Unofficial Preview 2020 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A taller Gunston eh? Seems a miracle a player that good would slide to the last 10 picks of a compromised draft.
Luke Breust is a shorter Gunston ;), and we got him as a rookie.
I believe in miracles.

Yeh he is related to Greg Broughton. No harm intended no foul in my playbook. I only asked because if that's what you had in fact 'meant' (which you clearly didn't), then the above post would apply :thumbsu:

This picture a mate posted inspired me

Screenshot_20201210-035159_Messenger.jpg

Pick 4 in the rookie draft tomorrow, can we snare Jackson Callow (rated 20 in Knightmare's phantom draft) or Jack Ginnivan (26).

Also watch out for
Sam Fisher (37)
Zavier Maher (39)
Jackson Cardilo (40)
Max Pescud (42)
Kaine Baldwin (43)
Zane Trew (47)

Pick 4 in the rookie draft tomorrow, can we snare Jackson Callow (rated 20 in Knightmare's phantom draft) or Jack Ginnivan (26).

Also watch out for
Sam Fisher (37)
Zavier Maher (39)
Jackson Cardilo (40)
Max Pescud (42)
Kaine Baldwin (43)
Zane Trew (47)

I think this kid is a big Hawthorn fan, he'd be itching for us to take him.

Thoughts on our draft haul Davo-27 ?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WWSD you must be happy the Hawks addressed their fast small forward issues by nabbing 2 :)

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
It is funny everyone wanted a mid, I said in a post we have many holes to fill, not like a FB and small Fwd only spots to fill in, they should listen to me less. Our 2nd pick was abit of a surprise, clearly they did not want to take a midfielder in Carroll. Everyone said we could do with more. Everyone here wanted Ford, hopefully the club have done their homework on the small forwards just like Poupolo.

Don't know if it has been said but by Christ $ydney got a sweet ride with frigging North not making them choose between McDonald and Campbell. I guess that's what you get from being on the AFL drip.

Sit boo boo, now roll over, good dog.
silver lining is had north bid, Essendon would have picked up one of the fab 5.

I’m really happy with what we did last night.
We got a gun tall, much needed speed and no bids on Downie before our 2nd pick was a huge bonus.

Looked like we might have pulled the trigger a bit early on Mitchell but we obviously like the kid and he did have a lot of interest from other clubs apparently. It’s also a good reminder that we don’t know what FA or trade targets we have in mind for other positions that need addressing next year.

My take is that we weren’t quite as in love with McDonald as some, otherwise we would have made the pick swap with North to get pick 2. Instead we’ve jagged DGB (who I personally think is a safer bet) and increased our draft hand next year. Great work Hawks!

Last edited:
I must admit I was a little pissed off when my club went with McDonald with DGB on the board. I am starting to warm to McDonald but after Phillips (who I wanted most of all) I really wanted DGB. I think he is going to be a great player for you guys.
Cheers mate. I was shocked you passed on him, as I thought the plan was to take him when you traded Aliir. Anyway, Logan will be a ripper too 👍👍

So we finish the night using our first 2 picks before a Downie bid and add a 2021 second and fourth.

Beauty.
Thats some night right there, got everything we wanted it seems and picked up an extra 2 decent picks for next year, particulary pick 20 :p from collingwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back