Player Watch 2023 Father Son player watch - McCabe, Dear and Maginness

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I keep deleting posts referencing this, but can we move away from suggesting or making juvenile jokes about the bloodlines of players.

This is a public forum and parents of players do read here.

Dear, can he nominate us, we nominate him?
Two developing kpp via father son… Thankyou!!

Dear and McCabe

And being that Dear is a late bloomer and quite speculative, we can probably take him with a very late pick.

When we win our next premierships want to see Day, McCabe, Finn and Dear in a pic together holding cups ……. that would be a nice footy romance moment 😀🤞. Finn’s 3rd generation his pop also played for the mighty Hawks 😊
Yes and his Grandmother brainwashed and taught hundreds of school kids the hawks way! She changed my life, thanks Mrs Maginness, I'm forever grateful.

Hawthorn father-son prospect Calsher Dear, son of the late Hawks champion Paul, added to a strong end to his draft season with 13 disposals, 14 hitouts, four inside 50s and two goals in the win, showing off his aerial dominance and long-range kicking at Ikon Park.

Dear could be part of an exciting draft crop for the Hawks in 2023, with fellow father-son talent Will McCabe (son of Luke) and Next Generation talent Tew Jiath both linked to the Waverley club

Hawthorn father-son prospect Calsher Dear, son of the late Hawks champion Paul, added to a strong end to his draft season with 13 disposals, 14 hitouts, four inside 50s and two goals in the win, showing off his aerial dominance and long-range kicking at Ikon Park.

Dear could be part of an exciting draft crop for the Hawks in 2023, with fellow father-son talent Will McCabe (son of Luke) and Next Generation talent Tew Jiath both linked to the Waverley club
I hope we take Dear, so much potential.

Kill-joy.
Better that people don’t expect him to be taken than melt incessantly on draft day when he gets left on the table and they can’t understand why.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better that people don’t expect him to be taken than melt incessantly on draft day when he gets left on the table and they can’t understand why.
Mate, they are going to melt on draft day anyway, as soon as we select someone who is not on their list of preferred options. Happens every year. As for Dear, I hope we can rookie him, but I trust the list management guys to make the right calls.

Mate, they are going to melt on draft day anyway, as soon as we select someone who is not on their list of preferred options. Happens every year. As for Dear, I hope we can rookie him, but I trust the list management guys to make the right calls.
****ing oath...No wizard and we burn Waverly to the ground.

Don’t get your hopes up on Dear.
…..too late

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

I think there is a bit of a romance factor with Dear especially considering his father passed not that long ago. Probably also amplified that the Dear name came from that glorious era where we won so many premierships yet have had so little father-sons.

I must admit I haven't seen much of him playing to get any sort of read of what he is like as a footballer, but I too am swept up with the idea of seeing another Dear in the Brown and Gold even if it was just one game.

I hope he makes it but either way I'm sure his Dad would of been proud.

Does anyone know if a F/S eligible draftee (ie. Dear) isn't drafted at all in the national or rookie drafts, do they maintain F/S priority selection status in the following MSD and/or next years ND?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back