• Schoenberg

Votes: 23 27.1%
  • Milera

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He could replace Keays up forward.
He's way better as a forward than a wingman
I think Dowling or Cook could replace Keays. Keays isn't going anywhere this year though. Nicks will see the light but most likely during the next preseason.

I'm not a Strachan knocker, but he was poor today (before concussion) and has been poor all of this season. He got well pushed around today. I recall him being just about our best player in the previous couple of years, with a real driving influence on the game. What has happened to him?

The theme of being monstered by bigger bodies persisted right through the side today, especially with Himmelberg, I guess inevitable with a young, slight list. What annoyed me most of all was the complete lack of leadership and grunt in the last quarter: noone wanted to put in to win the game.
I think the incentive to perform in the sanfl to give yourself a chance of playing afl has disappeared for a lot of players.
It's unfortunate that the exact same philosophy that destroyed the club 5-6 years ago, is permeating it's way through the club again.
There is very little reward for playing well in the sanfl and the impression of the chosen few for afl, has taken the edge off performance in the club again

I think the incentive to perform in the sanfl to give yourself a chance of playing afl has disappeared for a lot of players.
It's unfortunate that the exact same philosophy that destroyed the club 5-6 years ago, is permeating it's way through the club again.
There is very little reward for playing well in the sanfl and the impression of the chosen few for afl, has taken the edge off performance in the club again
Good form must be rewarded. There is a window of opportunity when a player is in form that must be rewarded. Nicks said these exact words earlier in the year and has now back tracked. I wonder if the conservatism is solely nicks or whether there is some involvement from above.

Also shows we should try a Berg & Thilthorpe ruck/forward option during this year.
What's funny BRL121 ?

You are comfortable with ROB taps to advantage... of the opposition.

We should be looking to try different things in rebuild mode.

What's funny BRL121 ?

You are comfortable with ROB taps to advantage... of the opposition.

We should be looking to try different things in rebuild mode.
Did you see today's game? Quoting stats to claim Berg should get a game in the AFL is ludicrous, considering that he was awful and rag-dolled in SANFL.

Did you see today's game? Quoting stats to claim Berg should get a game in the AFL is ludicrous, considering that he was awful and rag-dolled in SANFL.
He actually looked completely tanked after half a quarter of ruckwork..

didnt even make it to a boundary throw in at one stage.. and then later he had his back turned and was looking over to the other side of the field and missed another boundary throw in..

laziest footballer you’ll find is the “big easy”…

didnt even make it to a boundary throw in at one stage.. and then later he had his back turned and was looking over to the other side of the field and missed another boundary throw in..

London Yes GIF by Lord's Cricket Ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you watched ROB's hit outs to advantage...

Guess not...

Dangerfield was happy in the 1st half last week.

maybe the old system with the mini draft was a better way to develop players. forced accountability, got players used to different styles etc etc. i dont think having standalone sides has helped development any more than previously.

No doubt.

just ridiculous the way the umps treat us.. blatant cheating.

but we all know its not gonna happen unless the AFL do it..

the sanfl arent gonna give up their cash c(r)ow unless forced to..
Settle down, you had a great ride with the umps in the first half, it evened up slightly in the second half. I know Adelaide are often on the wrong side of the free kick count but that wasn’t today, pull your skirt down and relax.

The bloke has no muscle on him. How could you be a professional footballer after 6 years or however long he's been with us and still have no muscle on your frame. He is pushed around and a waste of space. Get him out of the joint.

Without going through the entire thread, who did we think was good?

Worrell seemed a class above to me. Cook did a reasonable amount right, though the goals were a little bit through fortunate free kicks. Harry and Dowling also seemed to catch the eye.

Pity about the injuries. Not sure that Keane offers enough in one-on-one contests - he's losing more than his share. Not sure if the forwards didn't offer options or the mids didn't lower their eyes, but we lost some system and just kept going long, which meant our forward entries were rubbish.

Worrell seemed a class above to me. Cook did a reasonable amount right, though the goals were a little bit through fortunate free kicks. Harry and Dowling also seemed to catch the eye.

Pity about the injuries. Not sure that Keane offers enough in one-on-one contests - he's losing more than his share. Not sure if the forwards didn't offer options or the mids didn't lower their eyes, but we lost some system and just kept going long, which meant our forward entries were rubbish.
Worrell, Cook and Dowling. Harry did a few nice things and certainly a level above SANFL but still too many poor decisions for mine. Also liked Borlaise marking in defence.

Who got injured?

C'mon. When Strachan was there he was absolutely dominant in the ruck contests.

Losing him was really problematic for our structure.
Nope, far from it re his individual performance to that point, the 195cm Amos Doyle was more than competitive.

The time is long overdue for list management to have a serious look at our ruck situation...Strachan is not the answer. ROB is a very competitive AFL ruck, however he is not a great ruckman but he's clearly better than Strachan.

Nope, far from it re his individual performance to that point, the 195cm Amos Doyle was more than competitive.

The time is long overdue for list management to have a serious look at our ruck situation...Strachan is not the answer. ROB is a very competitive AFL ruck, however he is not a great ruckman but he's clearly better than Strachan.
Hamish has had opportunities to draft a young ruck numerous times and hasn’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2023 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Back