List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I reckon Walker and Sloane are on more than whats quoted in that article
based on what? Source?

600k for an over 30 Walker - i cant imagine he is on more than this

And Sloane salary structure - which was speculated to be around 800k per year - could easily have been front loaded the last 2 years making 2023 a lower than average figure

Yes for sure coming into the twlight of their careers..
Tex still looks like he could win a game off his own boot but Rory not even close now
rory has been big in the last quarters of good wins this year (Power game and at least one more) as acknowledged by Nicks. Clearly Tex is much more important overall though

That's faur, I think in the industry you would get a good feel for if you were just being used or were a genuine chance. We probably know either way.

I don't think he will leave the bombers. You would think it would take something fairly substantial for him to leave a big Melbourne club who appear to be improving.
look Fog has been this years biggest disappointment to me. 6 years in now and has regressed from the second half of last year - and Tex is a MUCH MUCH better player still at a ripe old age

EDIT sorry quoted wrong person

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance.
yep especially reading the Herald Sun top 100 players article today states it was a front ended contract for Rory

RORY SLOANE​

ADELAIDE, 33

$600,000-$700,000​

Sloane is in the last season of a five-year deal and has turned back the clock after injuries, playing his usual style of strong-bodied football. The front-ended deal is coming to an end but there is no reason Sloane won’t play on.

And grab Williams as a free agent and plonk him on that wing.
Definitely. Redman and Williams in would greatly improve the side..

Apart from that Murphy and Keays are probably the other two I want to see ungraded.
Smith gets replaced by Redman.
Sholl gets replaced by Williams.
Sloane eventually gets pushed out of the side by Pedlar going into the midfield.
Walker keeps going until Welsh is in his second year and capable of contributing.

So we need players for Murphy and Keays.

Anyone on our list or will drafting and trading be the answer?
Dowling, Nankervis, McHenry (rather than sub), Cook, Schoenberg seem most likely from within.

But it's not like the club won't be able to target and draft 2-3 likely best 22 types every year now going forward.
Weight of numbers might see the good work we have done between 2018 and now result in that flag.

Why cant Redman become our next midfielder?

Articles from his draft year state "Redman, a linebreaking 187cm, 77kg wingman who is equally at home on a half-back or half-forward flank"

and "A good size at 187cm, Mason Redman can either play as a high half-forward or as a big-bodied midfielder around the ground. He is strong overhead and clean on the lead."

Wont get a look in as a mid with Essendons line up, bit like Dawson at Sydney.

Retain Doedee, trade Sholl, Worrall plays back till Doedee is fit, then is ready made for Smiths retirement, Hinge and Redman on the wings.

Take these articles with a huge grain of salt. They're 90% guesswork by AFL journos. Most that i've been able to cross check in the past have been laughably wrong.

Teams spend a lot of time and effort trying to work this type of thing out, trying to work out what a rival team's salary cap position is, what players might be underpaid and potentially open to poaching etc. The thought that a couple of journos could whip together an accurate list of all those player salaries is ridiculous. Clubs do not talk to journos about this type of thing. Never ever ever. The AFL is even more tight lipped than the Clubs.

So the only source of info they have is player agents, who have their own motivations for telling the journos anything. A lot of player agents are pretty suspect individuals as well.

Take these articles with a huge grain of salt. They're 90% guesswork by AFL journos. Most that i've been able to cross check in the past have been laughably wrong.

Teams spend a lot of time and effort trying to work this type of thing out, trying to work out what a rival team's salary cap position is, what players might be underpaid and potentially open to poaching etc. The thought that a couple of journos could whip together an accurate list of all those player salaries is ridiculous. Clubs do not talk to journos about this type of thing. Never ever ever. The AFL is even more tight lipped than the Clubs.

So the only source of info they have is player agents, who have their own motivations for telling the journos anything. A lot of player agents are pretty suspect individuals as well.

Its all BS. Its probably a combination of leaks from player management during trade week, contract negotiations and process of elimination of draftees, rookies wages. I would say player manager leaks to media about contract offers from rival clubs would make up a bulk of the research here. There probably is also leaks from inside AFL house. That place is the least professional professional sporting organisation on the planet and sure as shit, if you want everyone to know your secret, tell someone in AFL house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back