2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread...now with new DFA speculation!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything i have heard about Gallucci sounds bad.

Lazy, unfit, unmotivated.

We need depth but i think he is a pass, he has some talent and the Crows are desperate for it and they let him walk. No other clubs came sniffing in the trade period either.

Everything i have heard about Gallucci sounds bad.

Lazy, unfit, unmotivated.

We need depth but i think he is a pass, he has some talent and the Crows are desperate for it and they let him walk. No other clubs came sniffing in the trade period either.
Achilles as well so fair chance he lost a fair bit of his athleticism, speed etc. yeah alarm bells when a team that is desperate for any talent delisted you and no teams wanted you. He was a High pick so for them to get rid of him no hesitation must mean the talks of him being unfit, lazy have some truth to it

So, how do we get another 2020 first rounder in WITHOUT compromising our 2021 first rounder?

I suspect that's what we're trying to do

Depending on how strongly clubs value next years draft (which by all reports is very) I could potentially see something like Pick 24 + 2021 Second to GWS for 15 and 2021 Third. The value of our future second would be pretty high in our current position.

But truth be told I'm warming to the idea of just taking 24 to the draft and not compromising next years haul. If a bid comes for Downie we can try live-trade 24 for a future pick, or even take Downie and use picks 45, 46 & 49 on players. Think there are some real late gems in this draft that haven't bolted thanks to COVID. Would be a lot of fools gold too though.

Good and cheap :arrowdown::think:

Riley Knight
Jordan Gallucci
Sam Skinner
Jacob Allison
Josh Begley
Mitchell Hibberd
Hugh Dixon
Sam Durdin
Lachie Hosie
Logan Austin
Matthew Parker
Michael Knoll
Riley Stoddart
Joe Atley
Francis Watson
Billy Gowers

I reckon Riley Stoddart might be worth a look

Will be interesting to see how Kevin Durant does coming back from his next season with the Nets
He’ll be fine , he can shoot lights out. Never relied on Athleticism to score like a Russell Westbrook or d rose if that happened to them then career over.

I work at SANFL games and saw Jordan Gallucci reasonably regularly 2018-19 and with all due respect to him, I would be really disappointed if we went down that path...

If Jack Lonie gets delisted, get him in the PSD. :$
7E97820D-733A-4F31-AE1A-A684FAE304C7.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Jack Lonie gets delisted, get him in the PSD. :$
Sure why not play the slowest worst defensive small fwd in the AFL.... rather Moore gets a gig

No this is very bad for them. Dodo's track record with first rounders is laughable.

Not a fan for Dildoro either but his offer for Dunkley was spot on, top 10 pick and second rounder was spot on. Pressure back on him to get the three top 10 picks right...
I reckon Riley Stoddart might be worth a look

Stoddart is an interesting one. Nephew of Kris Barlow and rated fairly highly in his draft year. Very rangy and lean but has genuine speed. Doesn't appear as though he fitted into life in Sydney. From a very close knit familly and so being back home may be just what he needs. Definately worth a rookie spot, hope we take the punt

Which club was he playing for ? Position etc , never heard of the bloke so I am genuinely curious.

Back flanker at Sydney, nephew of Kris Barlow, was at Eastern Ranges https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/players/1717/ryley-stoddart

Back flanker at Sydney, nephew of Kris Barlow, was at Eastern Ranges https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/players/1717/ryley-stoddart
Thanks mate, Says he is lightning quick and loves to run and carry, we could always use that.

Not a fan for Dildoro either but his offer for Dunkley was spot on, top 10 pick and second rounder was spot on. Pressure back on him to get the three top 10 picks right...

Stoddart is an interesting one. Nephew of Kris Barlow and rated fairly highly in his draft year. Very rangy and lean but has genuine speed. Doesn't appear as though he fitted into life in Sydney. From a very close knit familly and so being back home may be just what he needs. Definately worth a rookie spot, hope we take the punt
Stoddart was really good mates with Cooper Ratten son of Brett. Really wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at the Saints as I do recall Ratts was advocating us taking Stoddart but we never had the pick in the range to get him.

He’ll be fine , he can shoot lights out. Never relied on Athleticism to score like a Russell Westbrook or d rose if that happened to them then career over.

You still need atheticism to create space for yourself, create shots, rebounding, second chance opportunities.

It's what differentiates him from other a 7 footer who can run the ball like a point guard.

You still need atheticism to create space for yourself, create shots, rebounding, second chance opportunities.

It's what differentiates him from other a 7 footer who can run the ball like a point guard.
From all reports and footage he is looking pretty darn good. Kd at 80% is still a top 5 player in the nba. Some players are saying from training with him recently he’ll come back even better which is possible because it happened to Dominique Wilkins

Run is what we need. Heaps more of it to tell the truth as long as it doesn't come with any Vanilla Hartung then I say bring it on.
Yeah he is definitely worth a spot on our list. He has attributes this team needs, plus his numbers were solid in his 4 AFL games.

From all reports and footage he is looking pretty darn good. Kd at 80% is still a top 5 player in the nba. Some players are saying from training with him recently he’ll come back even better which is possible because it happened to Dominique Wilkins
It will be interesting to see how KD comes back. Notice that by the time he plays competitively again it will be about 18 months since he last played. 18-24 months seems to be the new norm for Achilles and ACLs these days. Yeah you can come back earlier but the science says if you don't want a reoccurrence then take the 1.5 to 2 years off.

#familyclub #comehome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back