List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
Only sharing this due to Georgiades coming into conversation, but he is having complications with his ACL recovery and might be going under the knife again for clean up. So negative for him personally and Port, but positive if you're looking to get him at a cheaper price.
Given the complications that would be a hard pass for me. Could rule him out for majority of 2024 and then missing large chunks of two seasons.

Only sharing this due to Georgiades coming into conversation, but he is having complications with his ACL recovery and might be going under the knife again for clean up. So negative for him personally and Port, but positive if you're looking to get him at a cheaper price.
It's been about two months since he did it and he's still on crutches. Not sure what he's had done since the reco but he should definitely be walking by now if it was a smooth recovery.

Might have been discussed already but assuming GC miss finals, would you give our future 1st for their pick this year?
Is the draft any good this year? I haven't been following but yes I would.

There's a huge push against doing ACL reconstruction in the physio world happening at the moment.

Wouldn't surprise me if we see some more conservative rehab in the coming years, nothing super soon, but next 10 years or so.

Also, something's definitely not right if Georgiades is still on crutches.

Yes if we have a target
I suppose if we did it we'd have someone in mind
Is the draft any good this year? I haven't been following but yes I would.
I honestly think the whole "is the draft any good thing" is a furphy because I swear it's guess work on a drafts overall quality until the kids actually get picked up.
Only if there was a specific player available - some quality small/mid forward or forward mid.

Edit: or top shelf winger
I think Nick Watson doesnt go as high people think because he's just so small so there might be half a chance we could get him with a pick from 6-10

There's a huge push against doing ACL reconstruction in the physio world happening at the moment.

Wouldn't surprise me if we see some more conservative rehab in the coming years, nothing super soon, but next 10 years or so.

Also, something's definitely not right if Georgiades is still on crutches.
Friend of mine did a complete rupture of his ACL, no surgery at all, and his latest MRI showed healing of the ACL. Was walking within a week of doing it.

How's he going with it now?

Curious because I'm getting to the age where the Avatar is about to take away my knee bending
To be fair he is 24 so probably a bit of a difference. Was only done in November last year and the most recent scan about a month ago.

Might have been discussed already but assuming GC miss finals, would you give our future 1st for their pick this year?
Melbourne have used that approach successfully (think Pickett). Buying their way back into the first round. I like it but would be more strategic as other posters have suggested … if a certain player we want is still on the table at their pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

depends where the draft brackets fall. Different each year. Twomey and Scott Lucas discussed this on SEN on the weekend.
There is a bracket of 1 (Reid) then the next batch has about 8 players in it. So the difference between picks 9 and 10 is larger as the talent pool moves from one batch to the next.

Friend of mine did a complete rupture of his ACL, no surgery at all, and his latest MRI showed healing of the ACL. Was walking within a week of doing it.
Can't tell you the exact rates off the top of my head but think about 70% heal on their own. Apparently there's an EPL player that was back in as little as 8 weeks.

Of course the only player in the AFL that I recall ever trying conservative management was Dale Morris and I think he lasted about 15 minutes of his return game before he reinjured his knee.

So I don't think we'll see it become a standard soon but I'd expect to see a few over the coming years.

Can't tell you the exact rates off the top of my head but think about 70% heal on their own. Apparently there's an EPL player that was back in as little as 8 weeks.

Of course the only player in the AFL that I recall ever trying conservative management was Dale Morris and I think he lasted about 15 minutes of his return game before he reinjured his knee.

So I don't think we'll see it become a standard soon but I'd expect to see a few over the coming years.

That man was tough, played a finals series with a fracture in his spine.

Apparently Liam Henry off to either Doggies, Saints or Dees.

Anyone else see the parallels between Henry and Acres?

After 2 ACL and a handful of games that cheaper price would need to be basically free. Like an end of 4th rounder....

After 2 ACL and a handful of games that cheaper price would need to be basically free. Like an end of 4th rounder....

2x ACLs?

When he had a big corkie in the U17s the thing calcified and needed surgeries. Perhaps he has a similar issue with another leg traumatic event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back