2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanners was one of my favourites when he was Sydney.

Rookie list and let him be our VFL captain.

Hannebery Tsitas constable mids with flanders Fiorini Davies at times we could have a deep run in vfl september

We’ve looked at

• Anderson
  • Blakely
  • Hannebery

We’ll only get one of them you’ll think via Rookie List.

No harm?

• Murtagh
  • McLennan
  • Conroy

Of the worlds were never gonna play anyways

Supposably WC are keen to do a pick swap.
Im guessing to get ahead of us for Ginbey.

Something like GC 5 for WC 8 and future second.

Dont mind it considering Sheezle Wardlaw and Tsatas practically unavailable to us anyhow.

Still get Phillipou or McKenzie making it to pick 8… or even go for Hollands.
very little downside..

Not confirmed

Do a double trade down

5 > 8 for a F2
8 > 11 with Blues for F2
Get Hollands with 11

After targeting Essendon captain Heppell

I feel like we are trying to get another 30yo+ to the club

Anyone recruited now is obviously outside the b22

After targeting Essendon captain Heppell

I feel like we are trying to get another 30yo+ to the club

Anyone recruited now is obviously outside the b22

Has a relationship with Dew so it would have to be him driving it. The injury risk is big but if it is some mentor/playing coach

Sam Edmond said he’s gone to see Dr Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt the same guy who fixed degoey’s hamstrings
Also Moore and Elliott hasn't had a hammy issue since they went and saw him in 2018 (during a time they were plagued with issues for ages). I'm not sure what he does, but whatever it is; it works

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has a relationship with Dew so it would have to be him driving it. The injury risk is big but if it is some mentor/playing coach

No different to when Fagan got Grant Birchall.

Hanners got 3 votes in his last game so he’s still got it

We cannot possibly pick up Hannerbury absolutely totally cooked.
Is he though? Had surgery on his calf in March and flew to Germany to meet with 'Healing Hans' in May during his recovery period. Made his VFL return seven weeks later and played well with 29 disposals. Played another game in the VFL the following week and put together another solid game with 25 disposals. The following week he made his AFL return and picked up 27 disposals + a goal. Had a quiet game the following week against Geelong with just 11 disposals but the ankle niggle that would see him miss one week may explain that performance. The ankle niggle clearly wasn't serious because he returned again in round 23 and picked up 30 disposals as well as 3 Brownlow votes.

So is Hannebery actually cooked or is that just the narrative that some would have you believe? It seems like he put together about six weeks of really good footy towards the end of this season after successfully recovering from calf surgery and getting medical advice from 'Healing Hans'. Hannebery himself even said he felt like he finally got his body right towards the end of this season. Obviously Dew and Shaw would have an existing relationships with Hanners from their Swans days and I'm sure they would be using Casboult as an example of what can happen in your 30s with a change of scenery. I'm certainly not opposed to injecting more of the successful bloods culture into our club if the medical staff are confident that his can hold up for at least one more season.

7acFGeI.jpg

Last edited:
Is he though? Had surgery on his calf in March and flew to Germany to meet with 'Healing Hans' in May during his recovery period. Made his VFL return seven weeks later and played well with 29 disposals. Played another game in the VFL the following week and put together another solid game with 25 disposals. The following week he made his AFL return and picked up 27 disposals + a goal. Had a quiet game the following week against Geelong with just 11 disposals but the ankle niggle that would see him miss one week may explain that performance. The ankle niggle clearly wasn't serious because he returned again in round 23 and picked up 30 disposals as well as 3 Brownlow votes.

So is Hannebery actually cooked or is that just the narrative that some would have you believe? It seems like he put together about six weeks of really good footy towards the end of this season after successfully recovering from calf surgery and getting medical advice from 'Healing Hans'. Hannebery himself even said he felt like he finally got his body right towards the end of this season. Obviously Dew and Shaw would have an existing relationships with Hanners from their Swans days and I'm sure they would be using Casboult as an example of what can happen in your 30s with a change of scenery. I'm certainly not opposed to injecting more of the successful bloods culture into our club if the medical staff are confident that his can hold up for at least one more season.

7acFGeI.jpg

Eternal optimism is a good outlook to lead a happy life but not to run a successful AFL club. Why are we the only club looking at him? Is it because we are smarter than every other club or is it more likely we are more incompetent than every other club when it comes to list management.

Facts are he'll be 32 next season and has barely played a game in 5 years. Casboult played consistent footy throughout his career and in a position of scarcity. I understand the club wants another cheap veteran but they should look for players that are likely to have a body that allows them to play.

Would rather Hannebery than tsitas on our list to be fair.

We’re hoping for finals next year. He brings a ton of finals experience.

Brandon Ellis played 9 finals.
Rory Atkins played 6 finals.

They’re both very outside, not in the heat of the kitchen though. Not sure they’re going to be leading the charge in an elimination final.

Ben Long played 1 finals game.

We have no one else that’s has played finals before. Not one.

Hannebery has played 24 finals games. And is right amongst it in the centre square.

Tries his guts out on field.

He might play 0 games, he might play 12 games, doubt he would play more than 15 but you’d rest him regularly anyway.

I wouldn’t mind it if he put him through some paces pre season and seems his body is holding up.

Would obviously be on very little. I do think getting in some players with big game experience will be an important consideration in the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back