2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somehow our picks still don’t look to great 👀
Funny you mention this because Lore has got a live pick tracker going that currently has us as the #1 in points for this year

It's now the stickied post for this thread.

Let me know how we like this everyone

Funny you mention this because Lore has got a live pick tracker going that currently has us as the #1 in points for this year

It's now the stickied post for this thread.

Let me know how we like this everyone
Dogs with 2, 7 and 25 better hand then us.

Suns would complain it costs to much to have a good hand at the draft.
Only club EVER to complain about having highly rated picks

After our average first two performances it's obvious we need some run and skill by foot in the team, also kpd unless Graham, Brock or Andrew really take a leap in the remainder of the season. The positive is there seems to be a bit of this quality still unsigned around the league. Redman, day, pickett, wanganeen milera, Gresham and McKay. Any of these would be massive, the problem now is enticing them to move.
Give me Redman he looked fantastic against us. Wang Mil is unsigned? I rate him and think he's an elite kick. Pretty sure he's close to Longy, and would love to see him at half back / wing for us. I'd take Gresh and McKay too.

We're just preparing to take all the academy youngsters.
Having multiple lower picks with more total points attached more attractive than having fewer but higher picks.

Jayden Short has lost his position at half back to Daniel Rioli, basically floating wing/half forward now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, Dogs must be ecstatic about trading out Josh Dunkley for a couple of high picks, including that pick 7 from Brisbane which won't stay pick 7 for long.
Look at them fly without him, their best defensive mid.......

They are talking about Ben king again, if the suns don’t improve, he could become the next lynch with vic clubs circling

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They are talking about Ben king again, if the suns don’t improve, he could become the next lynch with vic clubs circling

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's round 2 and they're already talking about a player that's out of contract at the end of next year.

I guess they're trying to start the Suns exodus story again even though all the Suns core are already signed up beyond this season.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's round 2 and they're already talking about a player that's out of contract at the end of next year.

I guess they're trying to start the Suns exodus story again even though all the Suns core are already signed up beyond this season.

Yeah, it's crazy, IMO. Jumping a gun after 0:2. If we beat Cats I expect to turn talks around quickly.

Even if we go backward this year and Dew is gone, it's pretty obvious that a new coach would have a shot with the current list, including Ben. The club would not let him go. All important players are re-signed. On top of it, Bens seems to love it on Gold Coast and is committed.

I am very frustrated after re-watching Essendon game. We had that game on plate. Not converting, red time goals killed us.

Let's see where we are after round 5-6.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's crazy, IMO. Jumping a gun after 0:2. If we beat Cats I expect to turn talks around quickly.

Even if we go backward this year and Dew is gone, it's pretty obvious that a new coach would have a shot with the current list, including Ben. The club would not let him go. All important players are re-signed. On top of it, Bens seems to love it on Gold Coast and is committed.

I am very frustrated after re-watching Essendon game. We had that game on plate. Not converting, red time goals, killed us.

Let's where we are after round 5-6.
Just poor concentration at times, mostly from Inexperienced players

Just poor concentration at times, mostly from Inexperienced players
Yes, for example Uwland cost us a couple of goals but we should still win comfortably if we converted. But it was experienced players too. E.g., in the last quarter Swallow handballed it directly to opposition resulting if I remember correctly in a goal.

Besides red time goals (really not excuse for them, so frustrating to watch how goals unfolded), there was like 8-9 goals swing (6 or so easy missed shots, Ballard brain snap, Sexton kick touched on goal line, Holman bad kick to Luko when having a set shot). Bloody frustrating. Add 3-4 clearances in the last quarter when we actually got hands on the ball first only for the ball ending end up in Essendon hands followed by quick deliver into our open defence.

Essendon scored way too easily.

Miller had actually a pretty average game. He did try his heart out but man he had like 5+ holding balls and some bad decisions.

It should be a good battle with Cats. Both teams need to win desperately. It looks like a wet surface as showers are forecasted (90%, 1-8mm, 27 degrees).

Last edited:
Long season to be talking about trade news, need to fill the time somehow.
But they're not even talking about a player who's out of contract at the end of the season.

Ben's out of contract at the end of next season, even if he were to request a trade at the end of the season there is a 0% chance we even consider it considering how important he is to the team.

Yes it’s ridiculous.
Surely they should be talking about Will Day, Ben Hobbs, James Jordan etc.. rather than King.

We're just preparing to take all the academy youngsters.
Having multiple lower picks with more total points attached more attractive than having fewer but higher picks.

I don’t think we’ll take all the academy picks if we don’t make any improvement.
Need to play finals asap.

Miss finals look for the suns to bring in some more experience.
Obv still take a couple of academy kids. But wouldn’t be 5-6

I watched the game again and our disposal by hand inclose was poor if we fix that up changes the game completely touk rowell and noah are usually good include so easy fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back