Toast 2022 AFL Awards

Remove this Banner Ad

Only expected them to go with Brayshaw tbh. You’ve got to be exceptional as a Freo player to be considered for All Australian. Pavlich and Sandilands are about our only players that got the recognition they deserved and even they got robbed once or twice.

Mundy, McPharlin, Johnson and Walters have one All Australian each. Fyfe has almost as many Brownlows as All Australians.

Cox will be overlooked when they select the final team. Almost nothing surer. Brayshaw should be in the starting mids so I can’t see him being overlooked but I’ve seen worse for Freo.

Couldn’t believe he was named. One of the biggest fraudsters in the AFL. Paid a million a season and anytime I’ve watched them play he’s barely sighted. Runs around collecting cheap touches but has minimal impact.
I just don’t get why he’s so highly rated.

To be fair to him he has an amazing kick.

Only expected them to go with Brayshaw tbh. You’ve got to be exceptional as a Freo player to be considered for All Australian. Pavlich and Sandilands are about our only players that got the recognition they deserved and even they got robbed once or twice.

Mundy, McPharlin, Johnson and Walters have one All Australian each. Fyfe has almost as many Brownlows as All Australians.

Cox will be overlooked when they select the final team. Almost nothing surer. Brayshaw should be in the starting mids so I can’t see him being overlooked but I’ve seen worse for Freo.
Every year somebody deserving misses out. The issue I have its always a Docker.

Glen Jakovich is still on the committee and he needs to leave before we get justice.

With Jackovic being the only representative from WA on the selection panel is anyone really surprised? Been the same person for must be 7-10 years.

Four players in the 22 under 22 squad!

Brayshaw in the centre (and captain), Young in a back pocket, Clark on a flank and Serong on the bench.

Congrats lads!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Four players in the 22 under 22 squad!

Brayshaw in the centre (and captain), Young in a back pocket, Clark on a flank and Serong on the bench.

Congrats lads!

Nice! And we're reportedly acquiring the bloke who got the fourth-most votes!

Is Brayshaw any chance of the Brownlow? had a quiet finish to the season that I think will have someone pass him.
He's a chance, but will probably be pipped late in the season.

Is Brayshaw any chance of the Brownlow? had a quiet finish to the season that I think will have someone pass him.
The afl.com brownlow predictor has Miller polling 2 votes in the last round to pull ahead of Brayshaw, 30 votes to 28.
Sportbet has him fourth in line at $5.50, behind Neale ($3.00), Oliver ($4.50), and Cripps ($5.00)

I personally think Brayshaw won't actually poll that well, probably around 20 votes. Brownlow winners usually come from the top contested possession winners, and that isn't Andy's strength.

I think Neale will be too hard to beat. He's the main contested possession winner in a winning team. Miller might win, but his team probably didn't do enough. Oliver might win, but Petracca and Viney will take votes off him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast 2022 AFL Awards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back