List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
the thing is the thing he’s dealing with…isn’t predictable…

however some flexibility with club would be handy
All the more proof that this club is cursed.

In talks for a contract extension with everyone on the same page but of course it doesn't get sorted before this happens.

And yes I understand I'm being insensitive but as long as this remains ambiguous then I will continue to be insensitive. Because no situation requires a request specifically to collingwood.

Nothing Freo has said this period makes me think 18 or a future 1st cuts it. We want to move up the draft, Collingwood can find a way to get pick 10 off GC. Hell, apparently pick 8 from Geelong is up for grabs. It's like pick 14 on draft night which is barely appropriate range anyway.

By reports, we appear to have been surprised by this request, the last time a contracted player surprised us with a request in trade period and actually got traded, we got Andy Brayshaw.
18 and a future first?

This is a horrible time of the year, not only do you have to contemplate losing a real battler who made good and has kicked more goals for us in the last 4 years than anyone else and been a real "wear his heart on his sleeve player" but you have to then wander onto other club forums such as Collingwood's who just say the deal is automatic and we will just accept anything offered.

How many years would you have given him in 2021?
It’s the inconsistent approach to different players i can’t stand.
As a rule - if you play every game for a season, you should be secure for the next 2 years. Especially once you hit the 30 game mark, and Schultz has been a nice incremental improver over time.
3 year deals are for your top 12 or so players in the club. I felt Schultz joined this bracket in 2022 actually. Switta did and signed a 3 year deal. They are very similar in value actually.

What I hate is someone like Worner getting 2 more years in July having never played a game, but Sturt who is far more talented, had to play 11 games to trigger a one year extension? Make it make sense …
If worner is signed for the next 2 years, then **** me - Sam Sturt should be. Mark my words - we will have trouble securing Sturt next year if he plays like he finished this season.

Pick 1 of these options.

Fyfe and Walters $400k x2 years each.

Or

You give Schultz $400k x4 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would I prefer to keep Schultz, absolutely, but sometimes you have to think outside the square and make the most of a bad situation.
You would think we have some experience with doing this.

I know that there's anger about spuds getting long-term deals while Schultz wants out, but those spuds only get long-term deals because there's not a whole lot of suitors so they'll take security over pay per year 10/10 times. Karl Worner, believe it or not, is on less money than Lachie Schultz.

We've shown that when players want to really commit to the team and we want them to stay, they stay (see Amiss' extension in particular as an example: signed his 3rd contract before his 2nd contract started). If Lachie Schultz said "I'll sign a 4 year deal on comfortably above league average money", tomorrow we re-sign him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NGL, I am not happy about this.

Sympathetic of the reasons if true, but **** you Lachie for blindsiding and nominating 1 club. I just can't take that seriously.

If Fremantle trade three first round picks for Logan McDonald just after the weekend, what's the mood?

That's Freo F1, Port F1, Pies 1st.

I'll punch on. Way too much for a dude that hasn't done it yet.

still going to get the same player later as you’d get at 18, as freo don’t have access to the academy or father/sons
Wot? You mean also with all of the free agency compo picks and north shittruck picks thrown in there? There’s more than just nga and f/s ****ing with this draft.

(Yeah, I’m in a mood).

Sympathetic of the reasons if true, but **** you Lachie for blindsiding and nominating 1 club. I just can't take that seriously.

Would have a lot more sympathy if it was a simple explore his options in victoria. revealing the news with a club already locked it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Doesn't look fit to tie Amiss' shoelaces with what he's shown so far. You don't leave a tall forward with 'gun' potential outside of your GF team, ie, the team that you pick witih it ****ing matters, if he's a certified gun. I'd be livid if we spent anywhere close to that.

He's band 2 as an UFA next year, so Collingwoods 1st this year is worse than what we'd get next year given all the bids. I don't see how that moves that needle.

I'd think something that will actually be in the range to pick a top end small forward this year would be the minimum, with a little something extra.

At this point, it has to net us Collard. At least that dude has openly torched the idea of going interstate. We might be able to keep him until 28 before he asks to move to Melbourne.

I feel this is one of those times when a player should name multiple clubs.

Snap.

Melbourne and North have 13 and 14 respectively and picks on the 20’s. I’d accept one of each and send them 44 back

even still they are moving back 3-4 picks. 13 will be at least 17

Listening the the backchat clip with Schofield is t pretty from a FFC point of view. There was some thing else too that Schultz started to say, then stopped himself. I wonder that it was.
The error of judgement was made in late 2020 by delisting him. Schultz, Banfield and Bewley were all delisted and re-rookied. Some of the luminaries that could have been delisted instead of Lachie at that time included:

Luke Valente
Taylin Duman
Stefan Giro
Reece Conca
Trav Colyer
Connor Blakely
Mitch Crowden.

Hindsight hero stuff I know but it was an error not to pick one of the above for delisting ahead of Schultz

Is it really hindsight hero stuff to suggest a 21 year old that played every game shouldn’t be delisted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back