Discussion 2023 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t exactly going out on a limb but I was red hot on Rachele in his draft year, classy as * and a bit of swagger about him.
I’ve finally started to see Adelaide in my mind as something other than a wooden spooner. I know it’s outdated now but they were spooners only I think 4 years ago? Maybe 3?

Midfield they’ve got the aging talent in Sloane but then some elite talent in Dawson and Laird. Jesus Dawson is a smooth mover got some pace and skill about him.

Forward line tex old bugger like a discount Hawkins or Riewoldt. Thilthorpe in the max king mould of 200+ 20 year old. Fogarty the dead eye 3rd tall like membrey and then the smalls.

Defence is no name though.

He looks a lot healthier this year. He looked like he was drinking a lot to cope with our s**t last year.
He was in a bad way last year.

Never had a problem with Ratts as a person, he's fantastic and probably one of the best in the comp for bringing a group together and creating a family environment within a club. Got his priorities in order for sure.

Ratts is just another guy much better as an assistant, doesn't have it him to be the main man of a competitive group. No shame in that. He was great when he arrived at St Kilda, probably with a list further along the road he'd be OK too, but we were too much for him.

Chris Scott asking the recently sacked Ratten if he's looking forward to the day he leaves footy, then "oh erm how DID you enjoy that day?"

That's a 10 seconds you'd want again, up there with Dermie asking Mitch Owens if his mum still cooks.

Ratts is just another guy much better as an assistant, doesn't have it him to be the main man of a competitive group. No shame in that. He was great when he arrived at St Kilda, probably with a list further along the road he'd be OK too, but we were too much for him.

Chris Scott asking the recently sacked Ratten if he's looking forward to the day he leaves footy, then "oh erm how DID you enjoy that day?"

That's a 10 seconds you'd want again, up there with Dermie asking Mitch Owens if his mum still cooks.
I reckon it was planned. Gerard mentioned a few weeks ago that the regular coaches can nominate someone to join them on the show and so I reckon Chris nominated Ratts and those questions were ready to go. It felt like them addressing the elephant in the room.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet another scandal the AFL have swept under the rug.

sweep-it-under-the-rug-bart-simpson.gif

Yet another scandal the AFL have swept under the rug.

sweep-it-under-the-rug-bart-simpson.gif
AFL didn’t sweep anything under the rug. There was only one party not willing to participate, which just so happened to be the ones who were the ones telling the story.

They damaged reputations with their allegations but didn’t have the decency to see through an investigation that would get to the bottom of it.

It’s a shame the AFL decided to settle with them, given they weren’t interested in being involved.

AFL didn’t sweep anything under the rug. There was only one party not willing to participate, which just so happened to be the ones who were the ones telling the story.

They damaged reputations with their allegations but didn’t have the decency to see through an investigation that would get to the bottom of it.

It’s a shame the AFL decided to settle with them, given they weren’t interested in being involved.
Could've put your house on this being the way it was going to end lol

Dont agree with any of them.
But that was the difference
8775FE1F-DE30-421E-9EB1-1B9549510395.jpeg

“Truly” pinned. Meanwhile Walsh only had one arm “pinned”.

Neither Walsh nor Hickey was injured.

We good with the MRO/MRP making completely subjective calls to the force used to “pin” arms?

It’s an idiotic reason to justify the ridiculous decision. Either they all are or none are and Parker’s tackle was no more dangerous than about 50 others from the weekend.

A think it’s a little more nuanced than that.

The complainants not wanting to participate in the process is pretty understandable given the whole thing happened under the AFLs watch and the AFL has a pretty huge conflict of interest in ensuring this doesn’t blow up.

Having said that, if the complainants don’t want to be involved in the process then there really can’t be any other outcome. For their to be any punishment there has to be a process, can’t be a process without the complainants.

A think it’s a little more nuanced than that.

The complainants not wanting to participate in the process is pretty understandable given the whole thing happened under the AFLs watch and the AFL has a pretty huge conflict of interest in ensuring this doesn’t blow up.

Having said that, if the complainants don’t want to be involved in the process then there really can’t be any other outcome. For their to be any punishment there has to be a process, can’t be a process without the complainants.
If that's the case then you've got to ask yourself why they went ahead with it at all, knowing the AFL were obviously going to be a part of that process.

To me it doesn't really matter that there's been no punishment, the public smearing of reputations is enough damage on it's own. Generally speaking, you can make up any old shit about someone and those things are hard to shake once enough people have heard about it - true or not.

If that's the case then you've got to ask yourself why they went ahead with it at all, knowing the AFL were obviously going to be a part of that process.

To me it doesn't really matter that there's been no punishment, the public smearing of reputations is enough damage on it's own. Generally speaking, you can make up any old s**t about someone and those things are hard to shake once enough people have heard about it - true or not.
I can’t speak for them but originally they were obviously looking to speak their truth and it was run by the club.

Much like the Collingwood investigation and Heritier (and a number of their indigenous players) had no interest in the process once the AFL got involved.

I don’t necessarily agree with the way this has been handled but I’m also not sure the idea of silencing victims (or complainants if you prefer) is the way to go either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back