2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread...now with new DFA speculation!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think because of this fact I'm happier focusing on the latter end of the draft- going after picks from 20-45 in 2021 could result in us getting players that were pick 7-20 caliber in a non-covid 2020.
All depends on what our scouts do.

If they think having three top 10 picks this year is enough to sort out our core for our rebuild, you best believe I'll be half mast all preseason for it.
This issue is how much we know about this draft. Isn't it a risky call to punt next years first rounder into this year where we have less knowledge about the crop?

From all reports, the top 5-6 are standouts and then its a blanket over the next 30.

It would be a safer bet to hold 2021 first and watch it closely

Well done, this is a really solid trade that would be really tempting to all parties.

I think we say no, but it's REALLY tempting to do a one year rebuild.
Problem with one year rebuilds is we are either sitting pretty next year, or we find ourself in a deeper hole than we already are. Climbing out would be a severe challenge.

Nothing worse than having an awful year next year and missing out on Horne, Sonsie or Rachele

Problem with one year rebuilds is we are either sitting pretty next year, or we find ourself in a deeper hole than we already are. Climbing out would be a severe challenge.

Nothing worse than having an awful year next year and missing out on Horne, Sonsie or Rachele
And I think that's why we say no, but three top ten picks this year is really tempting, right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks - pick 7, 8
Dons - Dunkley, pick 14, WBD future 2nd
WBD - Ess future first, Haw future 1st, 23, 44, 45

Which team/s says no?

Not the worst I have seen, but I would prefer to keep next year's first, even if we only get 7 OR 8.

Also, Dodo would not do it. Now he has been given a charity pick from the AFL, he thinks he is entitled to everything for free.

hopefully the gws preuss deal falls through, Would be a good get for us. Shame we took too long to join the party for preuss , by the time we threw our hat in the ring he had spoken to gws multiple times and was convinced to join them.

Out of curiousity, what us getting Treloar do to Shiels' career?
Our midfield starting lineup I would imagine would consist of JOM, Titch, Worps, Treloar- and if we're serious about rebuilding off the bench we would have either Hollands/Phillips/Brunh and potentially Finn. We would then also have Wingard and Bruest who I would imagine would rotate through.
I've always been a massive fan of Shiels- but I think with where the game is heading, the defensively minded mid who has lost some of his tackling pressure would be in a bit of trouble.
Were we to get a pick off the Doggies, does anyone believe the Suns would look for something like Shiels+pick14+future second~ for pick 5?

Out of curiousity, what us getting Treloar do to Shiels' career?
Our midfield starting lineup I would imagine would consist of JOM, Titch, Worps, Treloar- and if we're serious about rebuilding off the bench we would have either Hollands/Phillips/Brunh and potentially Finn. We would then also have Wingard and Bruest who I would imagine would rotate through.
I've always been a massive fan of Shiels- but I think with where the game is heading, the defensively minded mid who has lost some of his tackling pressure would be in a bit of trouble.
Were we to get a pick off the Doggies, does anyone believe the Suns would look for something like Shiels+pick14+future second~ for pick 5?
Hawks would easily do that trade, not sure suns would but they do need experienced veterans then more 18 year olds

Just playing devil's advocate here... Is Treloar a bandaid?

He'll improve the side x% next year, which realistically will improve our ladder position - is that a good thing?

He may cost us a few draft picks (at a minimum) - that's potentially 2 x Worpels. He's 28. He adds to a midfield of very average disposers.

If we're rebuilding our side, commit to the draft; pick the eyes out of it and replenish the list with a dozen players across two years that will develop together, mature together and form close bonds.

There's something special about raising a nucleus as youngsters, in contrast to buying the pieces of the puzzle and reforming them to Hawthorn's standards and style.

Again, just the devil's POV here.
His worth may simple be making us a more enticing option for FA players next season.
Be very nice adding a gun FA plus Sicily in 2022.
His a very good player with flaws , but makes us better.

We wont be paying much for him if it happens, Collingwood have lobbed a half volley up with how its played out .It's just whether its us that crunches it to the boundary.

If Collingwood didn’t mess up this whole Treloar situation and decrease his value then in normal circumstances based on previous trades of mids Dylan shiel etc then Treloar (significantly better) gets traded for 2 firsts. We now have the Luxury of getting him for a late 1st (21) or 2nds and late picks. No brainer.

We
If Collingwood didn’t mess up this whole Treloar situation and decrease his value then in normal circumstances based on previous trades of mids Dylan shiel etc then Treloar (significantly better) gets traded for 2 firsts. We now have the Luxury of getting him for a late 1st (21) or 2nds and late picks. No brainer.
currently have pick 24

I say no deal to that, offer a 3rd pick and take on all his contract, but instead of it being for 5 years give him all the money over 3 years!

Very long shot, but hawks to pick up Cameron in psd would be karma from the buddy and coniglio slaps.

although you’d think Adelaide and north would have the cap room, Sydney not so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back