List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can almost bet your house it will be a Port v Pies GF now.
Will Smith Reaction GIF

Good to see all parties negotiating in good faith, and a fair outcome for both sides I’d say.

Fairly sure we’d be able turn one of those F1s into a 1st rounder this year if we wanted to, so thinking getting this done strengthens our hand with Saints and the threat of the PSD. We don’t necessarily need some second rate pick for Henry just so we can improve our hand, we can do that ourselves with our future picks.

Onus is back with Saints to come up with a suitable trade now I think.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So that leaves just 11 players from the Ross Lyon era left.

Walters, Fyfe, Taberner, A Pearce, Hughes, Ryan, Cox, Darcy, Banfield, Brayshaw, Switkowski

3 of them are genuine list cloggers that JL and the List management keep them around like there deadset Elite players.

So. Did. I.

But apparently that proviso was lifted before the AFL finalised it. Dodgy as.

The threat from the AFL to review the picks remains, but since they no longer have the picks there is no need to review them - which was the goal.

The picks won't disappear for the new clubs but they might have for North, so they move on their free value for actual value now.

"It's obviously disappointing to see Lachie depart after seeing him arrive at pick 57 in 2018 and develop into the player he is today," Fremantle Head of Player Personnel David Walls said.

"In return, we have boosted our draft hands this year and next. We have three first round picks for 2024 as well as pick 34 in 2023, which is our highest current pick in the draft.

"We know Lachie loved his time at Fremantle and we were understanding of his reasons for returning to Victoria.

"It was a smooth process working through the trade with Collingwood, Lachie and his management and we wish Lachie, Maddie and their families all the best."

Slight dig at St Kilda and Colin Young there???
I am starting think David Walls is overrated on here by some.

He has been in the role for how long now.

It shouldn't take you more then 4 years to build a competitive list competing for finals regularly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was kinda hoping Schultz would be done after Henry, keeping that booty out of the discussions. Could unlock it though with pick exchanges and wotnot.

Can't keep building, the list has to be ready at some point. Really hoped a player would be coming back.

All good to have 3 x 1st rounders for next year but need a plan that doesn't involve drafting an 18 year old.

It shouldn't take you more then 4 years to build a competitive list competing for finals regularly.

You would think that given the bounty Gold Coast and GWS received when they joined the league that they would have been playing finals for years then.

Hope to * Fremantle don’t entertain anything more the two first rounder for McDonald.
Not a need- just like Jackson.
Not even that good. Massively, MASSIVELY overrated
But don’t be surprised if it’s three.
He kicked 32.15 this year... he's improving his output every season as a young key KPF does.

Id back him in to be pretty special up front with amiss.

Edit: But yeah i would want to be paying more than 2 1stz for him.

So. Did. I.

But apparently that proviso was lifted before the AFL finalised it. Dodgy as.
Very weird, Their extra picks last year were only given on a condition if they were traded which was lucky for us because we would've got nothing for Logue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back