List Mgmt. 2023 National Draft prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon clubs may have doubts he plays as a mid at AFL level, and maybe more of a flanker. Also didn't seem to have a great champs when put against the best kids his age. I also noticed his rookieme draft profile has endurance as average, so I reckon his 2km tine may have been disappointing as well.
Few things there but you don't get to this stage of the draft without some things to work on. Seems a good kid who'll give himself the best chance.
Nice summary. I agree, as to why I asked.

Surely we take a KPD at 37.
That’s not how it works, you take best available, unless you’re trading up or down the draft order. What’s the point drafting a tall if they are not good enough to make the grade. Would you rather a Dane Swan late pick or a McCarty nobody.

We have a need in just about every position on the field. Best available is what we will take.

there used to be a limit on how many picks you could use for points

its total bs that gold coast could trade down all their points to picks at the end of the draft

i understand theres academy picks, but its supposed to be balances by picks being used for points

instead it means our picks of 19 and 33 become 25 and 37. ridiculous .

its total bs that gold coast could trade down all their points to picks at the end of the draft

i understand theres academy picks, but its supposed to be balances by picks being used for points

With less players being taken and zone selections pushing picks out third & fourth round picks don’t hold as much draft value yet the points they carry hasn’t changed. Reckon they need to tweak it, certainly remove points from fourth round picks and possibly have third round pick points cease once the pick is traded.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The concessions this year to shit sides has just been ridiculous. This obsession with having an even comp is ruining the talent pool, as the numbers dwindle, kids will turn to other sports. I'm over the whole thing

That’s not how it works, you take best available, unless you’re trading up or down the draft order. What’s the point drafting a tall if they are not good enough to make the grade. Would you rather a Dane Swan late pick or a McCarty nobody.

We have a need in just about every position on the field. Best available is what we will take.

Best available for Collingwood is what matters That would be Ollie Murphy or Logan Morris… and potentially address a long term KPP list need with those players

Or we arbitrarily take ‘best available’ mid and end up with another mid like Rantall or Goodyear who were only chosen because of their running ability

… and who will languish in the VFL til they are delisted

Best available… without taking into account positional need… is just lazy recruiting imo

Best available for Collingwood is what matters That would be Ollie Murphy or Logan Morris… and potentially address a long term KPP list need with those players

Or we arbitrarily take ‘best available’ mid and end up with another mid like Rantall or Goodyear who were only chosen because of their running ability

… and who will languish in the VFL til they are delisted

Best available… without taking into account positional need… is just lazy recruiting imo
It's a fair point, but you can pick for need and end up with McLarty or McMahan.

If we'd gone best available in the McLarty year apparently we would have gone Tom Stewart but the coaches wanted a genuine KPP.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 National Draft prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Back