Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - read the pinned post

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn selecting with their first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
National AFL draft Monday November 28(first round only).
All other selections to be held on Tuesday November 29.
The pre-season and rookie drafts will then take place at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday November 30.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would anyone consider Humphrey or Phillipou over MacKenzie?
Based on no empirical evidence at all, I would be happy with either Phillipou or McKenzie over Humphrey.

For me, it's the decision making and vision that sets McKenzie apart. He's a great user and knows how to bring others into the game.
He's exactly what we need but unfortunately with where we are in our rebuild we also need a Sheezel and Phillipou too. We have many holes / needs which with our draft we cannot fill all at once.

Any idea how interested we are in Ed Allan? Guy seems like a supreme athlete who could be anything. Would be surprised if we don’t try to get pick him before fremantle

Any idea how interested we are in Ed Allan? Guy seems like a supreme athlete who could be anything. Would be surprised if we don’t try to get pick him before fremantle
Can they acquire him as a F/S?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So easy to go back and forth between he and the Pou. McJenzie looked super sharp in the biggest game of the Chapiomships, his decision making and breakaway burst of speed are obvious. I’m not unhappy with either of them. The better players will be gone, but they’ve both got standout abilities and are the exact type we need (tall, quick, midfielders). McKenzie more advanced and cleaner looking kicking technique at this stage. Pou a smoother mover.

Last edited:
As with many on here would be happy with either Macca or Winnie but whoever we pick it will probably come down to assessing and making a judgement call on character and personality traits. If you look at last year our first choice Ward comes across as smart, hard worker already a professional in his approach to training and life off the pitch. Very self driven. A few have said this before and I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back