Lazzaro, Spicer and Powell.

50 something picks in 4 and a half hours.

Get f’ed.

What a yawn fest. When they went to the club's room, they were just sitting there. I'm sure the picks were done well in advance and then Foxtel stretched it out for the massive post 11pm ratings.

Pick 49 Port Adelaide Ollie Lord says he plays like Jonathan Patton , obviously a few soft tissue problems for the young fellow

Ollie Lord is more like a taller Jack Gunston. Would've loved to have picked him up.

AFL is just a media run circus now, all clubs would have been told to run down the clock to at least a minute and a half with all early selections. So obvious when they go to interview last player selected with 2-3 mins on clock for next team every time. As bad as the ****in Brownlow.

Ned Reeves, who the club are quite happy to continue to develop.
Yep no need to take a ruck we have 2x afl ready rucks, injury depth in Brooksby and a development player in reeves.

Patton, Lewis and O'Brien are capable of pinch hitting as 2nd ruck/forward.

I would think reeves would be pushing for games in 2022. End of next year we drop Brooksby and one of McEvoy and ceglar move on and we target a mature ruck. Missed out on Pruest but will be trade options next year.

Not exactly the same player but they're both small forwards although Tyler can push more up the ground.

Certainly the Hawks went for "needs" over talent. We drafted small forwards and fast players.

North killed this draft with Phillips, Ford, Lazzaro, Spicer and Powell.

North & Collingwood probably the big winners early days. Adelaide did nicely too although that's expected with their draft hand.

I think Essendon, Hawks & Melbourne did well drafting for requirements. Carlton got hold of a few sliders which they'll be happy with.

I think GWS did really poorly for their picks.

Who is left for the rookie draft that we could pick with pick 4

Players of interest would be Max Heath (Gawn type project ruck), Walsh (English type project ruck), Zavier Maher (explosive inside/outside mid), Lachlan Carrigan (quick project wingman), Zane Trew (inside mid), Jack Ginnivan (classy small forward), Liam Kolar (project athletic tall) and Jackson Callow (manchild marking forward). Would personally love Maher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep no need to take a ruck we have 2x afl ready rucks, injury depth in Brooksby and a development player in reeves.

Patton, Lewis and O'Brien are capable of pinch hitting as 2nd ruck/forward.

I would think reeves would be pushing for games in 2022. End of next year we drop Brooksby and one of McEvoy and ceglar move on and we target a mature ruck. Missed out on Pruest but will be trade options next year.
The rucks we have are 🥔 we need some new blood. I’m hoping we take Walsh in the rookie draft.

North & Collingwood probably the big winners early days. Carlton got hold of a few sliders which they'll be happy with.

I think Essendon, Hawks & Melbourne did well drafting for requirements. Adelaide did nicely too although that's expected with their draft hand.

I think GWS did really poorly for their picks.

Players of interest would be Max Holmes (agressive project ruck), Zavier Maher (explosive inside/outside mid), Lachlan Carrigan (quick project wingman), Zane Trew (inside mid), Jack Ginnivan (classy small forward), Liam Kolar (project athletic tall) and Jackson Callow (manchild marking forward). Would personally love Maher.
I think max Holmes was taken by Geelong.

What a draft, eh?

2 x elite speed merchant forward / mids with mongrel, who are just as likely to shank you in the carpark behind Woolies as kick winning goals off their d***ks. Brock in particular could be the steal or the draft or be in prison this time next year, who knows which? Either way we have rolled that dice and it's exciting

1 x quick, elite 55m booming kick, Connor "the dumpling dominator" Downie. Also said to be immune to the rona

1 x Denver "Nugget" Grainger-Barrass. Said to be a skinny McGovern. Second best name in the draft to Phoenix Spicer and regular pantser of that hack McDonald

After all these posts we finally hit gold with this one!!! Thank you

Ollie Lord is more like a taller Jack Gunston. Would've loved to have picked him up.
A taller Gunston eh? Seems a miracle a player that good would slide to the last 10 picks of a compromised draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back