Autopsy 2023 Rd 24 Giants end Blues winning streak

Who played well for the Blues in Round 24 vs the Giants?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Media are gunning for Weiters to get suspended for eye gouging.. was doing the dishes so missed it, should we be worried?

Not a lot to worry about. Cripps and Docherty to come back in. Walsh, Cerra and McGovern rusty after a month out. Acres should be right to go in two weeks.

We will be more intense in a final.
I know it doesn’t matter for our finals position but I didn’t like what I just witnessed.

Missing Cripps and doch should not mean we play that poorly.

Anyway we’re in finals and that happiness overrides all else

Fingers crosssd acres and salad (?) receiver in time

My hot takes:

1 - Missed our leaders and bulls (Doc + Cripps)​
2 - Not the worst loss, a good "We're not invincible" reset.​
3 - If you ever wondered what Pitt brings to the team, see Quarters 2, 3 and 4. TSK growing, but still our best body to body and tap ruck. Without him we're not a contest and clearance behemoth.​

Last edited:
Some of my mates are saying this game was a dead rubber ... but I don't necessarily buy that.
Of course we were missing Crippa, Doc, Mots, Kennedy, Pitto who will be ins for the semi ... but I reckon
we are running out of legs as we have played literally 9 elimination finals in a row and the downside
of our pressure playing style is that involves an enormous amount of physical effort and while
I hope I'm wrong, a quick exit out of finals against the Swans wouldn't surprise.

Media are gunning for Weiters to get suspended for eye gouging.. was doing the dishes so missed it, should we be worried?

No . I’ve looked at slow down replay . Looked like he gouged right eye, but left eye was bleeding . Was incidental contact from the back of his hand.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it doesn’t matter for our finals position but I didn’t like what I just witnessed.

Missing Cripps and doch should not mean we play that poorly.

Anyway we’re in finals and that happiness overrides all else

Fingers crosssd acres and salad (?) receiver in time

When you have to win, you put everything on the line. When you gain nothing by winning aside from keeping a streak going, you hold back a little to make sure you are there for the finals. It's common sense. Why go into the finals more bashed up than you need to be?

Some of my mates are saying this game was a dead rubber ... but I don't necessarily buy that.
Of course we were missing Crippa, Doc, Mots, Kennedy, Pitto who will be ins for the semi ... but I reckon
we are running out of legs as we have played literally 9 elimination finals in a row and the downside
of our pressure playing style is that involves an enormous amount of physical effort and while
I hope I'm wrong, an quick exit out of finals against the Swans wouldn't surprise.
We're going to smash Sydney.

Greene had McG in a headlock
Weiters grabbed Greene's head to get him out of it
his fingers were near Greene's LEFT eye
there was a small bit of argy bargy
Greene started bleeding above his RIGHT eye

dun dun dunnnnn

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 24 Giants end Blues winning streak

Back