Training 2021 Pre-Season Training Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

First round draftee in his first pre season wins the group, and noted "unfit" precocious talent in 2nd place.

I'd be worried if I was a senior player.

We've really only Lynch and Tex as seniors in that group. I thought I read Lynch is on light duties and I doubt Tex is expected to perform well in the time trial, assuming he even runs it.

No, it does not, the problem was they did not stop him earlier,
Please check with the medico on this board.
All I can go on is I have seen some very fit men brought down thru heat stress,

The medico has posted and what I'm proposing is a totally viable option according to their post. Passing out from fatigue while pushing too hard is a possibility. And if you do that while being last then it could speak to your level of fitness.

I've never seen it in my time. But Sholly did mention a lot of PB's which give as good an indication as any.
Sholl didnt use the PB word

He said a lot of players ran good times and times that they were looking for, he didn't go as far as saying that players ran PBs....

With that said it would be nice to know how many players ran PBs

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sholl didnt use the PB word

He said a lot of players ran good times and times that they were looking for, he didn't go as far as saying that players ran PBs....

With that said it would be nice to know how many players ran PBs

He did say you're racing yourself and a few boys won or words to similar effect. I read it as a few PBs were posted.

McAsey and Worrell coming last in the run is pretty disappointing.
Looks like they haven't done the work in the off season. Pretty poor for a couple of guys we have high hopes for.
Wouldn't be much heat stress at 7am I wouldn't think, especially for only a 2 km time trial.
Cant see McAsey starting round 1 for us with that sort of fitness level.
Drawing a long bow here

Both Fish and Wornell would have ran with the backs and up against runners like Brown, Hamill, Smith, McPherson etc

Given that Talia and Doedee may not have ran the trial its probably a little unfair to assume that two taller players are unfit because they ran times behind smaller runners

I would assume most KPD at all clubs run times slower than the HBF types

What im interested in knowing is what were their times in comparison to their PBs and the fact Fish passed out might be a result of pushing himself hard to the finish line

The medico has posted and what I'm proposing is a totally viable option according to their post. Passing out from fatigue while pushing too hard is a possibility. And if you do that while being last then it could speak to your level of fitness.
Mate if you ill or sick, suffering heat stress your running way below peak performance, as you should know,
Most people would be at the back of the field towards the end in those conditions on a hot day,

He did say you're racing yourself and a few boys won or words to similar effect. I read it as a few PBs were posted.
For me it still doesn't nail it that players ran PBs

When he said players run against themselves it was also in context in Sholl being a little humble that he finished first

Usually when a group of players run PBs the club or player media conf is very clear in stating many players ran PBs

In this case we are assuming and interpreting Sholly words

Great to see Sholl have a good run then front the media hopefully we see more of the young blokes taking over and senior deadwood players start to realize the club has moved past them and the rebuild is fast tracked... Tex/Sloane/Lynch are totally cooked I'm really hoping the club pushes the next wave to take over and actively promotes it.
Lynch and Tex can start in the sanfl and Sloane can join them very quickly unless we see massive improvement no more playing injured excuses.

Great to see Sholl have a good run then front the media hopefully we see more of the young blokes taking over and senior deadwood players start to realize the club has moved past them and the rebuild is fast tracked... Tex/Sloane/Lynch are totally cooked I'm really hoping the club pushes the next wave to take over and actively promotes it.
Lynch and Tex can start in the sanfl and Sloane can join them very quickly unless we see massive improvement no more playing injured excuses.
Im getting some good info on Sloane

We might see a bounce back from the skipper in 2021

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lynch spare time will be spent with the AFLW side, we won't hear much from him. I'd like to see him and Tex in the 2s, but we won't. I'd like to see Rory playing a similar role to Lynch with a few runs through the stoppages, but we won't see that either. The kids will always be the bit players. We tried Seedsman in there before giving Schoenberg a crack, kids in stoppages is last resort stuff. Hately will be the exception, he'll replace Brad 1 for 1. I'd like Rory to take a leaf from Tex and Phillips and retire from captaincy. But I don't see that happening either. Maybe next year.

Im getting some good info on Sloane

We might see a bounce back from the skipper in 2021

Training the house down? Seriously though, hopefully he does get uninjured and fit again. The key is not trying to play through injury, he's not 25 anymore, he needs to be fit to be a better option than next man up. Tex no different, but he looked Thommo cooked last year.

Training the house down? Seriously though, hopefully he does get uninjured and fit again. The key is not trying to play through injury, he's not 25 anymore, he needs to be fit to be a better option than next man up. Tex no different, but he looked Thommo cooked last year.
Its been his first pre-season niggle free with a strong focus on strength and getting some power in his running over the first 10-20 mtrs

Also been a strong focus on his recovery....

Im told that it is visibly noticeable to his team mates and coaches that he is running more freely and easily

Yep I see an investigation coming up.
If the player wasn't feeling well they should have just stopped. It really should be the players responsibility to stop if they may collapse
May have had a virus which contributed to feeling unwell I would presume.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping with McAsey. Was unwell, tried to tough it out and the heat got to him.

Especially as yesterday morning was a rather brutal morning to be doing anything fitness wise. Hot and humid can certainly create issues especially if you aren't used to it.

Fog second in the fwds group is good news I guess

Now that is fantastic news.

Drawing a long bow here

Both Fish and Wornell would have ran with the backs and up against runners like Brown, Hamill, Smith, McPherson etc

Given that Talia and Doedee may not have ran the trial its probably a little unfair to assume that two taller players are unfit because they ran times behind smaller runners

I would assume most KPD at all clubs run times slower than the HBF types

What im interested in knowing is what were their times in comparison to their PBs and the fact Fish passed out might be a result of pushing himself hard to the finish line

It was hardly a long bow, McAsey was struggling to finish a 2km run. He wasn't pushing himself, he was struggling to get to the line
I see Riley Thilthorpe won the fowards run, and what about ROB last year ?
I didn't see Butts back there. So your KPP idea doesn't stand up either
Maybe its you that is drawing the long bow

It was hardly a long bow, McAsey was struggling to finish a 2km run. He wasn't pushing himself, he was struggling to get to the line
And yet last year he ran it just fine.

I wouldn't be worried

RT and ROB are freaks, there are very few Rucks / KPP in the comp with that are elite runners

But you don't want to see your pick 6 from last year struggling to run 2km.
I could maybe understand an underdeveloped rookie making hard work of it but not your 1st pick from last year
We don't know what else was going on though ?? Was he unwell or something, because I wouldn't think he'd be passing out after a 2km TT.

Its been his first pre-season niggle free with a strong focus on strength and getting some power in his running over the first 10-20 mtrs

Also been a strong focus on his recovery....

Im told that it is visibly noticeable to his team mates and coaches that he is running more freely and easily

That's good to hear, I hope they concentrate on keeping him in as good a nick as possible. Less combatative role combined with getting over injuries on the sidelines will improve his value a lot. Give a kid a go for a couple of weeks and return in good shape. I've never understood why we prefer to keep the kid in the 2s and play the senior player into the ground. We were still doing it last year, we really need to trust the kids more and look after the oldies better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2021 Pre-Season Training Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back