List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Current no. of players on the list
Senior list - 34 (2-4 free*)
Rookie (Cat A) - 4 (0-2 free*)
Rookie (Cat B) - 2 (0 free)
Maximum list size of 44. Up to 36-38 senior list, 4-6 category A rookie list and 2 category B rookie list.
* Total of four list spots available, with a minimum of 2 senior list spots needing to be utilised.

List changes
IN: Daniher, Cockatoo, Uosis (R)
OUT: Christensen, Wooller, Allison (R), Skinner (R), Eagles (R), C. Lyons (R), Martin, Witherden, Cox, Hinge.
PROMOTED: Fullarton.
ROOKIED: Birchall, Mathieson, Ballendan.

Current picks
25, 53, 58, 69, 70
(2021 - 1st (MEL), 1st, 3rd (WCE), 3rd, 4th (MEL), 4th (COLL), 5th)

Useful links
2020 trade news compendium
List changes, contract status and key dates
2020 draft discussion thread

Last edited:
Tell him he's dreamin'.

Yep...But this is Dodoro..

According to a report in The Age, Essendon’s initial asking price for the 26-year-old, who requested a trade to the Blues last week, involved one of star trio Charlie Curnow, Harry McKay or Sam Walsh.

Once that was dismissed, the Bombers then asked for Carlton’s first pick along with promising youngster Tom De Koning

I dont see why anyone would trade us an first round pick for two late firsts.

Scenario A: there are 8 really good top level kids and then the rest are a tier below. Why would anyone trade out their top 8 pick?
Secnario B: there are 3 really topline kids and then 4-20 are all a tier below. Why would we want to trade two picks for one in that scenario?

I think the most likely scenario is we figure out whether to trade future second vs third vs fourth for Cockatoo. We take the two picks + upgrade Fullerton in the draft. We hope Coleman slips to the rookie list.

On draft night there would be a lot more variability in teams ranking players in that mid first to early second round given we haven't had the time to see late bloomers bolt up the draft as we usually do. I think if the club sees someone they rate in the top 10 still on the board around our pick we will look to upgrade. Otherwise two bites of the late cherry.
Scenario xyz;
Taking out all the nga tied kids, I’d say there’s 10 to 15 kids in the 5 to 20 range that might be similar on talent.

Two teams in that range might face a bid on an academy, and probably want to trade back for extra picks and points.

I’m positive they are. noway the can legit have their list plus trade ins.

All the toys are now thrown Out of the bath water, with Giants matching Cats offer, this now changes Cats draft hand dramatically

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Firmly in rumour file but heard that Treloar is willing to take a pretty decent pay cut to come to us, he is pretty keen, and it's still a possibility tho Suns more likely.

So maybe this is what happens at Geelong?

I read the about them being great money managers but all clubs have sponsors helping club players families. Jarrod berry’s brother got a job with one of our sponsors (roar deal podcast from his own mouth). Might not be inflated salary, but enabled him to move here with a job waiting for him.

According to SEN, GWS have informed Geelong they'll be matching the FA bid. I'm glad the Daniher move was done smoothly.

On the plus side, it means our first round picks won't get moved back. Just the Crouch one to come I guess.

Must have been an ordinary offer not to trigger band 1. Cats about to lose some choice draft picks

Must have been an ordinary offer not to trigger band 1. Cats about to lose some choice draft picks
It may have triggered Band 1.
But GWS want a player/s not just 1 pick.

Last edited:
But GWS want a player/s not just a 1 pick.
Trouble for them is no genuinely decent players seem to want to go there. It's all one way traffic.

But GWS want a player/s not just a 1 pick.

Yep, Was listening to Silvagni, Friday on Trade radio, he was urging GWS to match the offer

I’m pretty sure whatever way, they’d be able to fit him in their total player payments and get a better deal out of it. as compensation would only give them pick 12..

The Giants are reportedly eyeing two first round draft picks as well as a Cats player in exchange for Cameron.

The Cats currently hold three first round picks (11, 13 and 18) thanks to West Coast’s deal for Tim Kelly last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m positive they are. noway the can legit have their list plus trade ins.

Ablett’s gone, Taylor’s gone they’re taking about Menegola out as well. Hawkins on recently resigned and that would have been much less money given stage of his career.

According to SEN, GWS have informed Geelong they'll be matching the FA bid. I'm glad the Daniher move was done smoothly.

On the plus side, it means our first round picks won't get moved back. Just the Crouch one to come I guess.

Crouch won’t be band 1. Crows will have to match and trade.

Unless there’s dodgey stuff going on there. E.g. Crows up offer to confirm band 1, then they agree a side trade Duncan to the Crows for fourth rounder effectively a salary dump.

Crouch won’t be band 1. Crows will have to match and trade.

Unless there’s dodgey stuff going on there. E.g. Crows up offer to confirm band 1, then they agree a side trade Duncan to the Crows for fourth rounder effectively a salary dump.

Can't see the Blues offering enough to jag the Bombers a band 1 for Saad either.

Saad’s not a free agent Jason...

DOH!

8b9d64dd7a997f9c55116b167429a478.gif

The only reason the Daniher deal went smoothly was because we gave Essendon/Dodo what he wanted.

Cameron leaving GWS & going to Geelong is a very different challenge in many ways & I dont blame GWS for wanting to either keep Cameron or get a fair price from Geelong should they find a way through.

The only reason the Daniher deal went smoothly was because we gave Essendon/Dodo what he wanted.

Cameron leaving GWS & going to Geelong is a very different challenge in many ways & I dont blame GWS for wanting to either keep Cameron or get a fair price from Geelong should they find a way through.
Did we? Show me a 3 year contract that netted a first round compensation.

It triggered band 1. But GWS could realistically get Geelong’s first two picks, 13 and 15, when the compo pick would have been pick 11.

It triggered band 1. But GWS could realistically get Geelong’s first two picks, 13 and 15, when the compo pick would have been pick 11.

Yep, it's 14, 16, 20 for Geelong. If Crouch deal gets pick 2 for Adelaide it'll become 15, 17, 21.

I'm quite annoyed about our picks as well. Moved to 18,19 and sliding away slowly. Sigh.

Yep, it's 14, 16, 20 for Geelong. If Crouch deal gets pick 2 for Adelaide it'll become 15, 17, 21.

I'm quite annoyed about our picks as well. Moved to 18,19 and sliding away slowly. Sigh.
Honestly, this is the one year I don’t mind.

If it was me, and the mids and flankers I like are gone by our first pick, then I’d just reach for one of the rucks.

Why would you worry about kids now that aren’t gonna get a game for 4 or 5 years we are stacked with kids . Coleman , and Coleman junior , smiths, Robertson , witherdon and answorth etc . I really am excited about yelling cockatoo next year aswell . We have waited years to be in this position we are getting stronger each year enjoy the ride . We were good enough to beat tigers this year when it mattered another year of player development and improvement and we are once again right at the pointy end .

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back