List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone in here keeps saying "Keep him and then let him go next year"

Are y'all just assuming we won't try to convince him to stay? 12 months is a long time.

Schulz had to start somewhere.

What’s with the negativity he can play at the level

You’ll get more data next year when he’s running around in the pocket Schulz left for him

I posted previously that Emmett ranks 5th in the league for score involvements average per game (or something similar) for forwards.

But we don't know yet.

The saints pick 21 is right on the money of reasonable. Watch it drag out when there’s no point unless Saint genuinely value him at F3… in which case stuff them.

IF we manage to get 21 I near bet we do something dumb like offer 21 and Schultz for 19 and a F1 and think we did something.

Everyone in here keeps saying "Keep him and then let him go next year"

Are y'all just assuming we won't try to convince him to stay? 12 months is a long time.
Oh we'll be trying, but he would've made his mind up already. This isn't a Papley situation where it's his family member that he needs to be home for. It's his partners. Once she's got in her mind that she's moving back to Melbourne I don't think there's any turning back. Especially if she moves back there earlier to be with her family, like Lobb's partner did.

Oh we'll be trying, but he would've made his mind up already. This isn't a Papley situation where it's his family member that he needs to be home for. It's his partners. Once she's got in her mind that she's moving back to Melbourne I don't think there's any turning back. Especially if she moves back there earlier to be with her family, like Lobb's partner did.

And Tucker's

How many players have looked good in a couple of games and then turned into nothing? The only game he really impressed in was the Hawks game. That's one game. Keep Schultz another year and we get 22 games of Emmett to see if he's up to the level. If he's not, we have months to work on luring a replacement. Trade Schultz this year and we have a couple of low ranked 18 year olds that won't play a game all year. Then we're relying on a 2 game player to carry that load.

You really think getting pick 34 this year is worth all those risks?
Agreed...Emmett impressed at AFL level but had some very ordinary games at Peel...

If he kicks 75% of his goals from free kicks we will be in trouble. We need more data.
I posted previously that Emmett ranks 5th in the league for score involvements average per game (or something similar) for forwards.

But we don't know yet.
Time will tell but he has the same traits as Schulz & looks better by foot. Couple of those kicks he pulled off against the hawks were great.

I think not being open to changing his mind is a character flaw if that's the case, just seems immature.

I'm fine letting Schultz go if the offer is good enough and that is independent of how good Emmett is.

I personally don't think Lachie is the difference between finals or not and if he is, it's like the difference between 13-10 and 12-11. If we make finals its because many players take a step up.

How many players have looked good in a couple of games and then turned into nothing? The only game he really impressed in was the Hawks game. That's one game. Keep Schultz another year and we get 22 games of Emmett to see if he's up to the level. If he's not, we have months to work on luring a replacement. Trade Schultz this year and we have a couple of low ranked 18 year olds that won't play a game all year. Then we're relying on a 2 game player to carry that load.

You really think getting pick 34 this year is worth all those risks?
We played 5 small/medium fwds a game this year, and will draft more small fwds this year. With Schultz gone, we still have Walters, Freddy, Switta, Sturt, Emmett and Banfield, can easily play more mid-fwds or play 1 of our many inside mids that don't fit as a full-time mid as a fwd-mid, and whoever we draft might be able to contribute coz small fwds adapt to AFL level probably quicker than almost any other position (especially if we go the mature age route).

I agree with the principle of holding Schultz if what we're gonna get for him isn't significantly more than what we'd get in FA next year, but I really don't think it's as doom and gloom as being suggested.

Time will tell but he has the same traits as Schulz & looks better by foot. Couple of those kicks he pulled off against the hawks were great.

I think Schultz scored most of his goals from being on the end of other players' work - as all small forwards usually are. There certainly are goals as a result of a moment of individual brilliance, both for himself and creating for team mates, but most are on the end of the chain.

This is the exact reason a small forward can be drafted on Friday and play well at AFL level on Saturday.

We won't be able to replace his full impact, but we aren't going to be a player down. We need more goals out of the midfield.

I think not being open to changing his mind is a character flaw if that's the case, just seems immature.
I feel like we should've been trying to change his mind the second he requested the trade. Seems like he decided over the weekend, and told the club Monday. We then immediately go into talks with Magpies.

Obviously idk what goes on behind closed doors, but it looks like we didn't even try to convince him to stay. Didn't sit him and his partner down with club officials for a formal meeting detailing solutions to help and compromises to make him stay. Like what Brisbane did with Neale a couple years ago. They literally gave Neale and his wife everything they asked for to keep him. Doesn't even look like we tried.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember a few going crazy about Nyhuis when he debut. Very small sample size.

No Shultz no finals.
One player doesn’t make that big of a difference. Shultz is a role player, they’ll find someone to play in it.

Your making it out to sound like it Brayshaw serong or Darcy going

And most would say 19 & 33 is overs
What? I would say you are grossly underrating him: 30+ goals in low scoring side; rarely injured; number one tackler inside 50 competition wide, but most importantly, contracted.

That is top 10 pick (if we weren’t pushovers). 19 (actually 24) and 33 is a pretty disappointing return in my book.

I feel like we should've been trying to change his mind the second he requested the trade. Seems like he decided over the weekend, and told the club Monday. We then immediately go into talks with Magpies.

Obviously idk what goes on behind closed doors, but it looks like we didn't even try to convince him to stay. Didn't sit him and his partner down with club officials for a formal meeting detailing solutions to help and compromises to make him stay. Like what Brisbane did with Neale a couple years ago. They literally gave Neale and his wife everything they asked for to keep him. Doesn't even look like we tried.
We have no idea what the club tried. How many meetings have you sat in on between the club and his management?

Keep Shultz
Tank and play Emmett as much as possible
Trade Shultz next year
Get compensation pick
2 x top ~ 5 picks
Hope port suck and we get theirs

3 x 1st rounders
Logan in or a gun mid

Slingshot up ladder ... boom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have no idea what the club tried. How many meetings have you sat in on between the club and his management?
As I said, I have no idea what goes on behind closed doors. Just that the dialogue to come out of Brisbane vs us is completely different. The fact that the trade request happened and negotiations started immediately that day tells me that there was no "crisis meeting" to try and change his mind. And that we simply accepted there was nothing we could do because "family issues".

As I said, I have no idea what goes on behind closed doors. Just that the dialogue to come out of Brisbane vs us is completely different. The fact that the trade request happened and negotiations started immediately that day tells me that there was no "crisis meeting" to try and change his mind.
If the bolded doesn't highlight the problem with what you are saying, nothing I will can.

If the bolded doesn't highlight the problem with what you are saying, nothing I will can.
Has the club publicly come out and said they're trying to do everything they can to keep him? Or have they said they'll engage with his request?

Unless it's a top 12 draft pick, I want to stay away from this draft.

I rather have Collingwood's F1 for Schultz and F3, than 19,33 this year.

Have a year to convince some forwards or a wing and have 3 First Round picks plus 2025 F1, F2, F3 to trade.

Schultz must be the most underrated player even by Freo fans. Look at his stats (and I know stats aren't everything). As an all rounded small forward* he ranks 11th for goals 4th for disposals =1st for marks, 2nd for tackles. What else do you want? He is a top 10 small forward without the explosiveness of a Charlie Cameron that keeps in in shade. You couldn't name 10 small forwards that he is not better in at least area of the game and for most it would be two or three.

His loss is a huge blow.

* I didn't include Bolton or Heeney as they play significant midfield time.

Has the club publicly come out and said they're trying to do everything they can to keep him? Or have they said they'll engage with his request?
Not that I know of but IDGAF. 99% of trade stuff is behind closed doors, at least until it happens. This is no different.

Seriously, you're trying to flog a horse, and you don't even know whether the horse exists.

We can't avoid CSA

They are WA based so get a bunch of the WA based kids

Yes you can. TLA and Hemisphere have offices in WA now. Jason Dover and Tom Secull have a majority of the talented WA draftees the last couple of years.

Colin Young doesn’t even own CSA, he is only using their name to lure clients because of CSA large brand. Lol.

Young has been very quiet this trade period. It’s brand management for him. Parents are avoiding him like the plague.

What? I would say you are grossly underrating him: 30+ goals in low scoring side; rarely injured; number one tackler inside 50 competition wide, but most importantly, contracted.

That is top 10 pick (if we weren’t pushovers). 19 (actually 24) and 33 is a pretty disappointing return in my book.
He’s not worth a top 10 pick. Plus let’s be realistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back