Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - read the pinned post

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn selecting with their first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
National AFL draft Monday November 28(first round only).
All other selections to be held on Tuesday November 29.
The pre-season and rookie drafts will then take place at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday November 30.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All these mock and phantom's where Tsatas falls to us are a massive tease.
afl yes GIF by Essendon FC

When does Twomey’s mock draft land? A few days before the actual draft or more like a week?

Last year it was bang on until pick 15ish from memory, would love to know what the inside knowledge of our pick is. Sources so far say Humper

The more I think about it the more I wouldn't be upset with Clark

These no frills hard nut players are the type that get you over the line in finals
Exactly - look no further than Brad Sewell himself - was absolutely epic in the 2012 GF loss and nearly dragged us over the line. Exactly same height as Clark as well. Don’t get me wrong, I still prefer Tsatas or Humphrey but will not be disappointed at all with Clark

Exactly - look no further than Brad Sewell himself - was absolutely epic in the 2012 GF loss and nearly dragged us over the line. Exactly same height as Clark as well. Don’t get me wrong, I still prefer Tsatas or Humphrey but will not be disappointed at all with Clark
33 touches, 11 tackles, 11 clearances and 0.2

what could have been...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tsatas, Humphrey and Mackenzie are all our preferred options because their strengths are easier to see. We've been a stagnant footy side for a while, so adding a contested, natural footballer without eye-catching traits doesn't seem as appealing.

BUT, this doesn't mean Clark isn't a good option for us, as you've explained. He'd add plenty to our list, even if it wouldn't be as instantly noticeable as a Tsatas burst from congestion of a Mackenzie 1-2 and bullet inside 50.

I can’t see a world where Sam wouldn’t love Clark, but it’s who else is there at our pick which might decide if McKenzie leaves him for the Cats.

We have Newcombe, stephens, Worpel, Finn, and Nash. All bigger bodies who want to be inside the contest or at least around stoppages. Only really have ward and MacDonald as better users who can/will play inside and out. And none of them are jets out of stoppages. Clark isn’t a need and seems unlikely to improve the mix. Tsatsas is an absolute no brainer if he slides. Gets more interesting if we have to look at the next group but I’m still not sure Clark comes into consideration unless we see something in him that isn’t obvious to everyone else.

We have Newcombe, stephens, Worpel, Finn, and Nash. All bigger bodies who want to be inside the contest or at least around stoppages. Only really have ward and MacDonald as better users who can/will play inside and out. And none of them are jets out of stoppages. Clark isn’t a need and seems unlikely to improve the mix. Tsatsas is an absolute no brainer if he slides. Gets more interesting if we have to look at the next group but I’m still not sure Clark comes into consideration unless we see something in him that isn’t obvious to everyone else.
I think it’s Tsatas or Humphrey… if they’re gone it’ll absolutely be Clark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back