Player Watch 2021 AFL National Draft - NOT FOR TRADE DISCUSSION

What should we do withs Pick 5, 21 and 24?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s stick with a basic rule for this thread, that it’s for draft watch and discussion only.

It’s not for trade hypotheticals, who you think needs to be delisted or traded, how many games you think we will win, some other team will win, how many picks you want in the 1st round or discussion of current HFC players.

It’s about youngsters who are eligible for the draft in 2021.

Key dates to look out for:
  • NAB AFL Draft Combine: TBC
  • NAB AFL Draft: Wednesday November 24 - Thursday November 25
  • NAB AFL Pre-season and Rookie Drafts: Friday November 26

Last edited:
I've noticed there's a bloke in the comments of these posts on Twitter called Teflon Snake, had a few comments on how sh*t Hawthorn are and his profile picture is Ben Cunnington. What are the odds he's BigFooty's very own Snake Baker?
It is 100% that flog.

Banned from most boards on Bigfooty.

Agree. His kicking technique doesn't look right from what I've seen. Ward, on the other hand, looks clinical.
Really? Ward seems to get under the ball and pop them up which will really be exposed at afl level. Seems more a neat kick than an elite penetrating kick from what I’ve seen.

Mercuri was one of the smartest, most skilful and lethal forward/mids I have seen play.
He was so hard to defend. If we think Rochelle could be as good, we should take him with our first pick.

100%
Hated the guy because of his colours, but insanely effective at getting the ball across half-forward and delivering it inside 50.
Brett Heady was another I used to dread watching (weird biceps and all). So hard to stop pushing up the ground and alarm bells ringing every time he got it.
Rachele is definitely the Mercuri type, and I want him.

There are certainly sufficient midfielders around, some of them may last till our second rate picks. How does Z Taylor stack up with Ward, you still have taller type in Knevitt and Goater who are both taller, latter meant to have played well along side Ward.
I certainly would be happy with Knevitt and/or Goater with picks 21 & 24.

Really? Ward seems to get under the ball and pop them up which will really be exposed at afl level. Seems more a neat kick than an elite penetrating kick from what I’ve seen.

I noticed this too, though it didn't seem to be 100 percent of the time.

Ward hits targets though, those feet of his are lethal.

I did have a similar thought about that translating to AFL level with the extra pace, but then a few have had odd ball drops and done OK. I guess no-one will know till he starts playing.

I bet he could tweak it though if it became an issue. The highly skilled mids can likely all improve as much as they want to if they put the yards in.

Mercuri was one of the smartest, most skilful and lethal forward/mids I have seen play.
He was so hard to defend. If we think Rochelle could be as good, we should take him with our first pick.

The only thing more amazing than his talent was his demise as a player. Just couldn't get near it, or do anything in his last season from memory.

It was like watching a completely different guy.

He was amazing at his peak though, no doubt. Rachele doesn't have Mecuri like dancing feet, but if plays like MM, Didak or Nick Davis who hit the score board every week, it likely doesn't matter too much.

I fee like we need a mid more than him though, omeone with serious toe and slick movement in the contest.

Erasmus wont go at 5 far too high.

I beg to differ if a team is looking for something else in a midfielder besides accumulation. He has a bit of height and X factor, exactly what's missing from our team. Chris Doerre has him going at 6 so 5 certainly isn't a stretch. Plus he's younger than nearly all the others in the draft as well.

1633414310619.png

I beg to differ if a team is looking for something else in a midfielder besides accumulation. He has a bit of height and X factor, exactly what's missing from our team. Chris Doerre has him going at 6 so 5 certainly isn't a stretch. Plus he's younger than nearly all the others in the draft as well.

View attachment 1253402

Is this the same Chris Doerre that likened Jason Horne-Francis to the next Hugh Greenwood?

Massive grain of salt with his opinions.

View attachment 1253402
Has him going at pick 12 in the latest and I wouldn't put too much weight in his opinion. He has Hobbs going at pick 19 which is insanity

The only thing more amazing than his talent was his demise as a player. Just couldn't get near it, or do anything in his last season from memory.

It was like watching a completely different guy.

He was amazing at his peak though, no doubt. Rachele doesn't have Mecuri like dancing feet, but if plays like MM, Didak or Nick Davis who hit the score board every week, it likely doesn't matter too much.

I fee like we need a mid more than him though, omeone with serious toe and slick movement in the contest.
Re - mercuri , towards the end of his career he did lose desire to play footy, especially after the tragic events of his brother, just couldn't recover from that. But yeah, one of the best hf's I've seen play the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone in the mood for some more Doof Doof. This time to Jesse Motlop highlights.

I'm not sure if I'm more impressed by the Motlop highlights or your use of the Techno Viking meme....that synced perfectly with the tunes.

I would be happy if we took Motlop.

I'm not sure if I'm more impressed by the Motlop highlights or your use of the Techno Viking meme....that synced perfectly with the tunes.

I would be happy if we took Motlop.
Dumb luck but I'll take it

Last edited:
Just read Chris Doere's Rankings for October, i feel sick

Someone gets paid to do this

He compared Horne-Francis to Toby Greene now

How does he change from Hugh Greenwood to Toby Greene

Just read Chris Doere's Rankings for October, i feel sick

Someone gets paid to do this

He compared Horne-Francis to Toby Greene now

How does he change from Hugh Greenwood to Toby Greene
I actually see Luke Hodge in the way JHF plays more than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back