List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
let alone the front page news every time he posted on social media about a new smoking apparatus he acquired (which I'm betting most people are finding out about for the first time when they read this, go figure),

WRioli actually did that? Wow. First I've read about it.

(You owe me Taylor)

Didn't know for real though.

(Still owe me)

I think it also needs to be pointed out that the Eagles (who were used as a point of reference and as an exemplar of list management) also have only 20 players originally from WA on their list of 44.....
That’s not true. Not sure how you calculated that?
I just looked at the west coast list and I counted 27 out of 44 that are from Western Australia.
Not just that either. All of their perceived A-graders apart from Hurn, Shuey and Gaff are from WA, whereas a majority of our elite talent is not from WA.
Again not saying either is right or wrong but we are not the same as them I don’t think.

Your list was a crock of sh*t

You had us with a pick 3 moving down to a pick 15* without the 2 or 3 extra picks included

* for example

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
The claims are that we should have picked up Naughton or Allen instead of Cerra, not that we could have somehow secured the trade to facilitate selection of all of them.

The fantasy takes on a whole new spin when the picks we have can be massaged to suit the circumstances and if the players are good enough to pass on the player we have, why does it matter? We are directly comparing Cerra to Naughton aren't we? Cerra to Allen?

Cripps.

Start of the year I was against it.

Now I'm open to it.

With our backline and adding Cripps to the midfield, Tabs and Treacy will be kicking bags each week.

The claims are that we should have picked up Naughton or Allen instead of Cerra, not that we could have somehow secured the trade to facilitate selection of all of them.

The fantasy takes on a whole new spin when the picks we have can be massaged to suit the circumstances and if the players are good enough to pass on the player we have, why does it matter? We are directly comparing Cerra to Naughton aren't we? Cerra to Allen?

Riiiiiight so the ‘ buy WA ‘ crews list looked crap so long as you don’t move picks fwd or get any extra picks for dropping down and totally forget about balancing your list

Anyway it’s done , I was happy to get some WA lads last year

Hope we go again this year ….. might show we’ve wised up a bit

Riiiiiight so the ‘ buy WA ‘ crews list looked crap so long as you don’t move picks fwd or get any extra picks for dropping down and totally forget about balancing your list
The "buy WA" list looked shocking because the WA players after the next available pick were mostly those we would say aren't making our side better.

Anyway it’s done , I was happy to get some WA lads last year

Hope we go again this year ….. might show we’ve wised up a bit

An interesting approach that, sort of a moneyball-type rationale, but places the additional value on where the player has come from.

You don't get many people trading out of the top five though, especially if there's that clear difference between them and everyone else. You'd need to have some luck to be able to get in front of the value for doing that and the picks you want...and then you may still be forced to go a little higher than you think the players worth to secure (or even miss out, despite trading down). So you leak value left, right and centre. Also who's to say moving out of your home state might help some players develop with a bit more stimulation/discomfort.

Darling was a shocker no doubt but gee I’d love to have seen what Pitt could have been. Just about never seen a player who could pin it off either leg off a single step or around his body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He could have been a Sam Mitchell type player for us.

Being able to tonk it 50m off either peg is the shit that break lines

...and what does that mean for Lloyd Meek?

Jackson is a Lobb for us, playing both when Taberner is injured. Meek is currently third choice for ruck, he will be fourth choice.

There's picks coming in for a Jackson trade is what I'm saying.

Wait what? You think we would get pick as well as Luke Jackson? Or we would need to give extra picks in order to get him?

Hypothetically for the staunchly no trading for players team, if Cerra chose to go and we could turn him into Luke Jackson, would you prefer Jackson or picks
Interesting.

For what we could get for Cerra should he leave, I think, packaged with our current picks, we could get a good combo of JVR, Williams, Erasmus, Johnson or Bazzo.

In fact maybe each of the first three mentioned or similar Vic or SA counterparts.

I think Williams could be a similar player to Jackson with maybe a little less rucking ability but a little more versatility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting.

For what we could get for Cerra should he leave, I think, packaged with our current picks, we could get a good combo of JVR, Williams, Erasmus, Johnson or Bazzo.

In fact maybe each of the first three mentioned or similar Vic or SA counterparts.

I think Williams could be a similar player to Jackson with maybe a little less rucking ability but a little more versatility.
It'd be crazy if any of them are better than Jackson individually though right? If I had to chose between Erasmus and Williams or Jackson I'd probably lean the first two because it suits our list profile better and I'm starting to really really rate Erasmus where I think he could be anything

It'd be crazy if any of them are better than Jackson individually though right? If I had to chose between Erasmus and Williams or Jackson I'd probably lean the first two because it suits our list profile better and I'm starting to really really rate Erasmus where I think he could be anything
The same thing was probably said about Kruezer when Martin and Fyfe were drafted a couple of seasons later.

It's painful how good he is. I can remember games where we limit him to 4 kicks and he still has 3 goals.

Super smart, great body work and leading patterns, very good hands and highly efficient kick. Outstanding player. He's also somewhat likable for a WC player.
I agree it's hard to not like JK. Minimal fuss. Good West Aussie

If we get Cripps as a free agent, and lose Cerra for late two 1st rounds picks plus a 2nd are we in a better spot list wise?
Yes, that’s an a grade mid in that mid 20’s age plus 3 first round picks to stock up on talent while getting rid of some more crabs off the list

Have you seen Jackson? He is unreal, Lloyd Meek would fetch perhaps a pick in the 50s.
I must not be making myself clear enough.

Meek would be absolutely surplus to needs to securing Jackson would mean Meek leaves to another club which would mean we get some draft currency back for him.

So the trade of Cerra for Jackson is going to have the byproduct of ending up being Cerra, Meek for Jackson and pick

It's not Cerra for picks or Cerra for Jackson.

Brayden preuss is pretty useless but was traded for pick 30 last year. Would meek be worth something similar?
Not sure we can trade him as we wouldn’t have a back up ruck then would we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back