Teams 2020 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-Season Team Version 0.8 - Post Marsh Series.

Team A:

View attachment 836568

OR

Team B:

View attachment 836573

Lose brayshaw has a slight injury now. Will prob be fine for rnd 1 but why risk it for the start of the year.

Otherwise both options seem good but id prob go with a version that has steven up forward instead of brayshaw. Though steven isnt without risk either.

So you think starc and robertson will play many games this year?

Bye Rounds
In these rounds every user will receive 1 extra trade for a total of 3 trades for the round. During these bye rounds you select your starting Team of 22 as normal, but only your best 18 Players will score. Players outside the top 18 scoring players will not have their scores included in the total score.

Do these rule apply for the new Port/Saints bye round too? Any way to find out?

View attachment 836736
View attachment 836737
Any feedback would be appreciated. I’ve gone mid-price mad and really splashed out on expensive rookies
3 defenders with the stand alone round 11 bye is risky. you can cover it with rookies and DP swing but the chance of things turning ugly are high.
otherwise it looks ok provided enough rookies show up but everyone is in the same boat.

A bit of rationale for some selections.

Defence
  • Laird: durability and high floor
  • Houston: DPP
  • Crisp: durability
  • Reason for not selecting some players: Sicily (durability/suspensions), Ryan (missed last preseason game), Cumming/Noble (can't see them making enough money, hopefully Doedee can come in as a d5/6 a few rounds in)
Midfield
  • Dunkley: lack of tag, durability and early draw
  • McCluggage: durability, need for value, upside
  • Steven: value despite huge injury risk, I've put a mid in here as I think fallen promos will present more mid value than is currently available
  • Players still considering: Cripps (really want to get him back in once rookies are known, beast), Walsh (durability, value, the assumption that a lower average is needed for m8 this year), Gaff (durability, bye), Merrett (value, durability, bye)
  • Players rules out: Coniglio/Fyfe/Mitchell (durability),

Rucks
  • haven't completed ruled out Naismith. My gut tells me its a bad call though.
  • Xerri: I'm not sure what I'll do if he gets picked.

Forwards
  • Martin: durability, value
  • Parish: should have small upside, r12 bye
  • Brayshaw: durability, should have small upside
  • Smith: value, r12 bye
  • Players still considering: Petracca (durability, should have small upside)
  • Players ruled out: Whitfield (durability, need for cash elsewhere), Shultz (can't see him making enough money), Dawson (uncertainty of role), Greenwood (not confident he can average high enough)

gr.jpg
(only $10,200 left over)

3 defenders with the stand alone round 11 bye is risky. you can cover it with rookies and DP swing but the chance of things turning ugly are high.
otherwise it looks ok provided enough rookies show up but everyone is in the same boat.
Cheers for the feedback. How many players play in a bye round?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You will need a full team on ground in round 11.
Round 11 isn’t a bye. Also, isn’t there some concessions for bye rounds?

Or is this a joke that’s gone over my head?

Round 11 isn’t a bye. Also, isn’t there some concessions for bye rounds?

Or is this a joke that’s gone over my head?

No joke.

Round 11 is stand alone bye for port and saints .

You need a full team on ground.

Best 18 players on ground for multi bye weeks.

Would like to get some thoughts on this team.

Based on the Marsh series, the best scoring rookies seem to be in the midfield. IF T.Greene cops a gig I reckon he should be 65+ average imo. Also highly rate Tyler brown from what I have seen, should cop a gig round 1

Noble (if picked) seems like a jet - although he is a bit average in terms of defensive work

Still not sold on Devon but no one else around that price range unfrotunately
If sole ruck, Ceglar should average 90+ you'd think...

1583805007960.png

just shows how average this years draft is compared to last year. Depth quality is crap

2018 was just stupidly good.

Reckon we might see a few of 2019 boys a bit later as not many teams are looking at a year of development right now, once finals is out the question for a few there’s enough quality to get a go.

Would like to get some thoughts on this team.

Based on the Marsh series, the best scoring rookies seem to be in the midfield. IF T.Greene cops a gig I reckon he should be 65+ average imo. Also highly rate Tyler brown from what I have seen, should cop a gig round 1

Noble (if picked) seems like a jet - although he is a bit average in terms of defensive work

Still not sold on Devon but no one else around that price range unfrotunately
If sole ruck, Ceglar should average 90+ you'd think...

View attachment 836805
I'd be shocked if Brown plays round 1

I'd be shocked if Brown plays round 1
You reckon? From what I've seen he looks pretty good, and pendles was giving him big wraps a few weeks ago

But yea if those mid rooks don't get picked, will need to drop someone forward and get a oliver/yeo/danger

You reckon? From what I've seen he looks pretty good, and pendles was giving him big wraps a few weeks ago

But yea if those mid rooks don't get picked, will need to drop someone forward and get a oliver/yeo/danger
Great prospect and will get games this year, i just don't see it being in round 1.

1583806327741.png
Roast me ya filthy kents.

But seriously, lack of rookies means an extra one or two mid pricers then I would've liked. Rookies are all expensive ones. Naismith at R3 purely for cash generation. Yeo as a little bit of a POD. I think Kelly coming in would benefit him a lot.

Lose brayshaw has a slight injury now. Will prob be fine for rnd 1 but why risk it for the start of the year.

Otherwise both options seem good but id prob go with a version that has steven up forward instead of brayshaw. Though steven isnt without risk either.

So you think starc and robertson will play many games this year?
Dunno at this point, I've been too lazy to research so far :(

20200310_123308.jpg

Pretty settled for now, think I've prepared for the number of rookies we'll actually receive, if luko fails will be an easy move to hill or doedee once ready or a missed rookie.

Always take a R/F, Ceglar this year, once you bat to F7 can effectively cover all lines bar defense via dpp. Luggage :hearteyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back