2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread...now with new DFA speculation!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Treloar. Imagine being forced out of an environment you're comfortable in and committed to because they mismanaged their salary cap horribly. And you keep telling them you want to stay but your contract is so big that they basically have no choice but to shop you around to keep everyone else. The longer it goes the messier it will get.

sounds a bit like Aaron hamill

Agree. He's been awesome. Good operator who has a lot of respect in the industry.
Yep, Sos is a good guy. Matt Randell sounds like the drunk uncle at Christmas lunch kind of guy.
Always loved Plough though on the radio. I used to drink a fair bit with Terry years ago. Absolute legend.

Yep, Sos is a good guy. Matt Randell sounds like the drunk uncle at Christmas lunch kind of guy.
Always loved Plough though on the radio. I used to drink a fair bit with Terry years ago. Absolute legend.
I don't mind Rendell, most of what he says is pretty spot on especially for analysing where other lists are at.

What would TOB be worth vs Phillips? Is a straight swap for TOB a fair deal (talls should be worth a bit more?)? Or maybe a 3 way trade with Melbourne (TOB to dees, McDonald to pies, Phillips to hawks?).

Given TOB is prob on a reasonable salary (and other two aren’t) we’d probably want a bit more. A shame Jayden hunt just signed up.

I don't mind Rendell, most of what he says is pretty spot on especially for analysing where other lists are at.
Eh his list manager segment is pretty trash, significantly worse than Terry.

His one on the Hawks was awful. Sos asked if we had any father sons or NGA's coming this year and he said no.

Also said he used to run an average draft position for each list and 'if he did one for the Hawks it would be the highest ever' Yet he didn't actually do it.

Seemed really uninformed and kinda unprofessional.

Last edited:

His one one on the Hawks was awful. Sos asked if we had any father sons or NGA's coming this year and he said no.

Also said he used to run an average draft position of each list and 'if he did one for the Hawks it would be the highest ever' Yet he didn't actually do it.

1604309763836.gif

Treloar can nominate any club he wants doesn’t matter what picks a club has in this point in time as he has a contract that they have to honour or trade him where he desires. North have no coach, no decent players and are a rabble for a reason right now.

I still believe the Dogs will go for him.

out Dunkley
In Treloar

What would TOB be worth vs Phillips? Is a straight swap for TOB a fair deal (talls should be worth a bit more?)? Or maybe a 3 way trade with Melbourne (TOB to dees, McDonald to pies, Phillips to hawks?).

Given TOB is prob on a reasonable salary (and other two aren’t) we’d probably want a bit more. A shame Jayden hunt just signed up.

Nah I don't think other clubs would value TOB as much as you're suggesting here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lachlan Schultz is still out of contract for Fremantle. Worth a look?

Lachlan Schultz is still out of contract for Fremantle. Worth a look?
I've only seen one game so take this with a grain of salt, but what I observed is an intense competitor who is happy to do the chasing, tackling, harrasing that Poppy used to excel in.

Have no idea on his skill level etc but from what I've seen he could definitely fill the defensuve role we need as a stop gap at least.

As always, depends on the cost...

Collingwood have told him to his face numerous times they do not want him at all.
The vitriol the media are trying to paint Collingwood with is ridiculous, I don’t believe it for a second. Buckley is a good operator and everyone knows it, just like the brush they tried to paint Clarko with after Lewis/Mitchell conversations, they would all be had with respect and professionalism. Sure they are making hard calls and salary squeezed but I highly doubt they are behaving in a way that players around the league could look upon unfavourably. Footy ‘journalists’ are utter garbage for the most part.

As for Trelor, I don’t think it’s happening for us but I love that its never dull this time of year!

The vitriol the media are trying to paint Collingwood with is ridiculous, I don’t believe it for a second. Buckley is a good operator and everyone knows it, just like the brush they tried to paint Clarko with after Lewis/Mitchell conversations, they would all be had with respect and professionalism. Sure they are making hard calls and salary squeezed but I highly doubt they are behaving in a way that players around the league could look upon unfavourably. Footy ‘journalists’ are utter garbage for the most part.

As for Trelor, I don’t think it’s happening for us but I love that its never dull this time of year!
Agree re Buckley. He's a class act. Not much of the media hype adds up to be fair.

Agree re Buckley. He's a class act. Not much of the media hype adds up to be fair.

The best part is Buckley is calling these media flogs out on it! Should be way more of it!!!

This is my understanding as well. At this moment, Treloar would only be involved if Collingwood pushed the fire sale button and we involved Jack. At the moment that ain’t happening.
if the fire button sale gets pushed would we have to involve Jack?? They said there first next year is on the table so if Jack was being considered for trade I would hope they chase that pick and maybe there first this year as well.

Even it involves Jack Gunston and the Collingwood first for 2020 ????
That just will not happen. The power has been taken out of their hands so they are delusional in thinking they can ask for Gunner now. Still think Stephenson will be part of this somewhere. That makes more sense than a direct swap with Gunner and Treloar as your replacing a similar player. I'd be open to trading Gunner if we get Stephenson and keep pick 4 plus pick 14 from the dogs. They ain't getting our pick 4.

Unless the offer is so attractive we cannot resist.
I don’t expect it to happen to make it very clear, but Collingwood “are almost fanatical to make this happen and know they have to blow us out of the water”.
Correct. Same info I am aware of. They are adamant they want Gunner but as I said we have the power here if we decide to do business together. Stephenson and Treloar and we pay his salary in exchange for either pick 14 or 21 and Gunston.

His one on the Hawks was awful. Sos asked if we had any father sons or NGA's coming this year and he said no.

Also said he used to run an average draft position for each list and 'if he did one for the Hawks it would be the highest ever' Yet he didn't actually do it.

I agree, he also included glass in his analysis not knowing he had retired. He had no idea.

Question for those with inside info - is Wingard happy at Hawthorn? There were some rumours earlier this year.

From memory, when he left Port the Dogs were also interested. If Dunkley left, the Dogs would want a player rather than picks. Wingard would be a good fit for them.

Dunkley is probably worth pick 6 plus a future second, maybe even more. Would Hawthorn be tempted to get involved? We could keep the picks or maybe talk to Collingwood. We could ask for Treloar and Stephenson. Maybe Phillips as well if things are as bad as they seem.

I have read that Gunston and Bruest are not leaving, but heard nothing specific about Chad. So I wonder if he is happy or looking to move again.

If Chad wanted out, and we can bring in multiple good players while keeping pick 4 and Gunston, then it would be worth a look.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
The best part is Buckley is calling these media flogs out on it! Should be way more of it!!!

He didn't really refute the claim though.. a very grey rebuttal like his issue with what Sam Edmund said wasn't entirely true; but most probably 90% true.

Then his next line doesn't dismiss Sam's claims either! He just says the rumour and innuendo is "disrespectful".

We'd be hearing a lot more from Collingwood if they were squeaky clean.

6465EE9D-C856-473E-BF4B-CCD87D41FEBF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back