List Mgmt. 2020 Trade/FA TARGETS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade hypotheticals and discussion of how you think or want a trade to happen go here - 2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread.

If you want to talk about a current Hawthorn player and if they’re staying on the list, it goes here - Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Trade/FA targets thread is for discussion of News about players we are to target via trade of FA. It’s not for “Kane Cornes says we should get this player”.

Treloar would be a better player under Clarko and our systems

And do people really think the Hawks would be considering Carlisle without due diligence in place. If his back is stuffed he won't get past the front door.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I just don't se what Treloar has that we don't already have in Mitchell, Worpel and JOM. Would just be a fourth set of hands at the bottom of the pack or hacking it forward with no real strategy or thought behind it. At 181cm he's actually shorter than JOM and Worpel so I'm not sure where these different size comments are coming from.

I just don't se what Treloar has that we don't already have in Mitchell, Worpel and JOM. Would just be a fourth set of hands at the bottom of the pack or hacking it forward with no real strategy or thought behind it. At 181cm he's actually shorter than JOM and Worpel so I'm not sure where these different size comments are coming from.

If JOM didn't have his knee history we absolutely wouldn't need Treloar because we would already have that 'burst away from a contest' midfielder.

1:07. Treloar to Phillips back to Treloar on the burst. Let's dream.

If JOM didn't have his knee history we absolutely wouldn't need Treloar because we would already have that 'burst away from a contest' midfielder.

We're dreaming of having to run sideways to avoid key defenders running you down and grubber kicks forward? Don't think we have the same dreams my dude. That was awful.

We're dreaming of having to run sideways to avoid key defenders running you down and grubber kicks forward? Don't think we have the same dreams my dude. That was awful.

Sicily is one of the quickest blokes in our side once he gets going. Which other mid do we have that can take 3 bounces through the middle of the G? It should be O'Meara but it doesn't happen anywhere near enough.

2016. Was in his prime then. Unsure his body can still hold up to deliver that.

Sicily is one of the quickest blokes in our side once he gets going. Which other mid do we have that can take 3 bounces through the middle of the G? It should be O'Meara but it doesn't happen anywhere near enough.

This has been my point all along. JOM can't because he's being asked/ forced to get clearances because for whatever reason, Mitchell and Worpel couldn't do their job in 2020. Ideally they feed it to JOM who forms the link between the clearance and the inside 50 delivery. At the moment he's getting the clearance, having to fend off three players and failing.

This has been my point all along. JOM can't because he's being asked/ forced to get clearances because for whatever reason, Mitchell and Worpel couldn't do their job in 2020. Ideally they feed it to JOM who forms the link between the clearance and the inside 50 delivery. At the moment he's getting the clearance, having to fend off three players and failing.
Have we seen this burst speed from JOM at all since he joined us though? I'm not sure I have..

Might be a Chris Judd situation where he has lost that elite burst and is better as a power player in the clinches, albeit one me who can occasionally burst out of a pack. I'm not sold on the Worpel/Titch combo at all (both slow and Titch seemed to have lost any power/explosiveness) and would prefer to have JOM in there. Would also like to see him rotating through half forward as he has good hands and goal sense and can stick a tackle..

Have we seen this burst speed from JOM at all since he joined us though? I'm not sure I have..

Might be a Chris Judd situation where he has lost that elite burst and is better as a power player in the clinches, albeit one me who can occasionally burst out of a pack. I'm not sold on the Worpel/Titch combo at all (both slow and Titch seemed to have lost any power/explosiveness) and would prefer to have JOM in there. Would also like to see him rotating through half forward as he has good hands and goal sense and can stick a tackle..

36 second mark. Ran well in excess of 100m to make that goal happen too, I can't find the longer version.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

36 second mark. Ran well in excess of 100m to make that goal happen too, I can't find the longer version.

Remember it well, started ten metres behind after a huge kick (Sic I believe) on a wet day - amazing running power running, although overtaking Jordan Lewis is no great feat..

My question is around his burst speed from 0 - 20 - I haven't seen too much of it. Treloar does it consistently.

a lot of people clearly haven’t watched a lot of Treloar and are using his reputation one to shit on him.

Is a very good player, his foot skills stop him from being elite but that is it.
He is quick as well, loves to burst from stoppages as well. He is a P.O.D. for our midfield.

I would be for Treloar based on us hitting FA hard next season.

Think our midfield becomes an enticing selling point for any player available.

Collingwood get their salary dump , we get a very good player , deeper midfield and a better 'sell' at a good price for us .

Could be a move that is beneficial beyond gaining the player.

Notice how many times the kick gets edited because it misses the target

Keen on Treloar as long as Clarko moves on from the precise kicking and possess the footy gameplan..
He isn’t that player..

Yeah, if we change to the tigers chaos style game plan, then precision kicking won’t be an overly huge requirement.

No he doesn't. Our game plan single handedly hands it on a platter to him.

Should we move the ball quick? No, hold, Hold, HOLD, wait, Wait, WAIT, you can kick it now Gawn has gotten into the hole.
Our gameplans been shithouse for years, but he’s the only ruckman I can remember that dominates us. Him and Petracca made us look silly this year

Last edited:
Not really keen on treloar unless we get him for practically free - ie a 3rd rounder. Just creates a further logjam of highly paid one dimensional 27 yr old mids who can’t kick and crowds out players like Finn (or any mids we draft). Not even sure how midfield combo work even work. Yes he has burst pace but a query on hammies - and we enough players with injury concerns on our list.

Yes he’s a good player but is he what we need given our list issues? Not really. I’d rather try to find the next Noah balta or brad hill with our 2 nd pick (noting that we may need to bring it forward a few spots).

Not really keen on treloar unless we get him for practically free - ie a 3rd rounder. Just creates a further logjam of highly paid one dimensional 27 yr old mids who can’t kick and crowds out players like Finn (or any mids we draft). Not even sure how midfield combo work even work. Yes he has burst pace but a query on hammies - and we enough players with injury concerns on our list.

Yes he’s a good player but is he what we need given our list issues? Not really. I’d rather try to find the next Noah balta or brad hill with our 2 nd pick (noting that we may need to bring it forward a few spots).
i agree with what you’ve said but it’s hard to believe that we have a logjam of midfielders when our midfield has been a major issue for us.

Maybe it comes from us overrating our own midfielders when there is actual evidence of us being very poor in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back