Training 2023 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it was Gringo who said he might be a 'slow processor'. I think that's the main issue. Elite players are able to sum things up quickly and make a good decision. I'm a bit stupid in the moment too, so can relate. Do my best thinking after the event.

Raph was probably the worst in this regard. Any other contenders?

Anyway, I think Doogs is probably at his worst in the preseason, before things become automatic. He'll be right. Bit worried about him if we make a GF, but that might be wasted worry.
I hope you are worried AF leading up to approx. The last Saturday in September, I am putting my hand up to help with your worry.
Honestly I can not wait to worry the **** about how Doogs is gonna handle Grand final week...playing Full back for Saint Kilda in the years Grand Final...😍
Would be hanging out to watch Battle owning CHB in that game too...and NWM and Sinclair both showing their All Australian team selection skills.

Wilke. Doogs Webster/ Paton
NWM Battle. Sinclair

That's a very good looking back 7.

Wood/ Mackenzie Hunter Hill. Sexy looking midrift.

Last edited:
Ok so I mosied on down to training today to have a look and have a coffee.

First thing I noticed was king leading out and taking everything "one grabbed". He then went back and didn't miss one. Would have happened about 10 times.

Owens will kick 40 goals this year with the way he trains, kicked one off the ground from 50 Ronaldo style and went through post height.

Clark was dominating the middle, no one could touch him. Danced, pranced and slipped every tackle then proceeded to hit every player leading in the f50 on the tit. I fear opposition defenders this yeah will be helpless with that sort of kicking.

NWM and Sinclair started some drills and didn't miss a target. Those two are slipperier than a pair of eels in the local canal.

Dougal Howard's was marking everything in his direction and even took a massive hanger over Sharman. Whose nickname is apparently now Captain Smith....make of that what you will.

Windhager now has the same robotic hand from terminator 2. Not afraid to use it in a contest either, put a fend off on Steele and sent him flying over the fence.

From the centre square mind you.

Higgins and butler fed off anything that hit the ground. Much like seagulls....they ran....so far away...

And didn't miss

People saying Paton on the wing won't cut the mustard, well he was very saucy today. Multiple runs down the wing and hitting targets at will.

Phillipou is just a God among men. I saw him beat Roma in a hit out, roved it himself, took on 3 tacklers (including the now bionic Windhager) then roostered it post height from 60 off his non preferred.

Ross just smiled and said "that'll do pig, that'll do."

Now this may or may not have happened, but it seems no one else is going to put up a training review to refute me.

So you can take it to the bank and can go any training.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

First thing I noticed was king leading out and taking everything "one grabbed". He then went back and didn't miss one. Would have happened about 10 times.

Owens will kick 40 goals this year with the way he trains, kicked one off the ground from 50 Ronaldo style and went through post height.

Clark was dominating the middle, no one could touch him. Danced, pranced and slipped every tackle then proceeded to hit every player leading in the f50 on the tit. I fear opposition defenders this yeah will be helpless with that sort of kicking.

NWM and Sinclair started some drills and didn't miss a target. Those two are slipperier than a pair of eels in the local canal.

Dougal Howard's was marking everything in his direction and even took a massive hanger over Sharman. Whose nickname is apparently now Captain Smith....make of that what you will.

Windhager now has the same robotic hand from terminator 2. Not afraid to use it in a contest either, put a fend off on Steele and sent him flying over the fence.

Higgins and butler fed off anything that hit the ground. Much like seagulls....they ran....so far away...

And didn't miss

People saying Paton on the wing won't cut the mustard, well he was very saucy today. Multiple runs down the wing and hitting targets at will.

Phillipou is just a God among men. I saw him beat Roma in a hit out, roved it himself, took on 3 tacklers (including the now bionic Windhager) then roostered it post height from 60 off his non preferred.

Now this may or may not have happened, but it seems no one else is going to put up a training review to refute me.

Can't wait to read your words after a win this year 🥰

Wouldn’t mind stocker as a bench player, not convinced he’s a starting 18 option.
Is there actually such a thing as a starting 18 vs a bench player any longer?
They make substitutions within the first 5 minutes or so anyway.

Anyone else disappointed in what we've seen from Stocker so far?
Probs not fair to make judgments on him yet. I'm thinking he'll be a mid at Sandy this year but we just haven't seen it thus far.
List wise l really think its of strong benefit to have Stocks and Bytel as youngish fill ins if we cop a run of injuries. We can't rely on just kids if we lose our mainstays.

Stocs is tough, aggressive with a good boot, reasonable pace, intelligent and articulate. Exactly the type you want as depth right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not really. he is a free hit and had 19 touches and 6 marks off a back flank and did some nice things in a new system under a new coach. if you're disappointed in that, then you have some lofty bloody expectations

I was probably hoping to find a Will Brodie or something I guess. He's looking like a solid middler which has never been something we lack. Hopefully finds bit of form at some point. Seems like a great kid.

Is there actually such a thing as a starting 18 vs a bench player any longer?
They make substitutions within the first 5 minutes or so anyway.

This year you can sub players on without injury. You could legit play a second ruck for a half and if need be bench them and put in a runner. Not like being a medi-sub any more.

FWIW, my view of the “safe for 2024” Under 25s is below…

B: Battle - Van Es - McLennan
HB: Stocker - Adams - Coffield
C: Wang.-Mil.* - Clark* - Hotton
HF: Higgins - Caminiti - Phillipou
F: Owens - King - Keeler
Foll: Heath - Windhager - Bytel

Hmm”: Paton Sharman Allison Byrnes Connolly Peris
I reckon the “hmms” are either in strife, or I’m not sure about where they fit.

For me, I’d love Paton to get back to top form, love Sharman, and have a lot of time for Byrnes.

The asterisked blokes, NAS and Clark, I don’t know if they will stay, but I’d love to keep them.
Either way, I think it still needs some class and pace in the middle…
0CBBF9FD-1E39-44A7-91AB-C164D7AB43A8.gif

And didn't miss

Did you happen to catch Sharman training by himself in his sterile space suit so he doesn't get injured or get exposed to any pathogens before the Freo game. Talk about the standards lifting.

I was probably hoping to find a Will Brodie or something I guess. He's looking like a solid middler which has never been something we lack. Hopefully finds bit of form at some point. Seems like a great kid.
His name was
Did you happen to catch Sharman training by himself in his sterile space suit so he doesn't get injured or get exposed to any pathogens before the Freo game. Talk about the standards lifting.
Hey man...DMT is awesome...would u like some?

south park beat a dead horse GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2023 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back