Melbourne17, 37, 49, 57, 94
North Melbourne1, 20, 42, 47, 72, 77
Port Adelaide12, 63, 73, 74, 92
Richmond7, 15, 26, 27, 28, 83
St Kilda9, 55, 62, 66, 67, 85
Sydney16, 31, 39, 70, 88
West Coast10, 29, 35, 68, 86
Western Bulldogs23, 43, 44, 45, 52, 93

If we managed to jag Callaghan and Ward (ward doesnt make it to pick 14 in any world) we would have our midfield set for the next 10 years.

This is pure fantasy and completely jizz worthy

I don’t post much on this thread cause I knuw SFA about the draft but I think this post is sublime . Well played !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well our 2nd rounder next year is most likely #30+ and you want the club to be attracted to the deal to do the deal , If I was Brisbane i wouldnt be wanting a pick thats 2 picks after the club that wants the trade with me . Take it or leave scenario

I wouldnt mind trading out Richmond F2 as we would already have a 1st & Norf's 2nd so 2 picks inside 20-22
We also have 3-4 Rookie listed players that would need upgrade to senior list in 2022 and wont have more than 4-5 list spots imo

A pick 28 is a pick 28 irregardless of what precedes it. Of course Brisbane would prefer pick 26, what club wouldn't, just don't accept that it should be the automatic default offer just because we have two picks after it.

Also as to the value of our second rounder next year, well I would replace 'most likely' with a maybe. Us rebounding next year is far from a certainty coming off finishing 12th. This isn't 2019 where we could be pretty certain we'd have a top 8 let alone top 4 finish. Just saying any club death riding us would have reasonable cause for optimism that they might get a good return in 2022.

And personally I love a death ride, but not when other clubs are death riding us. If we do any trades on the draft nights I hope we trade into 2022 and not out of it.

I am not defending racial stereotyping.

I regard such comments as slander.

What I am writing about is comments that appear to be pre-determined as racial stereotyping based on certain perceptions of reality.

I have not been collating anything, how ignorant can one be to suggest I would be stupid enough to do so?

I think a lot of people, I think, are getting tied of some posters gaslighting efforts creating more trouble than what they are worth even if they may argue their intent is well meaning
Still waiting on seeing the historical posts of mine you’ve mentioned… haven’t received a PM and haven’t seen you post them here. So do I take this as you “creating trouble” like you say? I find this very slanderous and your accusations quite serious.

I'd be more inclined to play the numbers game and stick with our current picks. Particularly given that fully proven AFL mids are going for 2 firsts, it seems somewhat ridiculous that we'd trade that currency to move up to select a player that is no guarantee whatsoever to be better than the bloke we draft at 7. If we're going that route, we would have been better off going for Cerra (which I do not advocate for either).

Think we have a great opportunity to get 3-5 really solid contributors that will bring our baseline of talent up and stand us in really good stead to remain competitive now and hopefully avoid a Hawks style cliff edge in a few seasons. I wouldn't want to squander that opportunity.

Yes Lee our picks, a lot of excitement to see who we land

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Still waiting on seeing the historical posts of mine you’ve mentioned… haven’t received a PM and haven’t seen you post them here. So do I take this as you “creating trouble” like you say? I find this very slanderous and your accusations quite serious.

Get a lawyer, I never mentioned anyone.

For all I know some could be posters from other clubs stirring trouble

I will not seek a lawyer because I am sure any legal action will not be worth the trouble

I have put you on ignore now.

Take that as notice to go your separate way from my online activity. Failure to do this will be treated as abuse and harassment on your part towards me.

By the way, I was never your pal in terms of the accuracy of your perception and communication

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know what? I'm gonna quote my own post to get things back on topic. I'd actually be happy with the above.

Give 7, 15, 26, 27 & 2022 2nd
Get 2, 14, 55 & GWS 3rd Round

#2 - Callaghan
#14 - Ward
#28 - Howes
#55 - Pass
DFA - Schlensog

Keep a spot open and invite a few guys down to train with us like Freeman etc. We get 2 of the best Midfield prospects of this year. I understand that it's giving alot but we would obviously rate these 2 above the rest so are willing to trade up.

Still have our 1st, Norfs 2nd and GWS 3rd for next year.
3 second rounders to move up essentially 5 spots? I’m not doing that deal in an even draft

Just pick Mac Andrew at 7 and play him on a wing until he builds some mass.

Or Alternatively if he kills it on a wing keep him slim so he can keep running all day.

200cm running, jumping freak on wing would be nice. With that height he would out Mark anyone out there.

We have been crying for a wingman for some time now.

Or Alternatively if he kills it on a wing keep him slim so he can keep running all day.

200cm running, jumping freak on wing would be nice. With that height he would out Mark anyone out there.

Andrew doesn't have the endurance to play wing straight up. He'd need to build a tank first. He's very much a project player in any position.

People always say best available yet would overlook Andrews due to 28 year old bank. Soldo off a knee And Ryan? ...
Best available also has to take in the needs of the club, drafting a player who may have an impact in 4-5 years vs 1-2 years.

AFL should change to a full blown points based trading and draft auction system, imagine how much more exciting that would be come draft night.
I am looking forward for the first 10 draft picks to be done over 10 days.

Hopefully they can stretch the draft over 3 weeks, oh what bliss....

I do think Adelaide are a chance of snaping him up if they don't trade their pick, especially with Talia gone. Butts, McAsey and Murray are their main 3.

Hawthorn could look at him as a future partner with DGB given McEvoy and Hartigan are getting on.

Freo likely to take Erasmus.

So the chances of Gibcus being there at 9 is pretty likely at this stage. If we could get both Gibcus AND Amiss/Van Rooyen with our first 2 picks, I'd call that a win. Otherwise give me Gibcus and Rachele.

If we don't take Gibcus at 9, I highly expect Freo or St Kilda to snap him up at one of the next 2 picks after ours.
Can not see Fremantle taking Gibcus at all. They were without Hamling 28yo and Pearce 26 for most of the year and Logue 23 missed 10 games and Brennan 23 missed 6 games.
This somehow has equated to them having no key defenders. They will not be taking a key defender with their first two picks. Its at at pick 19 i could see them take one probably Bazzo.

Imo with just Taberner and 19 year Treacy on their LIST as genuine KPF'S along with ruck/fwd Lobb then my money is on them taking Amiss at 8 and the best remaining mid ito at 10. They won't risk Amiss going to us and they like every club would be looking at other clubs list needs in an attempt to work out who might be after who and we sure as hell need some Key Forwards so i dont think they will risk us taking Amiss at 9.

StKilda well imo they are a bit like Fremantle Josh Battle And Dougal Howard as kpp's and Wilkie third tall with a couple who have games behind them and developing.

Its the forwards they have a problem with Just Max King and the 188cm Membrey who is not a key forward imo along with a couple of youngsters and Mason Wood.

At this stage with what is pick 11 StKilda may take Gibcus simply bbecause they think he is the best available but imo they have far more pressing needs than taking a KPD.

If Mac Andrew is available at our pick it probably means that Ward, Callaghan and Hobbs have all gone. I would be looking at who wants him and how badly. I would look to get in a first rounder next year as well as still getting a lower 1st this year. So for GWS I would look at getting 13 plus a 1st next year minimum depending on who we are targetting and how we see the remainder of the 1st round panning out. Probably wouldn't drop any further down that the GWS pick though.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 draft pool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back