2020 HFC Pre Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Happened to stumble across a full match sim today, pretty impressive hit out to be honest from what I saw (15 minutes or so).

Few takeaways:
-Wingard definitely a slimmer version of himself and gearing up to play a significant role in the midfield this year I would suspect
-Mitchell donned the 'blue cap' today. He has practically picked up from where he left off with no noticeable difference in the way he ran around whilst still possessing his trademark close touch. Started on the wing and did struggle at times with disposal, however, that will come
-Patton and O'Brien possess a relatively strong presence up forward. The first play of the game saw O'Meara rove beautifully to culminate in a strong mark from TOB. Patton a clear reprieve for a target up the line yet was outworked at times by Frawley under the ball
-Frostman strong behind the ball and allowed Sicily to play his typical sweeping role off half back. Lack of awareness with the ball saw him get absolutely rag-dolled by Burgoyne (who appears leaner himself)
-Pretty competitive hit out with solid contact given it's not even February.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seem to recall Hartung won one time trial then Izzie beat him in a later trial.
I don’t remember Hilly beating Smith but it wouldn’t surprise.
Yeah Hartung one the pre Christmas one once but they don't take it as seriously as the later ones.

Did Scully take part in today's 2k? I think at his peak would be equal to or better than smith.

Does Finn have the disposal chops for wing? Heard he is mainly seen as an insider but.......

A genuine contested ball winning wingman would be something else. Agree on disposal, but as good as ours have been, they haven't had a real physical presence for the most part when tested.

Sometimes I wonder where Smith's head is at. How hungry is he, coming off a fairly down season for him in 2019. I really want to see him have a career best season in 2020 where his game is more consistent.

Sometimes I wonder where Smith's head is at. How hungry is he, coming off a fairly down season for him in 2019. I really want to see him have a career best season in 2020 where his game is more consistent.

Had a baby in the last week (?) so understand if he’s not at his peak right now

Remove this Banner Ad

2020 HFC Pre Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Back