List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be WA players who are on the fringe of their club and developing who would cost nothing.

Miller at Richmond is a ruck/fwd at draft who is playing/developing as a defender for them. That would cover all our issues.
Miller would literally cost nothing. Is a free agent after being moved to the rookie list last year.

Don't think anyone has actually exploited that rule yet though.

Maybe Shaun McKernan technically but only technically as Essendon had already told him he was getting delisted.

Miller would literally cost nothing. Is a free agent after being moved to the rookie list last year.

Don't think anyone has actually exploited that rule yet though.

Maybe Shaun McKernan technically but only technically as Essendon had already told him he was getting delisted.
Exactly, that's why I mentioned him - we can get this WA player for no trade as he is an unrestricted free agent for life after they delisted him to move him to the rookie list.

But we would want him to be destined to be best 22 if we are bringing him over, plenty of guys don't make it at the top level and sitting on our primary list as depth isn't smart list management if we can draft a prospective teenager who might develop into a better player.

Jordan Clark has been dropped again. I know he is still very young and will improve but very happy we didnt get too excited and pay overs to get him home

I thought he might. That stupid push in the back gifting the Swans an easy transition into their forward line leading to the winning goal would’ve riled Scott big time (and rightfully so).

Exactly, that's why I mentioned him - we can get this WA player for no trade as he is an unrestricted free agent for life after they delisted him to move him to the rookie list.

But we would want him to be destined to be best 22 if we are bringing him over, plenty of guys don't make it at the top level and sitting on our primary list as depth isn't smart list management if we can draft a prospective teenager who might develop into a better player.

Literally the only time it’s happened league is for a player who had already been publicly delisted by Essendon. St Kilda just used this rule to sign McKernan a few weeks earlier.

I believe the rule only existed in 2019 and 2020. No one has been traded that was eligible* and no one else selected as a free agent.

*I’m not sure about the status of Alex Keath given he was technically on Gold Coast’s list for their first season. Perhaps the AFL deemed he retired that time? Otherwise he would’ve been eligible as a free agent.

*I’m also not sure about Sam Jacobs in 2019. He was 100% delisted by Carlton then re-rookied but may not have been out of contract when traded to GWS.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but I had the theory clubs didn’t like using this rule, much like clubs not selecting players in the rookie draft when there’s a commitment from the club that delisted them. Looking at the evidence I’m not entirely sure.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be great if one day Fremantle could be attractive to players all over Australia like the Wildcats are...?

“The opportunity to play basketball again, at such a historic team like Perth, is exciting. I’m just dying to get back on the court.”

A lot easier for a one team code in this state.

You have a crack at Clark for a 2nd rounder, but given his indifferent form, you certainly wouldn't cough up a first for him.

He's still very talented.

Like Sham said though that push in the back at the crucial time.... I don 't know if he just has shite on his liver because they wouldn't trade him or pick him or that's what he is normally like.. You'd wanna strangle him.

Think Clark would be good one to get but all depends on what cost. And of course the Freo curse tax as well. When we get a tried AFL Player that automatically lose 50% of ability when they put Freo colours on. Geez I'm a negative nancy.
Freo for the Flag in 2030 when David mundy plays game 500 aged 45.

Like Sham said though that push in the back at the crucial time.... I don 't know if he just has sh*te on his liver because they wouldn't trade him or pick him or that's what he is normally like.. You'd wanna strangle him.
We got plenty of blokes that do that **** already.

I think he'll come good eventually and be at least a b+ player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamling
You’ve absolutely hit the nail on the head! Don’t forget Tucker still room to grow, and it’s much easier to plug a hole in the middle than it’s gonna be to plug the gapping hole that’s gonna be up forward in two years time if we don’t get these KPFs this year.

Good fit list wise, balls haven’t dropped, GWS will pay overs to keep him.
Interestingly, mates I know rate him - see him as a rich mans Hamling- has better kicking and game sense, Hammer is great in the contest and terrific spoiler of the ball.
Both great repeat effort defenders
Same way I looked at him, also 5 years younger. Love hammer and Pearce but not sure they are gonna be the same after injuries.
And having that lock down tall back there let’s the others play to their rolls more as intercept markers. Hate seeing Cox spoil. Great set of mits, use em lad 🙄

I rated him highly but I admit he's probably a little overrated. We have lots of depth on the wing with Acres, Aish, Tucker, Young, Freddy and Western? Plus we have other issues we need to prioritize with our picks.
It’s Geelong. They’re playing their 28+ year old dads army. He hasn’t been given a consistent go. I’d be for him

It’s Geelong. They’re playing their 28+ year old dads army. He hasn’t been given a consistent go. I’d be for him
Don’t think fringe players have too much value?
It’s about time we screwed someone for a change.
If he can play wing then there is a place for him, HB forget it.
If you look at what we received for Crozier, who had played a few AFL games and was pick 20?

Reckon this is a premiership winning defence 2024

Logue Taylor *
Young Cox Chapman
Western as the 7th and sweeping defender

* = whoever earns the spot out of Watson, Hughes, Duman or Walker
Western in the backline ? What are you taking about.
Western is in my premiership winning forward line

Yeah, I'm not sure how he'd feel seeing guys like Higgins and Smith waltz into the side. They have been good players and he can't expect to be selected ahead of them, but at Freo he would probably get more of a chance to shine. Stick him on the wing, he has serious wheels and a bit of that arrogant/confident attitude which I like.

As someone else said ... a Crozier type trade. Sick of giving up reasonable players for essentially nothing. It's time to be on the other side of the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back