2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you get offered a deal like that you really need to do your due diligence. To knock back that deal you really want to know the kid has Sam Walsh like character and professionalism.
Will this deal be the first time pick 1 has been traded? Wonder if that was why they said no last year.

GWS couldn't use all there picks so if they probably would want Cadman otherwise they could have just waited at 3. Can't afford to bring in another top mid and then not play them for 2 years before they go home.

Given the number of early picks and the long term deals still in place at GWS, I wonder if they do the salary dump move next year now that we have broken the top off that particular move? Can't keep rinsing and recycling, and it will get easier next time.

What really hurts them though is that both Kelly and Whitfield looked like top 15 players in the comp when they were at their best, and they would have got big money elsewhere. Now they look more like players outside the AA squad of 40.

Just checked, Kelly had 21 brownlow votes in 2017 and Whitfield had 16 in 2018 playing on a flank. Both still good but short of their best which was genuine elite.

google it 🍆

Funny Face Reaction GIF by TikTok

It's basically trading out Rankine and Bowes to move up 2 places in the draft from 5 to 7? A pretty shit deal if you look at it that way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Media reporting our interest in Jed Anderson is increasing. And we will possibly sign him as a DFA, without needing to trade this week.

If Craig Cameron is incompetent what does that make North Melbourne's list manager. That is pathetic
I mean, Scott Clayton still being on their payroll says it all really….

DFA? Lol North getting shafted again
Basically Greenwood for Anderson, plus however much we save in salary. Not bad.

Cameron was on Sportsday radio. He did not mention Fiorini when asked about anything else happening (besides Bowes and potentially Sharp). I got feeling, Fiorini could be staying.

I liked his answer on 'disrespectul' feeder club question. Also if the created cap space is to re-sign Anderson, Rowel.

Last edited:
Cameron was on Sportsday radio. He did not mention Fiorini when asked about anything else happening (besides Bowes and possibly Sharp). I got feeling, Fiorini could be staying.

AFL media stated Pies stuck trying complete deals for Grundy, Henry, etc so Fiorini down the pecking order.

And he appears happy to stay for the final year of his contract. No biggie either way really 🤷‍♂️

AFL media stated Pies stuck trying complete deals for Grundy, Henry, etc so Fiorini down the pecking order.

And he appears happy to stay for the final year of his contract. No biggie either way really 🤷‍♂️
It also seems Pies still want to bring Mitchell. Grundy trade will be probably done tomorrow. Pies have no choice now but to off-load him.

Cameron was on Sportsday radio. He did not mention Fiorini when asked about anything else happening (besides Bowes and potentially Sharp). I got feeling, Fiorini could be staying.

Geez tell ya what

If brayden stays good on him.

He does have a house in GC with his partner so must love it up here.

Most professional award this year,

After his $600k runs out I’m sure he’ll take a pay cut to stay as depth.

Has the chance to go to his boyhood club the Pies.

Huge. Still a very good footballer, I know people hate him on the wing but if he loses a few kegs he can be a good senior body in the squad

Geez tell ya what

If brayden stays good on him.

He does have a house in GC with his partner so must love it up here.

Most professional award this year,

After his $600k runs out I’m sure he’ll take a pay cut to stay as depth.

Has the chance to go to his boyhood club the Pies.

Huge. Still a very good footballer, I know people hate him on the wing but if he loses a few kegs he can be a good senior body in the squad
If we get injuries in the middle, he would still be handy, no doubt. He could spread salary like Mcpherson.

His manager said he is happy with the club and loves it on GC. No bad blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back