Training 2023 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

The whisper I have heard is Bassett has reached out to Ratts ....... "Hey mate, how are you travelling ?
Wondering if you'd like to come back ? A spot has just opened up. No hard feelings and all that ........"
giphy.gif

BREAKING NEWS - Seek.com has put what we are looking for into their computer.

Computer says:

full

Walsh maybe leaving for personal reasons but from what I was told him and SOS don't get along
If he was unprofessional enough to throw away a multiple 6figure position on not getting along with an incoming list manager then he wouldnt be right for the role anyway.

Its like a tin foil hat factory in this place.

Read two minor references to Pou sustaining an injury this morning and all people can talk about it SOS coming and Walsh going 🤪

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that was fun while it lasted.

At least he’s overseen a whole lot of what will hopefully be positive changes, and also as someone else said been a big part in what was required to attract Lyon, and everyone else that flowed on from that.

Like how getting Blight made us attractive enough for Hamill and Gehrig and co to come, even though he only ended up being there a short time himself.

Hope he and his family are alright but you've just gotta laugh at us don't you. He said in a public interview months before the signing that he wanted a break from footy to focus on his family, surely Bassat knew this might arise upon hiring him.

I thought it was Sammm who broke the news on here , i must have missed Mow's post
i did, but i heard it form someone else on Santsational, so i just asked the question on this site in the hope they were wrong. Everyone said, yep it was Pat Welsh, maybe both were right.

Most people have jobs when they decide to take up another.

If he really wanted to get back into football I doubt he’d have any issues leaving Dick Johnson

Yeah, we can stuff up those old Queenslander’s plans

AtBV0lv.jpg

Hope he and his family are alright but you've just gotta laugh at us don't you. He said in a public interview months before the signing that he wanted a break from footy to focus on his family, surely Bassat knew this might arise upon hiring him.
Seems pretty obvious that there has been some significant and unexpected development on the family front, not just a change of heart about how much time he wants to spend with them.

Seems pretty obvious that there has been some significant and unexpected development on the family front, not just a change of heart about how much time he wants to spend with them.
Think it was obvious by his comments on other media that his family situation was ongoing and you'd expect the club to factor that in when bringing him over in an important role on a full time basis. Maybe they did, but from an outsiders perspective there doesn't seem to be much of a process with staff hiring lately so I would assume not.

Hard to see us getting someone better than Walsh so it's another step back for us.

Remember Lyon stating it was important that Walsh was in place before accepting the nomination?
Watch the dominoes unravel.
(Double metaphor: beat that gringo2011 !)

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2023 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back