List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am fine with delisting Sloane, Crouch, McAsey, Seed, Moose and Borlase.

I would move two of Newchurch, Murphy and Hately to the rookie list and delist one. We need to upgrade Murray to the main list.

That gives us 4 (or 3 if we don't trade our future first) main list spots, no (or one) rookie spots and 2 cat b spots.

If we need another list spot, Nank would be next in line to delist. IMO, bringing in any 70+ draftee over Nank would be a fail.

Delisting Nankervis would be a monumental stuff up in my opinion. Has size, marking ability, ferocious tackling, ‘Keays like’ levels of determination, 2 way running, and has some pace to him. Seems to have excellent football IQ too.
IMO he will play 150 plus games and quite a bit in the midfield.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anything more than 5 new faces would be a fail.

We have a first and 2 seconds but no third or fourth round picks for next year. With Welch coming in 2024, we could trade our future first for a 2023 first, but then couldn't trade out our second or third round picks for 2024.

So to get 6-8 new kids in the door, 2-4 of them would be from picks in the 70s or later. The hit rate for those picks is pretty poor. We would be better off keeping our 6th to 8th worst current players and back in their development.
If we can get two first rounders next year (our 2023 first and 2024 first) and our two second rounders we have a lot of leverage for 2023 or even 2024

We may be able to move up the order if necessary or alter pick mix with this hand.

The welsh situation if it continues means that we need to trade out of our early picks for 2023.

We may be able to get some late picks for 2024 with the releasing of some players who did not make the first part of our rebuild to help pay for welsh.

I would be looking at getting Redman back as well as enticing Harry Himmelberg to our team. A good swing man and cover if Murray and Butts stalls in their development.

Two first rounders provides us with real opportunities to get two quality players in the first round of the superdraft or maybe entice a player like Hollands - Gold Coast style - or Wanganeen Milera from St Kilda to our side.

Last edited:
Delisting Nankervis would be a monumental stuff up in my opinion. Has size, marking ability, ferocious tackling, ‘Keays like’ levels of determination, 2 way running, and has some pace to him. Seems to have excellent football IQ too.
IMO he will play 150 plus games and quite a bit in the midfield.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You would expect we would show patience with our project types giving them another contract... as there are no shortage of delsit options coming out of contract this year.

Be taking Himmelberg, fills a need and costs nothing, then we could get two gun mids this year by trading our 2024 first
Agree the other Berg would be a great get, but no reason why we shouldn't be targeting him & Redman as we have cap space & next year have plenty of list spots.

Agree the other Berg would be a great get, but no reason why we shouldn't be targeting him & Redman as we have cap space & next year have plenty of list spots.
Both would be awesome, but I’m keeping my expectations in check

When’s the last time we were able to get two bonafide quality signings in the one off-season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gone
Sloane
Hately
Crouch
Seeds
McPherson
McAsey

I'm still hopeful on the 2 strikeouts but certainly keep an eye on their progress ( if any)

I am very very comfortable releasing the other 4 - yes its a lot of experience but we are going to re-employ Rory in some high paid capacity so do it off field

Gone
Sloane
Hately
Crouch
Seeds
McPherson
McAsey

I'm still hopeful on the 2 strikeouts but certainly keep an eye on their progress ( if any)

I am very very comfortable releasing the other 4 - yes its a lot of experience but we are going to re-employ Rory in some high paid capacity so do it off field

Yeah, releasing Sloane, Crouch ,Mcasey and Seeds frees up 2.3 mil*, if we are going down the free agency/ poaching a mid route, that money comes in very handy to get the job done.

*according to media speculation

Eerily similar to Andy Otten. He lost his speed and agility after his ACL and never looked the same.
Nothing like the speed and agility Andy lost, not even in the same stratosphere..... fair dinkum get your eyes checked.

Nothing like the speed and agility Andy lost, not even in the same stratosphere..... fair dinkum get your eyes checked.

Lack of clarity on my part. Situation is eerily similar to Andy Otten who lost his speed and agility.

Doedee's situation is very similar in that they both had a break out season and then did their ACL early the following season.

Andy Otten never looked the same. Doedee hasn't improved let alone had a season as good as he had in 2018.

Although - maybe the ACL injury from 4 years ago has affected his balance - dude can't keep his feet to save his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back