Prediction 2023 All Star Game - Indigenous vs World. Who plays and who wins?

Which team wins the 2023 All Stars game?

• Indigenous

• World

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry but I completely disagree. Idun, Aleer, Hall, JJ, Cox, Khamis, Chol, Oea, Andrew, Amartey, Brown, Rat, Owens and Davies have no place in a side like this. They simply aren't good enough (yet, for a couple). Did you list Sheezel because he's Jewish?

There has to be a threshold for how good you are in this side. It's an international side not a non-European heritage side.
See your point but it won't pan out that way. It will be a mix of all cultures. Just would hate to see lots of English/ Scottish in there. The AFL would get in trouble if they do I rekon.

I think you're missing the point. It's an exhibition game, you want to show off the best. Why exclude guys that are actually born overseas that are at a very good level like McKenna for guys like Conor Idun who is basically a fringe defender in the side that finished 16th?

Every player I listed in the starting 18 are regular senior AFL players, no reserves players there and the team includes a number of All Australians and is actually multicultural. Not white bloke born overseas, moved to Australia at 2 years old and were raised like every other white Australian.

Every player I listed in the starting 18 are regular senior AFL players, no reserves players there and the team includes a number of All Australians and is actually multicultural. Not white bloke born overseas, moved to Australia at 2 years old and were raised like every other white Australian.
Regular?

Leek Aleer has played 4 AFL games.
Buku Khamis played 8 games this year to take him to 9 games in his career.
Sam Oea has played 5 games of AFL.

It includes 5 All Australians... All of which were in my side. You've listed several players who will be lucky to be on an AFL list in 12 months time.

Thanks for doing that, the only issue I have is that's the whitest world team going around. I think to serve it's purpose it needs to promote to other cultures and that AFL is played in large numbers by multicultural communities, the whitest bloke in the world Jack Reiwoldt running around somewhat defeats the purpose (i know reverse racism). I'd be putting all the Sudanese, African, middle eastern players in before the Anglo guys born overseas and in that indigenous team I'd have tippa as he is an indigenous hero. I think we'd more be looking at a game of showing off the stars and cultures as opposed to who will win.

So you pretty much want an Indigenous v rest of dark skin people team? It won’t be a competitive match.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Regular?

Leek Aleer has played 4 AFL games.
Buku Khamis played 8 games this year to take him to 9 games in his career.
Sam Oea has played 5 games of AFL.

It includes 5 All Australians... All of which were in my side. You've listed several players who will be lucky to be on an AFL list in 12 months time.

All those guys finished the season in the seniors, Khamis the only one that didn't.

All those guys finished the season in the seniors, Khamis the only one that didn't.
Two players that finished the last couple of games in the seniors in two teams that didn't make finals. It's almost as if they're young blokes who showed a bit in the reserves and got games at the end of the season.

Regulars play more AFL than VFL. None of those three count as "regulars"

So you pretty much want an Indigenous v rest of dark skin people team? It won’t be a competitive match.

Yeah i wouldn't mind the mulitcultural team actually looking mulitcultural though. Apologies if that is racist. I don't think the average viewer is gonna see jack reiwoldt and go investigating where this most aussie bloke around from Tassie was born 30 years ago.

The game will be competitive enough, it's a game to show off the diversity in the AFL, not who will have the stronger team to knock off the dangerous indigenous side, the result doesn't matter too much.

Yeah i wouldn't mind the mulitcultural team actually looking mulitcultural though. Apologies if that is racist. I don't think the average viewer is gonna see jack reiwoldt and go investigating where this most aussie bloke around from Tassie was born 30 years ago.

The game will be competitive enough, it's a game to show off the diversity in the AFL, not who will have the stronger team to knock off the dangerous indigenous side, the result doesn't matter too much.

I can’t even think of a full team for the non-indigenous team if whites aren’t allowed.

Fair enough, as long as Martin is in I don’t mind

Actually Richmond (including indigenous) probably have the most multicultural team in the comp, the only other one I would think of that would come close is Gold Coast, but not sure. It's a credit to them, as some clubs have stayed away from drafting indigenous players in the past few years, where as the tigers won flags off the back of it.

Sorry but I completely disagree. Idun, Aleer, Hall, JJ, Cox, Khamis, Chol, Oea, Andrew, Amartey, Brown, Rat, Owens and Davies have no place in a side like this. They simply aren't good enough (yet, for a couple). Did you list Sheezel because he's Jewish?

There has to be a threshold for how good you are in this side. It's an international side not a non-European heritage side.
Jewish is an ethnicity - safe-ish assumption that he's an ethnic Jew given he's non-practicing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure nobody but me cares but as a proud Dutch-Australian, I thought I'd put together a team of V/AFL players who are Dutch (by heritage) or born in the Netherlands. Would be a much stronger team if I could add some SANFL/WAFL legends but stuck to V/AFL. I'm sure there would be plenty more out there but heritage/birthplace has not been well documented in our sport.

B: N. Vlastuin, B. Rutten, A. de Wolde
HB: N. van Berlo, S. de Koning, M. de Boer
C: D. Pearce, A. Swallow, R. Vandenberg
HF: J. de Goey, P. van der Haar, C. van der Bist
F: D. Hale, R. Klomp, C. Zurhaar
R: M. Kreuzer, S. Verbeek, D. Swallow
I: T. de Koning, J. van Es, A. Vandenberg, J. van Rooyen

Last edited:
Thanks for doing that, the only issue I have is that's the whitest world team going around. I think to serve it's purpose it needs to promote to other cultures and that AFL is played in large numbers by multicultural communities, the whitest bloke in the world Jack Reiwoldt running around somewhat defeats the purpose (i know reverse racism). I'd be putting all the Sudanese, African, middle eastern players in before the Anglo guys born overseas and in that indigenous team I'd have tippa as he is an indigenous hero. I think we'd more be looking at a game of showing off the stars and cultures as opposed to who will win.
Why is skin colour an issue to you? Surely a world team should encompass the best players from all parts of the world regardless of skin colour, no? More than half of our nation's population that were born here are of European descent and there's another 10-20% of the national population who were born in Europe and moved here at some point in their life. Doesn't it make sense that a world team would reflect the fact that the majority of our multicultural society is made up of people of European descent? or does Jack Riewoldt's skin colour make him less deserving of cultural recognition in your eyes?

Jack Riewoldt's grandparents were born and raised in Germany and the Riewoldt family is very proud of their German heritage so why shouldn't that be celebrated just as much as one of the African immigrants that took up the game when they arrived in Australia? The likely scenario when the Riewoldts arrived in Tasmania was that they were probably encouraged to play soccer through their family connections but instead found themselves playing our great game of Australian rules football. The four Riewoldt brothers played footy in Tasmania and Queensland before having kids of their own who became stars of the game at the professional level. That's just one example of a family with little to no historical connection to our great game who found their way into the footy history books and will be remembered forever.

There's also the fact that there are people of all skin colours who come from different parts of the world e.g. South Africans of English/Dutch ancestry that were born in Africa but look European... are they less deserving of a spot in this world team because of their skin colour? Anyway, a lot of the best current and past players of our game are first or second generation Australians; Dustin Martin (New Zealand/Maori), Touk Miller (USA), Jason Akermanis (Croatia), Anthony Koutoufides (Greece), Peter Daicos (Macedonia), Dermott Brereton (Ireland), Stephen Silvagni (Italy), Daniel Kerr (India), Alex Rance (India), Mal Michael (Papua New Guinea), Dayne Zorko (Slovenia), Nic Naitanui (Fiji) etc. I feel recognition of their cultural backgrounds is just as important in terms of contributions to our great game.

I think we should be celebrating all cultures that have made their way into our game, not trying to reach an arbitrary quota of players with a particular skin colour. The best players should be chosen based on their ability, not on their skin colour.

State of Origin

Must be succinct. All states must be included

Division 1
Vic, SA, WA, Qld

Division 2
NSW, Tas, NT, ACT
ACT could merge with NSW. Controversial "World Team" can take the spot

Played as a pre-season magic round - call it "Origin Gather"

Games are 2 X 20 minute halves. 8 on bench

Thursday
1. NSW v Tas
2. NT v ACT

Friday
3. SA v WA
4. Vic v Qld

Saturday
W1 v W2 - div 2 champion
L1 v L2

Sunday
W3 v W4 - div 1 champion
L3 v L4

Play it once every 4 years

State of Origin

Division 1
Vic, SA, WA, Qld

Division 2
NSW, Tas, NT, ACT

Thursday
1. NSW v Tas
2. NT v ACT

Friday
3. SA v WA
4. Vic v Qld

Saturday
W1 v W2 - div 2 champion
L1 v L2

Sunday
W3 v W4 - div 1 champion
L3 v L4

NSW/ACT would beat Queensland pretty comfortably

State of Origin

Division 1
Vic, SA, WA, Qld

Division 2
NSW, Tas, NT, ACT

Thursday
1. NSW v Tas
2. NT v ACT

Friday
3. SA v WA
4. Vic v Qld

Saturday
W1 v W2 - div 2 champion
L1 v L2

Sunday
W3 v W4 - div 1 champion
L3 v L4

I do like the half games idea, if they were to play it as a round robin type tournament. But yeah it would all need to be done in one weekend.

I would also divide Vic into country and metro otherwise the result is a fate accompli, and get rid of ACT, they can play for NSW.

If you wanna make the team stronger though, you could add in Irish, as those guys are anglo but born and lived most of their lives overseas, so are true internationals.

Irish: Touhy, McKenna, i think about 10 others in the comp ..................
WOW. Go an tell an Irishman that they are 'Anglo'. Report back with how it goes lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2023 All Star Game - Indigenous vs World. Who plays and who wins?

Back