Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - read the pinned post

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn selecting with their first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
National AFL draft Monday November 28(first round only).
All other selections to be held on Tuesday November 29.
The pre-season and rookie drafts will then take place at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday November 30.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Olli Hotton - Collingwood
Cam Mackenzie - Hawks
George Wardlaw - Dons
Alwyn Davey Jnr - Dons
Jaspa Fletcher - Lions
Will Ashcroft - Geelong
Bailey Humphrey - Richmond/Geelong ?
Jhye Clark - Collingwood
Lachie Cowan - Carlton
Harry Sheezel - Hawks
Harry Lemmey - Crows
Henry Hustwaite - St Kilda
Elijah Tsatas - Richmond
Aaron Cadman - Richmond
Mattaes Phillipou - Port
Elijah Hewett is a neutral

Olli Hotton - Collingwood
Cam Mackenzie - Hawks
George Wardlaw - Dons
Alwyn Davey Jnr - Dons
Jaspa Fletcher - Lions
Will Ashcroft - Geelong
Bailey Humphrey - Richmond/Geelong ?
Jhye Clark - Collingwood
Lachie Cowan - Carlton
Harry Sheezel - Hawks
Harry Lemmey - Crows
Henry Hustwaite - St Kilda
Elijah Tsatas - Richmond
Aaron Cadman - Richmond
Mattaes Phillipou - Port
Elijah Hewett is a neutral

Surely Geelong can list Ashcroft by not even using a draft pick given he supports them.

Geelong should be outraged.

I know it is just highlights but I'd take either of these two before MacKenzie.
Agree off the highlights Ginbey breaks and has speed. The Poo has aerial presence and huge upside.
Watched some of Clark and he is a competitor who based off the videos I’ve seen I would take before Mackenzie as well.
Mackenzie has a lot of handballs and dinky kicks.
In saying that I’ll back the club in on whomever they select.

North Melbourne just acquired Pick 23 from Adelaide. I think this is a good thing because after picking Sheezel/Wardlaw they’d be more likely to target a key position player (Keeler) or a running half-back (Cowan).

Burgiel and Jones are my favourites for our second.

Ginbey

Or

The poo

Ginbey for mine. Kid's an animal

Ginbey's highlights remind me of Oliver in his draft year. Was an absolute beast and no wonder he bolted up.

North Melbourne just acquired Pick 23 from Adelaide. I think this is a good thing because after picking Sheezel/Wardlaw they’d be more likely to target a key position player (Keeler) or a running half-back (Cowan).

Burgiel and Jones are my favourites for our second.
If Keeler or Hayes are on the board at Pick 23 we'd hope they'd fall to us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has adjusted for the picks consumed through matching f/s bids. I.e 22,34,35 36 etc
Pick 40 , Jakob Ryan is assigned to Geelong in his mock draft the other day. Looks like he has updated his post and has correctly assigned pick 40 to the Hawks.

If we take Mackenzie with 6 and George is there at 24 I think it will take about 7 seconds to hear them read out his name.
Can’t see George slipping to 24. Giants are very keen and they have 3 shots at grabbing him before we get a second look at the draft.

If we take Mackenzie with 6 and George is there at 24 I think it will take about 7 seconds to hear them read out his name.
George is a big risk(because of injury) , big reward pick.
Could have been an easier decision if we got a pick 19 or a pick 25 from the recent trade period.
But what the heck, I agree with you that if we pick Cam at pick 6/7, then we should pick George if available at our 2nd pick.

I’m all aboard Ginbey and Darcy Jones with our 2nd. They already have chemistry.

If no one drops out of the top 5 I strongly believe we will take Jhye Clark.
Agile, versatile, determined: The diminutive all-rounder with genuine X-factor - https://www.afl.com.au/news/858975

Hawthorn multiple interviews 😍😍😍

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Agree off the highlights Ginbey breaks and has speed. The Poo has aerial presence and huge upside.
Watched some of Clark and he is a competitor who based off the videos I’ve seen I would take before Mackenzie as well.
Mackenzie has a lot of handballs and dinky kicks.
In saying that I’ll back the club in on whomever they select.
Mackenzie is leaps and bounds above those two.

Will he last until #24 in a shallow draft?

We might be scarred from the last 174cm player we took with a pick in the 20's 🙄.
I had a look at who has picks before us... If we wanted him West coast would be a danger at 20 and GWS at 18 or 19.

North won't be a threat at 23 because they are taking two smalls early. Who knows what's happening with essendons pick. Bulldogs took Arthur Jones last year who is a very very similar type so I doubt they look at him with 21.

It's likely he will be available for us if we wanted him but you never know. Only takes one club to like him. Similar to aleer and Sheldrick last year.

If he was a standard height and weight for a mid he goes top 10 imo.

Pretty dumb I know just to judge on short highlight packages but not sold on Ginbey reminds me a bit of a Mitch Robinson type takes the ball on his chest and seems would be good at under 18 level based on size alone. Phillipou highlights seem a class above takes the ball clean out in front and can kick. I'd take class over grunt everytime picking 18 year olds
Well that's exactly the player I thought of . Mitch Robinson and nearly chucked up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back