2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just don't want Stack corrupting young impressionable lads like Jeffrey and Rosas. Real concern.
Yes,
You'd be putting a lot of faith in our senior leaders and guys like Sean Lemmens, Jy Farrar as more senior indigenous players to ensure appropriate support for all.

Be stoked if we can land Anderson, always rated him. Hard nosed, on the cheap and would help lighten the load for others if given the chance

Last edited:
Obviously depends on contract etc.. but this would be the order I'd personally be ranking these potential incomers

Stack
Anderson
Poulter
Hannebery
Blakey
Stein

Obviously depends on contract etc.. but this would be the order I'd personally be ranking these potential incomers

Stack
Anderson
Poulter
Hannebery
Blakey
Stein

I’m honestly chucking Hannebery second, way classier than Jed ever was. Leadership and finals experience is needed.

And sorry to be a pain but it’s Blakely

I’m not that fussed on who it is.

Stack is risky for off-field dramas, Hannebery for his many (many) injuries, but if either turn out (which I’m not sold on at all) then they are absolute steals.

Anderson or Blakely are experienced depth and probably more reliable, but less upside.

But I reckon cheap depth is cheap depth. Recruit whoever with the goal to have our VFL team pushing finals again and to mentor our younger players. Anything else is a bonus.

I mean, we’re signing them as a rookie so can’t expect too much. Plugging holes and replacing depth.

I’m not that fussed on who it is.

Stack is risky for off-field dramas, Hannebery for his many (many) injuries, but if either turn out (which I’m not sold on at all) then they are absolute steals.

Anderson or Blakely are experienced depth and probably more reliable, but less upside.

But I reckon cheap depth is cheap depth. Recruit whoever with the goal to have our VFL team pushing finals again and to mentor our younger players. Anything else is a bonus.

I mean, we’re signing them as a rookie so can’t expect too much. Plugging holes and replacing depth.
I feel much the same as you on all points.

I guess the question is how many we will bring in. IMO, 1-2, depending on how many picks we will use in draft (1-2), how many rookies we will upgrade to senior list (1-2), how many academy kids we will bring in (1-2), do we keep a spot open for PSD.

Anderson for me.

I prefer to use extra rookie spots for mature cheap (mostly VFL) depth over academy kids who will not make it (like Nicholls). Bring in only academy kids with a genuine chance to become AFL players.

We must picking up mature agers to fill the rookie positions
I don't mind it, while they don't have the improvement left in them like young blokes, you know what you are going to get out of mature agers. They are consistent, be good for the VFL team and the kids developing there to have a consistent mature group around them.

I don't mind it, while they don't have the improvement left in them like young blokes, you know what you are going to get out of mature agers. They are consistent, be good for the VFL team and the kids developing there to have a consistent mature group around them.

A lot better than the mature talent we have taken in the past too ala Jordan Murdoch, GHS etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not as good as Piers Flanagan though tbf.

GHS was a great trainer and leader tbf, he just was legit the slowest midfielder I've ever seen at AFL level.

He was trraasshh but it was a different time where we needed these types for culture. Sadly Charlie Constable hasn't impressed me that much in the twos either. Not sure he was worth a 2 year deal if we knew the DFA offerings this year.

He was trraasshh but it was a different time where we needed these types for culture. Sadly Charlie Constable hasn't impressed me that much in the twos either. Not sure he was worth a 2 year deal if we knew the DFA offerings this year.
According to Herald article Constable was offered 1 year contract this off-season so was on 1 year contract in 2022.

Yeah I'd go hannebery. Barring injuries don't think Anderson makes it, hannebery if fit will be a great addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back