2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread...now with new DFA speculation!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of transparency in the AFL will shine through on the Treloar deal.

Collingwood signed him until 2025 on mega bucks. You can’t pass that on with no cost to yourself.

How much would a club trade for Franklin right now having to pay him $2.5 million? Swans would have to GIVE a pick to get him off their books.

Collingwood supporters are in for a shock. Treloar worth a first round pick if his contract was negotiable, because they have locked him in for overs, expect a fair discount.

The lack of transparency in the AFL will shine through on the Treloar deal.

Collingwood signed him until 2025 on mega bucks. You can’t pass that on with no cost to yourself.

How much would a club trade for Franklin right now having to pay him $2.5 million? Swans would have to GIVE a pick to get him off their books.

Collingwood supporters are in for a shock. Treloar worth a first round pick if his contract was negotiable, because they have locked him in for overs, expect a fair discount.
Why is Treloar's contract locked in? Buddy as a FA is locked in yes, but why can't Treloar re-write his contract with Hawks if he wanted to?

It's great leverage to force a move out of Collingwood now that they've burnt him I know, but it's not cast in stone.

Whilst I agree that Treloar should/will come at a discount (compared to what would usually be a fair price for him) - a pick in the 40's alone for Phillips and Treloar is completely deluded irrespective of their contracts and the Pies cap situation...

Yes, Treloar's kicking is poor but he is still a serious player. Phillips isn't garbage either.

The Pies board may be crazy thinking they can get our pick 4 and we may well make a "take it or leave it" offer, but those here thinking we can get these two for pick 45ish alone are equally insane (even two picks in the 40's is well unders) IMO..

Whilst I agree that Treloar should/will come at a discount (compared to what would usually be a fair price for him) - a pick in the 40's alone for Phillips and Treloar is completely deluded irrespective of their contracts and the Pies cap situation...

Yes, Treloar's kicking is poor but he is still a serious player. Phillips isn't garbage either.

The Pies board may be crazy thinking they can get our pick 4 and we may well make a "take it or leave it" offer, but those here thinking we can get these two for pick 45ish alone are equally insane (even two picks in the 40's is well unders) IMO..
Pick 21 for Treloar
Pick 45ish for Phillips

It's not about what is or isn't fair though. They want him off the books. No one has targeted Treloar.

It's not about what is or isn't fair though. They want him off the books. No one has targeted Treloar.
I know its not completely about what is fair - hence I said he should/will come at a discount.

That doesn't mean they just walk in the door for free.

I know its not completely about what is fair - hence I said he should/will come at a discount.

That doesn't mean they just walk in the door for free.

If it gets to 1.50pm next Thursday and they still have Cox, Stephenson and Treloar on the books, I think you'll be surprised at how desperate they become. I imagine that's why everyone is just sitting back chilling out. Publicly, at least.

Tell him he's dreamin...
I think that is “fair” value due to the way the Pies have handled the Treloar situation but I doubt that would happen

Phillips might come with a future forth pick, to get back what we paid for Hartigan

Normally yes, but the Pies simply can't bring Treloar back into the club after what they've done.

They also have reportedly $150k space left to offer De Goey at the moment, which ain't going to cut it. Treloar and Philips won't be free, but they'll be quite cheap

Does Damian Barrett read Bigfooty? 🤣

IF ...
Clarko isn't pondering ways to get Adam Treloar to the Hawks ...

THEN ...
I'd be very, very surprised. It's what he does – goes for big names from other clubs, no matter what is being said about supposed Hawthorn rebuilds and re-sets. O'Meara, Frawley, Mitchell, Wingard, Scully, Patton. Treloar fits.

So we like what Damo is putting out this week? :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t need a Jed Anderson , we got worpel o’meara and Mitchell for inside grunt. Treloar is what we need, game breaking inside mid with explosive pace out of stoppages.

If we somehow manage to get Treloar and Phillips this off-season, the winner will be...

images
Had the most hitouts to advantage in any game this season against port then gets moved to defence the next week... classic clarko haha

Also isn’t there stories of the playing group not being very fond of Jed Anderson when he was here?

Midfield rotation of Mitchell o’meara worpel treloar Phillips scully wingard shiels , hopefully Holland’s then you have cousins depth etc. batting very deep.

Also isn’t there stories of the playing group not being very fond of Jed Anderson when he was here?
How many of his teammates in 2013 are still at Hawthorn?
Breust
Burgoyne
Gunston
Shiels

Yep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back