• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not impressed at all by Phillipou today. Doesnt look like the explosive type we need, the way he moves reminds me of Jarryd Lyons.Playing injured perhaps?

Kobe Ryan has been very good, again though, not sure he is the classy type we need.

Michalanney has been serviceable.

Moir is classy.
Bit hard to judge Phillipou off today as still looks a bit hampered by the injury

Showed a Couple of classy moments

I think his upside is there , there will be others that produce more this year with less upside

Overall though I wouldn’t be rushing to draft too many SA kids , they ended up the worst nationals side and tracking the last 5-6 years of SA draftees and how they are going doesn’t paint the prettiest picture overall

Yes saw him against the Vics & caught my eye. Nice size,looks good below his knees too. He’s the type of player (hybrid) that we lack up forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still can’t believe we didn’t take Carmichael in mid season draft

Ridiculous error

He will be v good after a full AFL pre season

And he’s 22 yo and 188cm - it’s not like we need that or anything haha
This is the AFC remember, absolute masters at ballsing up drafting. Would there be a spot for him in our 22? Is Carmichael better than McFlurry, I mean McHenry?

What about McAdams brother playing for the Pies, picked up in last years MSD, was he not on our radar or taken before our pick?

This is the AFC remember, absolute masters at ballsing up drafting. Would there be a spot for him in our 22? Is Carmichael better than McFlurry, I mean McHenry?

What about McAdams brother playing for the Pies, picked up in last years MSD, was he not on our radar or taken before our pick?
LOL Ash Johnson and Jy Farrar were both on our SANFL top up list but Johnson never played after breaking his arm earlier.

Ridiculous error

Another black mark on our recruiting teams record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He most likely was on radar

Can’t complain re Parnell to be honest , I think he will be ok

Was annoyed we missed the hawks guy but they had pick before us

Mutineer you alluded on one of the draft threads that Sheezel is a flight risk. Can you elaborate why?
Very tight family that are very immersed in Melbourne's Jewish Community is what I've heard, came up through the juniors at Ajax the only Jewish football club in the country. Mad Hawthorn supporter.

2019 looking disastrous at present too. Schoenberg might be able to turn it around but pretty bad other than that.
Thats right. So our first round picks have been..... 2016 - Jordan Gallucci, 2018 - Chayce Jones & Ned McHenry and 2019 - McAsey, that's four first round picks that have delivered us virtually nothing. Thats why we dont have any developing stars in our team. The only real stars we have are all aging.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very tight family that are very immersed in Melbourne's Jewish Community is what I've heard, came up through the juniors at Ajax the only Jewish football club in the country. Mad Hawthorn supporter.
What would Hawthorn give us to get our pick ahead of Essendon is the question, pick 6 and 24 for pick 3?

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tsatas makes a lot of sense from a “player type” point of view. I wonder if there’s any way we can take him and then one of Lemmey or Scully fall to our second pick?

My dream draft would be:

Round 1: Tsatas or Philippou (prefer Tsatas but I appreciate the lure of the local if it’s line ball by November)

Round 2: Lemmey or Scully (if both gone, just take someone who is an elite kick and can break linesman , but it would be great to lock down a local KPP here to replace the corpses of Frampton, McAsey and Himmelberg who shouldn’t be playing senior footy ever again, although I actually like Himmelberg more than the other two as a depth player)

Round 3: Swing for the fences on a high upside type - I wonder if Henry Hustwaite is any chance of sliding to the early 40s. I like him as a tallish utility but feel he probably goes in Round 2. Just don’t draft a fat small forward or another 180cm inside mid for crying out loud.

Rookie Draft:
1) Mature age athletic key defender
2) mobile Ruckman

Tsatas makes a lot of sense from a “player type” point of view. I wonder if there’s any way we can take him and then one of Lemmey or Scully fall to our second pick?

My dream draft would be:

Round 1: Tsatas or Philippou (prefer Tsatas but I appreciate the lure of the local if it’s line ball by November)

Round 2: Lemmey or Scully (if both gone, just take someone who is an elite kick and can break linesman , but it would be great to lock down a local KPP here to replace the corpses of Frampton, McAsey and Himmelberg who shouldn’t be playing senior footy ever again, although I actually like Himmelberg more than the other two as a depth player)

Round 3: Swing for the fences on a high upside type - I wonder if Henry Hustwaite is any chance of sliding to the early 40s. I like him as a tallish utility but feel he probably goes in Round 2. Just don’t draft a fat small forward or another 180cm inside mid for crying out loud.

Rookie Draft:
1) Mature age athletic key defender
2) mobile Ruckman
Not wanting michalanney?

Ridiculous error

Sums up the current state of the shambolic organisation that is the Adelaide Football Club since after the 2017 Preliminary Final.

If there has been a decision to make then we’re odds on to make the wrong one. It’s been five years of this kind of garbage. The fans deserve better.

Also another reminder that we could have had Carmichael and Turner in the mid season draft. When your list is this bad why would you not maximise your chances to unearth an AFL standard player?

Last edited:
Not wanting michalanney?
Oh yeah, chuck him in as our last rookie pick but I wouldn’t say I’m excited about it. We should be delisting all 3 of Turner, Borlase and Davis anyway which would make room for this. If someone bids at pick 50 odd I’m sure we’ll probably match it but mehhh, we’ll probably just give him the Worrell treatment and let him rot in the SANFL forever anyway.

Oh yeah, chuck him in as our last rookie pick but I wouldn’t say I’m excited about it. We should be delisting all 3 of Turner, Borlase and Davis anyway which would make room for this. If someone bids at pick 50 odd I’m sure we’ll probably match it but mehhh, we’ll probably just give him the Worrell treatment and let him rot in the SANFL forever anyway.
Borlase doesn't open up a spot as he's Cat B

That said, if list sizes go back to normal, we'll have one extra senior spot and one extra rookie spot. We should have about 2 or 3 open spots, I think (FWIW I don't think we'll delist Turner)

Ridiculous error

It's staggering.
When I bang on about bigger mids most playing devils advocate bring up Brisbane and Lachie Neale etc.
I'm a bit slow and should have replied Bridbane yet to win a preliminary and had a couple at home.

Pickett are few years ago, Carmichael this year, there's been a few free hits and we either don't understand or don't rate size and you need 1 or 2 bigger bodies.

It's a long season and being 80kgs and having guys 92kgs banging into you all season will have an effect if there's no protection from bigger inside mids

Borlase doesn't open up a spot as he's Cat B

That said, if list sizes go back to normal, we'll have one extra senior spot and one extra rookie spot. We should have about 2 or 3 open spots, I think (FWIW I don't think we'll delist Turner)
Good point re the Cat B, and no, I don’t think we’ll delist Turner either. We much prefer to stand by our turds rather than flushing them. Carmichael clearly didn’t come from a nice enough family.

Sums up the current state of the shambolic organisation that is the Adelaide Football Club since after the 2017 Preliminary Final.

If there has been a decision to make then we’re odds on to make the wrong one. It’s been five years of this kind of garbage. The fans deserve better.

Also another reminder that we could have had Carmichael and Turner in the mid season draft. When your list is this bad why would you not maximise your chances to unearth an AFL standard player?
Even if Carmichael doesn’t mate it, why didn’t we even try him is mind boggling. I big risk/reward type is exactly what the mid season draft is all about. The Turner decision is hard to explain considering we are in a rebuild

Even if Carmichael doesn’t mate it, why didn’t we even try him is mind boggling. I big risk/reward type is exactly what the mid season draft is all about. The Turner decision is hard to explain considering we are in a rebuild
Turner is an interesting one. Maybe just insurance incase Sloane doesn't/can't return. This combined with knowing the future of Seedsman and Crouch.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 AFL Draft Discussion

Back