Universal Love 2022-24 Random Chat – brought to you by Harvest Snaps

Remove this Banner Ad

But awesome.

Technological advancement went into overdrive, almost like never before.

Does anyone remember the TV show beyond 2000? They would protect all sorts of things that don’t even come close to what was invented or created post 2000.
I don't remember that show but it does sound like the exact kind of thing that would have been produced in the 00s

I got an ipad 12 and procreate, that shit is amazing. I would have lost my mind if I had that as a kid.

Didnt realise u could wear those pencils out lol.
You can but it happens to me more than most because I have a horrible pen grip, like a death claw, and press too hard. Playing with procreate is amazing! I can’t believe that soft wear is so affordable compared to any other graphic software out there at the moment and it’s so good

You can but it happens to me more than most because I have a horrible pen grip, like a death claw, and press too hard. Playing with procreate is amazing! I can’t believe that soft wear is so affordable compared to any other graphic software out there at the moment and it’s so good
Yup, I love it. There’s some other drawing apps that I mess with but procreate is wild fun.

I just saw an ad for the new ipad. So tempting because it looks a lot more comfortable to draw on but yeah, spenny.

Yup, I love it. There’s some other drawing apps that I mess with but procreate is wild fun.

I just saw an ad for the new ipad. So tempting because it looks a lot more comfortable to draw on but yeah, spenny.
I got it and it’s great. I had to replace my old one, the battery was running down in an hour or less, and it had bad touch sensitivity so my posts are missing letters

I don't remember that show but it does sound like the exact kind of thing that would have been produced in the 00s
It was in the 80’s and early 90’s from memory trying to predict what would be invented beyond the year 2000.

It was in the 80’s and early 90’s from memory trying to predict what would be invented beyond the year 2000.
Fair enough I do vaguely remember a show from the mid 00s where they essentially went to tech expos and raved about inventions. Not sure if any really caught on.

But the best television show of that era was Robot Wars

The 80s was “towards 2000” and it was changed to “beyond 2000” in the 90s, I suppose because it didn’t sound so rad to have a science show discussing innovations to be released in just a couple of years

But awesome.

Technological advancement went into overdrive, almost like never before.

Does anyone remember the TV show beyond 2000? They would protect all sorts of things that don’t even come close to what was invented or created post 2000.
Occasionally they got it right, but didn’t quite predict the packaging.

I remember an episode which discussed the “out there” possibility of the majority of Australians having video cameras “the size of shirt buttons” that could record everything around them, then they looked at the legal impacts of privacy and so forth, and whether governments might build big brother type networks to spy on everyone’s movements.

It happened. Most people have a smart phone with a tiny digital video recorder, and CCTV is everywhere and mostly unmarked. In England the extent of coverage of CCTV is insane, and it’s totally not just used for crime detection

I remember an episode which discussed the “out there” possibility of the majority of Australians having video cameras “the size of shirt buttons” that could record everything around them, then they looked at the legal impacts of privacy and so forth, and whether governments might build big brother type networks to spy on everyone’s movements.
There's a model of Ray Ban now (Meta) that have HD video cameras on their frames. They kinda look like any other Ray Ban unless you know what they are. Really creep me out.

They only record a minute of video at a time, which I guess is some kind of anti-creep measure because having to start recording again makes them less inconspicuous but still, really icky that these things exist IMO.

Also, how you enjoying Paper Mario PG?
So far so good but the paper Mario’s have a cute but complex narrative so you have to spend hours working your way through dialogue and scene setting, and I haven’t really got to the point of actual gameplay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So far so good but the paper Mario’s have a cute but complex narrative so you have to spend hours working your way through dialogue and scene setting, and I haven’t really got to the point of actual gameplay
Always found it funny that the Paper Mario storyline was so much deeper and more complex than any of the mainline games.

Always found it funny that the Paper Mario storyline was so much deeper and more complex than any of the mainline games.
It seems to be a thing, and it does mean that you have to ride out a bunch of explanatory stuff early on, but Mario Origami was genuinely delightful and funny and has increasingly challenging boss battles. The coloured pencils early on are challenging to fight, but the scissors near the end were terrifying

1717019267748.png

If key drivers in inflation are the cost of fruit & vegetables and health insurance increases (which are pretty much mandatory for 30+'s) how is a potential interest rate hike going to counter this?

The 80s was “towards 2000” and it was changed to “beyond 2000” in the 90s, I suppose because it didn’t sound so rad to have a science show discussing innovations to be released in just a couple of years
Yeah, would have been real awkward on December 31, 1999 having an episode trying to predict what was going to happen tomorrow.

Yeah, would have been real awkward on December 31, 1999 having an episode trying to predict what was going to happen tomorrow.
I remember that day, Fry got frozen

View attachment 2004662

If key drivers in inflation are the cost of fruit & vegetables and health insurance increases (which are pretty much mandatory for 30+'s) how is a potential interest rate hike going to counter this?
In the current economy for some of the indicators, interest rate rises are inflationary. Best to not think about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love 2022-24 Random Chat – brought to you by Harvest Snaps

Remove this Banner Ad

Back