Training 2023 Preseason + training discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The goose

It's a shame Josh over did it last preseason. These things happen away from clubs. Gossage wouldn't even know how hard each individual pushes themselves.
Every player has things they can work on but I can’t understand how he could question Josh Treacys work ethic.
They kid has been working his ass off since the day he arrived.
He’s always doing extra over preseason and got himself a debut after only a few weeks of his first year after coming in via the rookie draft.

I hope Treacy's taken it easy for a bit after getting so slammed by EBV; post-viral syndrome would really suck

Every player has things they can work on but I can’t understand how he could question Josh Treacys work ethic.
He’s always doing extra over preseason and got himself a debut after only a few weeks of his first year after coming in via the rookie draft.

I can't understand why you would listen to Goosage, let alone take what he says seriously.

I'm convinced that if he'd been given the chance to play footy in his final year in Victoria he would have been a reasonably high draft pick, and not a rookie draft pick.

I'm convinced that if he'd been given the chance to play footy in his final year in Victoria he would have been a reasonably high draft pick, and not a rookie draft pick.
Given his 1st year production for us and how he was tracking prior to injury/illness, I'd argue top ten wouldn't have been unreasonable. Definitely top 20. Young talls who can apply defensive pressure and contribute on the scoreboard aren't ten-a-penny.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Given his 1st year production for us and how he was tracking prior to injury/illness, I'd argue top ten wouldn't have been unreasonable. Definitely top 20. Young talls who can apply defensive pressure and contribute on the scoreboard aren't ten-a-penny.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
A good indicator is to compare Treacy to Tabs. Both came via the rookie drafts.
Tabs height and size was always going to trouble defenders but in the earlier days
his kicking, decision making was always suspect.
His determination and hard work eventually paid off to be a serviceable player.
Some days Tabs looks like that aggressive tall target, others he is easily held.
He is an enigma, and then there is his durability.

Treacy is that aggressive tall, can kick goals easily from outside 50, and has a footy
a brain.
Going by trajectories he is already ahead of Tabs at the same age.
A combo of Amiss, Treacy and Jackson, players that can read the play and
Have different leading patterns, style. I believe can lift us into a genuine top
4 team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, that shoulder looks pretty rough doesn’t it!
Will be interesting to see where Fyfe lines up next year. Best case scenario he
returns to his contested beast role.
But if he doesn’t are we big enough in the midfield?
Losing Mundy, O’Meara isn’t that tall big bodied mid, seems that Erasmus, Johnson
must get games under their belt.
Worst case Fyfe plays minutes forward/mid.
The GF really highlighted Sydney’s lack of size in the centre, our loss to the
Pies, we didn’t have anyone to run with DeGoey.
Brodie needs to get fitter, Jackson will help in the clearances, but who has the size
and explosive speed?

Will be interesting to see where Fyfe lines up next year. Best case scenario he
returns to his contested beast role.
But if he doesn’t are we big enough in the midfield?
Losing Mundy, O’Meara isn’t that tall big bodied mid, seems that Erasmus, Johnson
must get games under their belt.
Worst case Fyfe plays minutes forward/mid.
The GF really highlighted Sydney’s lack of size in the centre, our loss to the
Pies, we didn’t have anyone to run with DeGoey.
Brodie needs to get fitter, Jackson will help in the clearances, but who has the size
and explosive speed?
JOM isn’t a big bodied mid? What crack are you smokin’. He’s bigger and more contested than Mundy ever was. Plays two ways too. Definitely an upgrade in that department, a downgrade in delivery however.

Brayshaw and Serong and Erasmus are explosive and Johnson is up there. We also added Jackson.

Our midfield is very much better than 2022 and it was already very good.

JOM isn’t a big bodied mid? What crack are you smokin’. He’s bigger and more contested than Mundy ever was. Plays two ways too. Definitely an upgrade in that department, a downgrade in delivery however.

Brayshaw and Serong and Erasmus are explosive and Johnson is up there. We also added Jackson.

Mundy is bigger than JOM however JOM runs harder both ways. JOM s foot skills are pretty good just not as good as Mundy.

JOM is a a big mid, but is 183cm. Mundy was 192cm so yes we will miss
his height.
It’s why I suggested we need to get Erasmus, Johnson involved, fast tracked.
Brodie helps, but you need that X factor type with height and pace.
Will be interesting to see where they line up at preseason training.
The last two Grand Finals were won in the middle I don’t see that trend changing
soon.
As do most clubs that have also improved their midfields, list with trades.

JOM is a a big mid, but is 183cm. Mundy was 192cm so yes we will miss
his height.
It’s why I suggested we need to get Erasmus, Johnson involved, fast tracked.
Brodie helps, but you need that X factor type with height and pace.
Will be interesting to see where they line up at preseason training.
The last two Grand Finals were won in the middle I don’t see that trend changing
soon.
As do most clubs that have also improved their midfields, list with trades.

Our midfield is looking very, very good. That's the least of our worries imo.

Mundy is bigger than JOM however JOM runs harder both ways. JOM s foot skills are pretty good just not as good as Mundy.
Hope JOM isn’t another Stuart Anderson. For anyone who was following us back then will remember he was a highly regarded, big bodied type, who in some respects played a bit like JOM. He did barely anything here and retired during his 2nd season with us.

Just remember being so excited when we picked him up.

Hope JOM isn’t another Stuart Anderson. For anyone who was following us back then will remember he was a highly regarded, big bodied type, who in some respects played a bit like JOM. He did barely anything here and retired during his 2nd season with us.

Just remember being so excited when we picked him up.
Wasn’t he so devastated to be traded here that he didn’t put in any work?

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2023 Preseason + training discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back