Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - read the pinned post

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn selecting with their first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
National AFL draft Monday November 28(first round only).
All other selections to be held on Tuesday November 29.
The pre-season and rookie drafts will then take place at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday November 30.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's ******* pray we can use all these later picks to somehow move up to a pick earlier in the 2nd round then.
6,24,41,48,50,52 ~ current draft hand

After bids

6 - Philipou, Humphrey, Mackenzie, Clark
24 -
34- 48+50+52 for 34 ~ Brisbane gain 500 points ~ What Brisbane do here is very interesting
37 - 41 comes in after bids.
62* - Vickery

6,24,41,48,50,52 ~ current draft hand

After bids

6 - Philipou, Humphrey, Mackenzie, Clark
24 -
34- 48+50+52 for 34 ~ Brisbane gain 500 points ~ What Brisbane do here is very interesting
37 - 41 comes in after bids.
62* - Vickery
After finally getting over my depression of us likely missing out on Sheezel I am slowly coming around to us selecting one of Phillipou, Humphrey or Mackenzie. Clark I'm not so sure about and it's got nothing to do with talent. With us in the early stages of a rebuild I don't think I could handle it if he asked for a trade to the Handbaggers in a couple of years. I'm sure there's flight risks with anyone we select but I'd only go with Clark if he was clear cut #1 on our draft board when it's our time to select.

Won't be surprised if we select Ginbey. Not a lot of fans on this board but very very high ceiling.

Contested ball winners that are 189cm and have elite sprinting, elite endurance and elite verticals don't grow on trees.

Shame his kicking is Josh Goater levels

Won't be surprised if we select Ginbey. Not a lot of fans on this board but very very high ceiling.

Contested ball winners that are 189cm and have elite sprinting, elite endurance and elite verticals don't grow on trees.

Philipou has all those traits and can kick.

Nick Madden was in Melbourne for the AFL Draft Combine

"I've got a brother and he was pretty into it, not as much as me but it was pretty important for us growing up," Madden recalled.
"We all go for the Hawks and they were pretty fun times in the early 2010s.
"Dad wouldn't let us drive the ute if we didn't go for them.

Coming with a rocket supposedly.

Would Sam want someone with poor kicking though?

Same could be said for Humphrey.

Philipou has all those traits and can kick.
Phillipou isn't a contested ball-winning inside midfielder.

Jack Steele vs. Jack Billings (in terms of playstyle, not necessarily outcome).

Personally, I won't be happy but I won't be mad if we end up with Ginbey. Very neutral on the pick, happy for the club to back their skills development if they think he's got the mindset for it but I prefer Humphrey and to a lesser extent Phillapou as high-upside prospects and Mackenzie and Clark for safer midfield slots, with Mackenzie having terrific upside as well.

I'll say it every day of the week if I have to, no one here has any real idea of a club's mindset, development crew, or outlook on prospects. I'll do my best to predict and gauge the talent I see, but I'll back the club on whomever they take. It sounds non-commital, but when the day comes I back our team, and honestly pretty much every recruiting team, over BigFooty and myself.

The one thing I liked about ginbey in the game I saw is that he is elite defensively as a mid. He hunts the man with intent and he has really good closing speed. Also when there is a loose ball on the deck in space, his speed and hardness is elite. He is very much a brute which I don't hate because we need contested possession winners and centre clearance winners

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phillipou isn't a contested ball-winning inside midfielder.

Jack Steele vs. Jack Billings (in terms of playstyle, not necessarily outcome).

Personally, I won't be happy but I won't be mad if we end up with Ginbey. Very neutral on the pick, happy for the club to back their skills development if they think he's got the mindset for it but I prefer Humphrey and to a lesser extent Phillapou as high-upside prospects and Mackenzie and Clark for safer midfield slots, with Mackenzie having terrific upside as well.

I'll say it every day of the week if I have to, no one here has any real idea of a club's mindset, development crew, or outlook on prospects. I'll do my best to predict and gauge the talent I see, but I'll back the club on whomever they take. It sounds non-commital, but when the day comes I back our team, and honestly pretty much every recruiting team, over BigFooty and myself.
Phillipou is a very good inside mid, he has great hands and great decision making in tight, really clean, quick & precise.

Mightn't be a bull but, very good.

I wonder if, in 6 weeks time, any of us will be any closer to deciding who we should bloody choose with #6.

I keep changing my mind with every post I read in here.
This is exactly why I never bother to 'prefer' anybody. I do not have any idea. Certainly nowhere near the info that the recruiting team have. And the highlights packages only show the few possessions a guy gets. Could be the only 5-6 possessions he got in the whole game.

I will wait for draft night and back in whoever we get.

Are we there yet?

Gi
After finally getting over my depression of us likely missing out on Sheezel I am slowly coming around to us selecting one of Phillipou, Humphrey or Mackenzie. Clark I'm not so sure about and it's got nothing to do with talent. With us in the early stages of a rebuild I don't think I could handle it if he asked for a trade to the Handbaggers in a couple of years. I'm sure there's flight risks with anyone we select but I'd only go with Clark if he was clear cut #1 on our draft board when it's our time to select.
Ginbey looks like a beast a point of difference him and Jai crashing bodies would be 🤙🏼

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back