Preview 2023 National Draft Preview Thread [currently: #2, #14 (PA), #19 (PP) #40, #52, #60]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy all, come in peace just to offer the WCE fan perspective.

I think we all are desperate for Reid and the few of us who are open to trading down from Pick 1 are expecting more than what I'm assuming you'd be offering (Pick 2 and Port's pick)?

But we as a collective have little faith in our club making correct decisions atm so perhaps you're well in the hunt.

Ultimately, it seems silly to suggest any deal would already be agreed upon given other rival suitors are still playing footy! If a deal is done (God I hope not, will burn the club down) it would surely be a long way away.
Pick 2 and 14 (or whatever it becomes) is an amazing deal considering your position. What are the alternatives you think are possible?

Being serious here, I don't even know if we will part with pick 14 if we don't end up with that nga access (which would make that high pick less important and we would trade future second rounder for points in this draft)

Also, I think people saw that reid was human after all this past season, and not some out and out football god.

before i get my hopes up again on this whole reid stuff (who quoted from a fella in Tassie who apparently knows him is ‘a fckn machine’) how reliable is the info ?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

You just gotta have faith Mr Christ
Juke Box Guitar GIF by George Michael

Good relationship between the clubs
Would stop a lot of trade and draft speculation
Harley gets the respect of being first chosen
We'll likely send you a late pick or two as well especially if you have to match a Sanders bid
Meh. To all 4 points you make.

Pick 2 and 14 (or whatever it becomes) is an amazing deal considering your position. What are the alternatives you think are possible?

Being serious here, I don't even know if we will part with pick 14 if we don't end up with that nga access (which would make that high pick less important and we would trade future second rounder for points in this draft)

Also, I think people saw that reid was human after all this past season, and not some out and out football god.
Yeah I’m a bit curious/confused Carbine Chaos - do you not want Curtin or do you not rate him that highly?

Or do you see Reid having a higher ceiling in your team compared to Curtin?

If no, then that makes sense why you’d want a high bargaining price.

But if not, I think we would be silly to miss out on **Curtin (Reid), potentially Pick 3 and 14.

If Curtin wasn’t a WA player and as good a he is, this bargaining for the number one pick would be a whole lot easier.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I’m a bit curious/confused Carbine Chaos - do you not want Curtin or do you not rate him that highly?

Or do you see Reid having a higher ceiling in your team compared to Curtin?

If no, then that makes sense why you’d want a high bargaining price.

But if not, I think we would be silly to miss out on Reid, potentially Pick 3 and 14.

If Curtin wasn’t a WA player and as good a he is, this bargaining for the number one pick would be a whole lot easier.
I like Curtin mate but I've long been high on Reid because I think he and Hewett will make an amazing midfield pairing. Throw in Ginbey and Long and it's the start of a midfield I'll love watching in our colours for the next decade.

Once you've got your mind set on something the alternatives, even if they're reasonable, just never seem as enticing!

I like Curtin mate but I've long been high on Reid because I think he and Hewett will make an amazing midfield pairing. Throw in Ginbey and Long and it's the start of a midfield I'll love watching in our colours for the next decade.

Once you've got your mind set on something the alternatives, even if they're reasonable, just never seem as enticing!
Take it from our experience. When you have your number 1 pick liking tweets and posts about him leaving, and your team is getting smashed round in round out, it doesn't end up well. While you might earn that pick back the next year, it sets your development program back.

Yeah, I guess you’re right, and definitely understand. Well you can thank JHF for making it seem uneasy and not 100 percent smooth sailing for this one.

Take it from our experience. When you have your number 1 pick liking tweets and posts about him leaving, and your team is getting smashed round in round out, it doesn't end up well. While you might earn that pick back the next year, it sets your development program back.
The whole JHF situation sucked, but I don't think that can put you off taking chances with interstate kids at the top end in the future.

You have to back in your system long term. We've bounced back from the bottom of the ladder quickly before, I'm confident we can do it again in the next few seasons.

The whole JHF situation sucked, but I don't think that can put you off taking chances with interstate kids at the top end in the future.

You have to back in your system long term. We've bounced back from the bottom of the ladder quickly before, I'm confident we can do it again in the next few seasons.
There’s a difference between interstate kids and interstate kids that are vocal about not wanting to move interstate.

That context is why this is a story.

Mate, he has ruined the draft process. I honestly don't think that Reid would of been as agressive as he has been without JHF and his backroom shenanigans with port taking place.

Agreed. When Wardlaw liked the tweet about north winning the spoon it really is the start of something bad

There’s a difference between interstate kids and interstate kids that are vocal about not wanting to move interstate.

That context is why this is a story.
I don't have any concerns about retaining Reid if he comes over. Reid himself hasn't been vocal about wanting to stay in Victoria from what I've seen.

If he wants to leave eventually like Judd did then we'll be very well compensated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back