Discussion 2023 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let’s not get too smug, the guy who built their list is now in charge of building ours!
I swear I heard SOS on radio say that people outside of recruitment had a say in the draft at Carlton lol

Let’s not get too smug, the guy who built their list is now in charge of building ours!
Been good so far with stocker and hammer so
carlton fc thumbs up GIF by Carlton Football Club

Apparently he's been incarcerated twice, before his AFL career, first time when he was 16, i'd have thought the dude would've have learn't through his football career how to be on the straight and narrow. Not guilty until it's been through the court system.
We knew he’d come from prison before the fairytale grand final call up. Could have been a great opportunity to set himself up for life and redeem the past.

A wee little reminder, two Coleman medallists up forward, the current All-Australian Brownlow medallist and an All-Australian former number one pick in the middle, former number one pick and All-Australian squad Centre Half Back and two All-Australian flankers down back. Seven players there, almost a third of their team.

I believe old mate Vossy was seen briefly this morning.

200 (20).gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A wee little reminder, two Coleman medallists up forward, the current All-Australian Brownlow medallist and an All-Australian former number one pick in the middle, former number one pick and All-Australian squad Centre Half Back and two All-Australian flankers down back. Seven players there, almost a third of their team.

I believe old mate Vossy was seen briefly this morning.

View attachment 1710644

It doesn't matter how many Pick 1's, AA's, Brownlow or Coleman Medalists you have in a team, if you only record 33 tackles for a game you won't win games.

Their list isn't the issue. Honestly the pressure that the players are under there along with a coach that is 20 years out of date and the confidence of their 2 star forwards is causing psychological cracks. If they had Lyon they'd be a top 4 side and heading for a serious crack at a flag.

They need someone like Emma Murray to go in and straighten their heads up. And a massive board clean out.

I swear I heard SOS on radio say that people outside of recruitment had a say in the draft at Carlton lol

Lethlean's only good move was overruling Libba on King. Not sure we have a better system.

It doesn't matter how many Pick 1's, AA's, Brownlow or Coleman Medalists you have in a team, if you only record 33 tackles for a game you won't win games.

To be fair to the Blues, the Dons move the ball so fast there is nothing left to tackle. They move it out into space and keep it moving. Pies are the same. It leaves the area as you lay a tackle.

Carlton's best footy is winning the inside contest, getting it to the outside and using their clean skills to kick/mark up the ground to one of the their gun tall forwards.

Essendon's best is frenetic fast movement and have the ball always moving quickly with heaps of run and gun. Carlton just couldn't get their game going against the Dons and played messy.

Still 6.16 to 13.8 says that they only needed their 2 Coleman medalists kicking straight and the result would have looked pretty different.

It all just seemed to fall apart in the third quarter. Six tackles. Six tackles for the whole quarter. Six tackles for the whole quarter for the whole team! The amount of space 2MP was finding himself in as a result was quite frankly comical.

He should've stayed at Freo, he's back to being an average AFL player.

I want to know who Freo's midfield/stoppage coach is.

Took Brad Hill to borderline AA. Then gave Acres the best years of his career.

Has turned James Aish into a more than handy winger and is bringing guys like O'Driscoll and Young into the mix.

Very good coach whoever that is.

The Carlton fans on their Autopsy are in agony, have to say I love it.

I love it

Their pain is beautiful, hope it lasts to eternity.

Every one of them except Margaret from Sunbury, the 90 y.o that is on SEN on a Saturday. Lovely woman who is a true supporter, fair and salt of the earth.

The others can GAGF'ED.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'll track her down and say "Joffa thinks you're OK", your one Blue fan will know how humble you are.

Their list isn't the issue. Honestly the pressure that the players are under there along with a coach that is 20 years out of date and the confidence of their 2 star forwards is causing psychological cracks. If they had Lyon they'd be a top 4 side and heading for a serious crack at a flag.

They need someone like Emma Murray to go in and straighten their heads up. And a massive board clean out.

As I've said a few times, it's club with the Blues, they actively sabotage themselves before a bounce happens even at training as everyonw wants a step up, sideways, back, twisted up a rectum, on a face, in the carpark, any which way. Much as the Dons have a slight fracture with the Dodo puffing his chest and "my wog balls are moist and enormous, fight me" the rest of them have wisened up since the doping days that one more screw up will have many heads rolling so do better. Blues haven't got that memo as they blow their own smoke up their own arse and believe it, then use the previously inserted rod to beat the person next to them as they have a cushier chair.

Any coach, I don't care who, that current Blues club kills their aspirations, it needs either a coming to Jesus moment for many or a tactical nuke, either or no intermediary to fix that club.

100% likely.

Board and upper management is toxic as all hell.

Amazing. And to think that this is where they were after R4!

View attachment 1710476

Since then they’re 1-8, with the only win being against West Coast.

They wouldn’t want to lose to the Suns next week, because after that they play Hawthorn, and if they get done there as well they’ll drop below them, to 3rd-last!
jizz in my pants GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back