List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your heart knows what the best method is for us but your head has been warped by all those ‘ draft experts ‘ bashing your ears about who they THINK the ‘ best available ‘ players are
What on earth does this mean? Do you think people who actively watch draftable talent each week shouldn't be posting about non WA talent on a board full of people who's main focus is ON WA talent?

I don't think any of us claim to be experts mate, and I think the idea that we're "Warping heads" is a bit out there

Always good for a laugh this place

5 pages of hardcore footy nuffies telling you why it’s a bad idea focus on drafting WA lads

Followed by

5 pages of hardcore footy nuffies discussing which 5 of the best 10 WA kids to draft

Your heart knows what the best method is for us but your head has been warped by all those ‘ draft experts ‘ bashing your ears about who they THINK the ‘ best available ‘ players are

Lyon , Rosich and Loyd came out with all that ‘ it’s the AFL and we can get players from anywhere ‘ crap while somehow missing the fact that 10 out of our best 12 players in our granny / finals run sides were WA players

Bunch of ‘ big brains ‘ thinking they were smarter than they were

It’s the HEART that’s been missing these last few years

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Interesting take, you know those two things are not mutually exclusive right. It's easier to like the look of WA players as board nuffies who have an easier time watching WA kids while saying that only drafting WA kids is not a good idea.

I think most posters here are biased by the WA talent. But there’s good lads from SA and vic country in the mix this year too.
For example, Josh Rachele looks a seriously classy player in the Toby Greene mould and I wouldn’t say no to someone like that either. Then there’s this Roberts kid from SA who did a syndesmosis and is likely to slide out of the top 5..

I know people are going to block me or roll their eyes (maybe both), so DON'T take my post seriously you nuggets. I need some of the trade experts on here cause I have no clue about picks but would something like this work:
Adam Cerra to North Melbourne along with a future first and second round pick in exchange for their first round selection.

I just need to know if I should start taking down my posters of Horne in my room cause my gf is getting jealous.

I know people are going to block me or roll their eyes (maybe both), so DON'T take my post seriously you nuggets. I need some of the trade experts on here cause I have no clue about picks but would something like this work:
Adam Cerra to North Melbourne along with a future first and second round pick in exchange for their first round selection.

I just need to know if I should start taking down my posters of Horne in my room cause my gf is getting jealous.
Brah, I hope Freo dont do that one.

It's time to let Horne go, there is as much as your girlfriend telling you she wants a threesome and Margot Robbie has agreed to be the 3rd as Horne becoming a Docker

I think most posters here are biased by the WA talent. But there’s good lads from SA and vic country in the mix this year too.
For example, Josh Rachele looks a seriously classy player in the Toby Greene mould and I wouldn’t say no to someone like that either. Then there’s this Roberts kid from SA who did a syndesmosis and is likely to slide out of the top 5..
Would not say no to Roberts (even with the Syndesmosis injury), so long as we already had one of Williams/JVR already

Think she's more concerned about the posters of an 18 year old!

Horne's going to be a great talent, but we've developed Cerra for 4 years now and we know what he can do and (hopefully) will develop into. As much as Horne is a ready-made player we don't know where his ceiling ends or how he adapts at AFL level

Brah, I hope Freo dont do that one.

It's time to let Horne go, there is as much as your girlfriend telling you she wants a threesome and Margot Robbie has agreed to be the 3rd as Horne becoming a Docker
So what I'm hearing is there is a chance 😉

Haha but just having a bit of fun since we are all a little on edge atm.

I just need to know if you've had enough sleep?! Hehe

What on earth does this mean? Do you think people who actively watch draftable talent each week shouldn't be posting about non WA talent on a board full of people who's main focus is ON WA talent?

I don't think any of us claim to be experts mate, and I think the idea that we're "Warping heads" is a bit out there

Wasn’t really talking about the BF draft guys more the whole Vico road to the draft sideshow

I’ll argue with anyone that ‘ best available’ and ‘best available for Freo ‘ are not the same thing

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stolen from the Melbourne board coz I find this stuff really interesting. Apparently Melbourne’s rating of the 2019 draft crop and honestly, Melbourne for all their historical flaws have been good as anyone in identifying draft talent for a while (I would pay stupid money to see how draft boards the last 10 years)

You can just make out they had Serong at 4 and interestingly, Anderson at 5. Philip and Sharp at 39/40 also interesting

Attachments

• 1617798045046.png
    1617798045046.png
    273.7 KB · Views: 279

It’s really a no brainer this year with WA having the most talls, and we need key positions.
I still think you look at the local talent around your picks, if available. But that rarely happens and you have to know when to reach or not depending on the list.
I’ve advocated for plenty of non WA players, and even for some Wa players to not be drafted or traded in at all.
But the facts are balancing the books has to be a consideration for success.

Stolen from the Melbourne board coz I find this stuff really interesting. Apparently Melbourne’s rating of the 2019 draft crop and honestly, Melbourne for all their historical flaws have been good as anyone in identifying draft talent for a while (I would pay stupid money to see how draft boards the last 10 years)

You can just make out they had Serong at 4 and interestingly, Anderson at 5. Philip and Sharp at 39/40 also interesting
Our draft boards:

Haha, just joking, our recruiters have been very impressive in the last few years!

Don't think that is Serong. They have the player heights next to the names, and I don't see a "7" for the middle digit. Looks more like Young with a blurry 188?

T.Green at #3 and he gets bid on after Henry, still a bit mad about that. McAsey at #20 (went #6).

Shame the dude's arm(?) is covering many of the picks of interest. Rivers would be under there. They have B.Smith at 18 and he was on the board (and went the following pick) when they chose Rivers.

Don't think that is Serong. They have the player heights next to the names, and I don't see a "7" for the middle digit. Looks more like Young with a blurry 188?

T.Green at #3 and he gets bid on after Henry, still a bit mad about that. McAsey at #20 (went #6).

Shame the dude's head is covering many of the picks of interest. Rivers would be under there. They have B.Smith at 18 and he was on the board (and went the following pick) when they chose Rivers.
Good point, re Young/Serong, from memory actually I remember hearing Dee's had Jackson and Young very close as their choice so your probably right.

Seems like they had Henry top 20 as I refuse to believe they'd have him in that 26-35 range

Yes
I hope Freo stop pissing around and do everything and anything to to get the WA KPs.
Class talls are the key , there are some rippers in this draft, just get them for ffs.
Relying on Tabs, Pearce and Hamling to carry the load into the future is friggen crazy.

I dont want a top 20 pick spent on a defender of any sort (part time or otherwise) for at least another 8 years. We have significantly over invested in the backline IMO where you can get quality absolutely anywhere in the draft, and do so frequently

I think we get a couple of mobile forward types
Don’t have a lot of faith that Sturt is going to go the distance unfortunately so need to blood for the future .
I reckon we have plenty of mid field options even if it takes a bit of creativity.
Backline ( assuming no key players want to leave and Pearce stays on the paddock) seems to have enough depth . Although if Pearce breaks down again between now and the PSD
Would probably be wise to look at a big kid Defender or trade in if necessary.

luke partington at 58 too

If all the news from Cal Twomey is right Jordan Clarke is a big chance to come home.
But if he does where does he play?
assuming Young & Chapman are back, and Darcy Tucker playing some good footy there he probably doesn’t slide into a HB roll, JL seems pretty keen to play Aish & Acers on the wings while giving Cerra a run there too. So is he a half forward? Can he play that spot , does he become a inside mid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back