2020 Planning thread - a.k.a pre-season misplaced confidence and collective insanity

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like Ellis-Yolmen won't be there, that does great things for his midfield time. Add in Zorko playing much more half forward in Marsh 2 and publicly saying he'll play more forward- there's lots of time there for McCluggage. I sense a Taranto like year for him, without the huge ceiling. 105 feels right. Consistent, durable, upside- he's in my team. Rayner won't affect anything, plus I don't think Robertson is there in round 1.
As Cotchy pointed out, only the 4 tons last year. Huge worry. No doubt he will improve but by how much is the question. His a super effective player too so I can see some hard tags going to him this year as he gets off the chain more and more. Neale is always going to cop some attention but with Zorko playing forward it opens up Mcgluggage to a much bigger tag risk and we’re yet to see how he handles that sort of pressure

Only thing holding me back is just the 4 hundreds last year. Probably need that become 10-12 this year for him to be worth it
After questioning him this morning I looked into him deeper. 5 100s last year, only a high score of 125 though. He had 8 scores in the 90s and 3 scores below 75. Has been likened to Josh Kelly. His third season.... 6 100s top score of 125, 5 scores in the 90s, 5 scores below 75.

JK
1st season. 69.7
2nd season. 73
3rd season. 89.8
4th season. 112.9

HMc
1st season. 61.2
2nd season. 77.6
3rd season. 91.3
4th season... 105+ ?

Feedback please ? I think I'm almost set before teams are announced, if Ash gets named he comes in on my bench

Attachments

• 20200310_200429.jpg
    20200310_200429.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 20200310_200413.jpg
    20200310_200413.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 20200310_200358.jpg
    20200310_200358.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 42
Haha, I've been the same, but once I was able to get Laird in for Cerra, I looked at my team and realized it was nice and balanced across the board. Not often I feel that way at the start of a season, and I honestly don't think any of my players (bar Grundy and Whit who will lose money but will still be top in their position so it's not really a loss), will have lost cash by season's end. It's fun experimenting with hypotheticals, knowing that the team I've got keeps coming out on top/knowing I can make those moves anyway after Round 1, because of the way my team is structured. Very content :)

Yeah look I feel content with my team most of the time too. But never satisfied, which is why I probably need to go change it again.

After questioning him this morning I looked into him deeper. 5 100s last year, only a high score of 125 though. He had 8 scores in the 90s and 3 scores below 75. Has been likened to Josh Kelly. His third season.... 6 100s top score of 125, 5 scores in the 90s, 5 scores below 75.

JK
1st season. 69.7
2nd season. 73
3rd season. 89.8
4th season. 112.9

HMc
1st season. 61.2
2nd season. 77.6
3rd season. 91.3
4th season... 105+ ?
Geez there’s some similarities when you look at those numbers

Honestly, it's near impossible for me to pick Pies defenders, as it's pretty much a crapshoot. If one or two of them are out, the others will rack it up. Howe could go big one week, then Crisp another, and Moore the next. When Scharenberg came back he was taking points away too. Not to mention Langdon (who I know won't be returning anytime soon, but for arguments sake), Maynard, Phillips, Greenwood and Pendles when he plays in defence. Too much uncertainty when the Pies are healthy. When they're not, then guys like Crisp and Howe are a great choice
Don't forget noble is looking good too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Brodie or Viney?

Basically the same price and I’m having trouble splitting them.

Just made a team with Naismith R1 Cameron R2 to see what it looks like. If I had a crystal ball that said they’d put together 6-8 straight games averaging 70 odd think I’d go close with this team.

Quick check back on the cojones today and they’re still not big enough. Apples maybe but nowhere near the watermelons required.

What can Geelong fans tell me about Zuthrie ? Didn’t see him play. Does he still look 12 years old? Decent PPM in the marsh, JS?

Certainly has serious upside and looked great in Marsh

20​
82.3​
21​
90.0​
17​
82.3​
19​
69.4​

It will come down to how the Magpies defence is organised, and whether or not he has to do jobs on anyone.
How they lined up in Marsh 3

B: Crisp - Roughead - Howe
HB: Maynard - Moore - Noble

Howe might have the Crisp role when Crisp rotates into the midfield (replacing Treloar/Adams). Roughead and Moore take the 2 talls.

Well Im pretty well set on my side going into round 1, I can actually look at this side and feel reasonably confident.

Backline:
Brodie Smith, Dan Houston, Sam Docherty, Dylan Roberton, Issac Cumming, Lachlan Ash (Jarrod Brander, Tobe Watson)

Midifled:
Jack Macrae, Josh Dunkley, Zach Merrett, Stephen Coniglio, Tom Mitchell, Matt Rowell, Noah Anderson, Marlion Pickett (Brandon Starcevich, Ned McHenry)

Rucks:
Brodie Grundy, Sam Naismith (Darcy Cameron)

Forwards:
Lachie Whitfield, Jack Steven, Andrew Brayshaw, Bailey Smith, Lachie Schultz, Curtis Taylor (Sam Sturt, Max King)

Utility: Connor Budarick

Bye round structure (Not that it worries me at this point):
12: 7
13: 9
14: 14

Keepers:
Brodie Smith
Dan Houston
Sam Docherty
Jack Macrae
Josh Dunkley
Zach Merrett
Stephen Coniglio
Tom Mitchell
Brodie Grundy
Lachie Whitfield
Jack Steven

(11)

50/50:
Dylan Roberton
Andrew Brayshaw
Bailey Smith

(3)

Cumming interests me. I see a lot of people choosing him at the moment but the only games he played last year he looked well out of his depth. No idea what the go is with Williams but surely he slots back into that backline. If that’s the case what happens to Cummings? Also saw Perryman playing HBF stints in marsh 2. Wonder how much space there is for all of them when fit
Also Richmond give up a heap to HB type and Sydney played terrible!!

I;m not touching him, reckon he'll avg 60 at best

It will come down to how the Magpies defence is organised, and whether or not he has to do jobs on anyone.

Howe might have the Crisp role when Crisp rotates into the midfield (replacing Treloar/Adams). Roughead and Moore take the 2 talls.
Think madgen frees up Howe to play loose. Watch and see if he’s named

That's my thinking. Someone on the supercoach board analysed it all a lot better than us and puts his inflated scores down to playing alongside Moore more often as he takes the shut down roles. Dicey relying on Moore to stay injury free but he has been better of late

Well Im pretty well set on my side going into round 1, I can actually look at this side and feel reasonably confident.

Backline:
Brodie Smith, Dan Houston, Sam Docherty, Dylan Roberton, Issac Cumming, Lachlan Ash (Jarrod Brander, Tobe Watson)

Midifled:
Jack Macrae, Josh Dunkley, Zach Merrett, Stephen Coniglio, Tom Mitchell, Matt Rowell, Noah Anderson, Marlion Pickett (Brandon Starcevich, Ned McHenry)

Rucks:
Brodie Grundy, Sam Naismith (Darcy Cameron)

Forwards:
Lachie Whitfield, Jack Steven, Andrew Brayshaw, Bailey Smith, Lachie Schultz, Curtis Taylor (Sam Sturt, Max King)

Utility: Connor Budarick

Bye round structure (Not that it worries me at this point):
12: 7
13: 9
14: 14

Keepers:
Brodie Smith
Dan Houston
Sam Docherty
Jack Macrae
Josh Dunkley
Zach Merrett
Stephen Coniglio
Tom Mitchell
Brodie Grundy
Lachie Whitfield
Jack Steven

(11)

50/50:
Dylan Roberton
Andrew Brayshaw
Bailey Smith

(3)
Really rate your side mate. Very similar to mine actually. Only changes are I have Oliver for Dunkley which allowed me to get a 170k up to Tom Green. I don’t think McHenry will play round 1 so you may need to look elsewhere there

Really rate your side mate. Very similar to mine actually. Only changes are I have Oliver for Dunkley which allowed me to get a 170k up to Tom Green. I don’t think McHenry will play round 1 so you may need to look elsewhere there
Thanks mate! If a couple of the 220k mids get named I might even drop Zerrett down to a Worpel/McCluggage/Walsh/Viney type and spend up on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back