List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
I know now where you got that info. The Tradies podcast with Sam McClure. I think you are being disingenuous. It was just speculation, and they also said he might stay.
Yeah, I got that too. Throwing out possibilities.

On another note. Really enjoying that pod. Getting a good insight into the overall landscape of media and journalism. Some topper stories not afl related as well. Loved Sam’s dig at the crows too.

I'm tipping Henry will stay. He loves Freo and the only reason his name was being thrown around was he wasn't getting a game. If he keeps his form up he'll sign on as he'll have the belief he belongs here now.
He was floating his name around as a possible trade last year when he didn't deserve game time, combine that with Collin Young as a manager and anything could happen.

He was floating his name around as a possible trade last year when he didn't deserve game time, combine that with Collin Young as a manager and anything could happen.
It’s the way young operates. They went to ask for an extension, club wasn’t prepared to give him one yet so he started shopping him around.

I know now where you got that info. The Tradies podcast with Sam McClure. I think you are being disingenuous. It was just speculation, and they also said he might stay.

It was from the SEN article which I think was quoting that podcast, Also Twomey said something about how he thinks he’ll be in Victoria next year so I just put two and two together

It’s the way young operates. They went to ask for an extension, club wasn’t prepared to give him one yet so he started shopping him around.
He was actively looking to trade out his Freo clients because Jackson and O'Meara were coming to the club.

Also Henry's name is literally on a whiteboard to be traded in the documentary they did - they were most definitely pushing for it.

He was actively looking to trade out his Freo clients because Jackson and O'Meara were coming to the club.

Also Henry's name is literally on a whiteboard to be traded in the documentary they did - they were most definitely pushing for it.
Yes they were pushing for it, because he could not guarantee security at freo. Like what they did with Lobb. First approached freo about re-signing him for a couple years and freo didn't want to, so they started looking around. It's what he does. Probably not enough confidence in Henry to back himself in and earn a decent pay day with freo, so looking for the easy option to guarantee secrutiy. Same with Acres, Logue too.

If all these Victorian clubs are supposedly chasing Liam Henry then surely it drives his price up trade value wise?
You would think so but if he is leaving he would just nominate a team he wants to go to and since he's out of contract we would never really get proper value for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would think so but if he is leaving he would just nominate a team he wants to go to and since he's out of contract we would never really get proper value for him.
If he nominated a team and they just offered ridiculous unders id take my chances and let him go in the draft 😅.

If he nominated a team and they just offered ridiculous unders id take my chances and let him go in the draft 😅.
shit, I would too but a lot of teams are always hesitant to do it

It was from the SEN article which I think was quoting that podcast, Also Twomey said something about how he thinks he’ll be in Victoria next year so I just put two and two together
He also said that Henry hasn't made up his mind yet so it was a guess.

Unless he is keen to move interstate for non footy reasons, why would he have made up his mind yet? He will get to the end of the season, weigh up his options and decide. Freo will start making offers now and the longer it goes, the more security both parties get on future output / contract size.

It will be interesting what happens with Henry. It actually feels like a bit of a lose lose situation now. We are going to lose him for unders or have to pay overs to keep him. Similair to the Langdon and Acres situations...

He also said that Henry hasn't made up his mind yet so it was a guess.

Unless he is keen to move interstate for non footy reasons, why would he have made up his mind yet? He will get to the end of the season, weigh up his options and decide. Freo will start making offers now and the longer it goes, the more security both parties get on future output / contract size.

Yeah true, only time will tell. I think Liam would like the limelight of living in Melbourne but here’s hoping he stays and makes the wing his own

What is the holdup with resigning Treacy? The longer it drags out, it makes me wonder if we are looking at trading in another KPF and he is part of the trade going back the other way. ie: Treacy and F1 for Naughton*

Personnally I'd hope we resign Treacy and keep our draft captial.

*I'm terrible with trade valuations.

What is the holdup with resigning Treacy? The longer it drags out, it makes me wonder if we are looking at trading in another KPF and he is part of the trade going back the other way. ie: Treacy and F1 for Naughton*

Tayloresque valuation

Started talks a few weeks ago. Something should come about soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back